Brownie Back To Vic.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

concur, I would much rather keep Reiwoldt, but thinking we can get jono brown for a packet of chips, armitage, and 2 pair levi's and a case of coca cola is a complete joke.

Jono Brown is the best and most important player at Brisbane, he's their flagship, their marketing tool and their star, you might argue power, black and lappin are better players, but frankly they can't be marketted like Brown (same as reiwoldt at st kilda, hall at Sydney etc)

to get him to st kilda is going to be bloody hard, and cost a fortune. Brisbane would be looking over our list for the very best to trade with.

and frankly I would hate to lose nick reiwoldt. He is a truly inspirational player.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
bozza1980
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:jono brown will cost Nick Reiwoldt.

or we tank and get him in the PSD.

they won't accept potential.
They'd probably demand a draft pick aswell.

If we traded Roo for Brown we would be giving up a bit of our soul, that I don't think the value of Brown could replace.

He's our captain, he's a 4 time club champion, these blokes don't come to our or any club everyday.

No deal!!

Lennon
Club Player

Behind Play wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:
saintdooley wrote:tell riewoldt to bugger off and go home to Brisbane, and we can get Brown! :D
How bout u bugger off boy.

This coming from a cheersquad member what a disgrace
just saying what i want.
personally im not a riewoldt fan and would rather brown than riewoldt!
brown may only have 3 years left in him, and riewoldt might have 7, but brown can kick 220 goals and 55 behinds in that 3 years, while riewoldt would struggle to kick 220 goals in 7 years, if anything he would probably get the 220 behinds!
Surely theres somewhere in the rules that can kick this guy off the forum for such stupid comments...or retrospective rules.. opinions or not, what a disgrace...
According to the oxford, a forum is a place of public discussion, even though we may not agree, people can still express an opinion.
Dooley, is not the only person who believes Brownie is a much better footballer.....we read about it virtually everyday in the paper.
Maybe we do have some trades we can use to bring him to our club... not saying it has to be Roo.
You realise he is making these kinds of comments:
saintdooley wrote:tell riewoldt to bugger off and go home to Brisbane, and we can get Brown! :D
saintdooley wrote:
just saying what i want.
brown may only have 3 years left in him, and riewoldt might have 7, but brown can kick 220 goals and 55 behinds in that 3 years, while riewoldt would struggle to kick 220 goals in 7 years, if anything he would probably get the 220 behinds!
About our club captain?

Our best player?

And a guy who is easily as dedicated to the Saints as Robert Harvey has ever been?

Yeah, free speech and all that crap, but geez... it gets your blood up.

HarveysDeciple

Riewoldt will retire as one of the games greats and one of the clubs best 4 or 5 players of all time.

To trade him would be laughable beyond comprehension!

Behind Play
Club Player

If ever there was a club player, except for Harves, have a look at Lenny. even though Roo is one of our best, he isn't alone. I didn't see Lenny procrastinating to sign his new contract.
Great captain, which he should have held on to.

Lennon
Club Player

Behind Play wrote:If ever there was a club player, except for Harves, have a look at Lenny. even though Roo is one of our best, he isn't alone. I didn't see Lenny procrastinating to sign his new contract.
:roll: Some people will use any reason they can scrape the bottom of the barrel for.

Nick did not "procrastinate". He negotiated a contract both he and the club were happy with.

Apu
Club Player

bozza1980 wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:jono brown will cost Nick Reiwoldt.

or we tank and get him in the PSD.

they won't accept potential.
They'd probably demand a draft pick aswell.

If we traded Roo for Brown we would be giving up a bit of our soul, that I don't think the value of Brown could replace.

He's our captain, he's a 4 time club champion, these blokes don't come to our or any club everyday.

No deal!!
well said!!!

Lennon wrote:
Behind Play wrote:If ever there was a club player, except for Harves, have a look at Lenny. even though Roo is one of our best, he isn't alone. I didn't see Lenny procrastinating to sign his new contract.
:roll: Some people will use any reason they can scrape the bottom of the barrel for.

Nick did not "procrastinate". He negotiated a contract both he and the club were happy with.
I am not making excuses, I am telling you what happened. Roos' contract signing took about three weeks and was in the media every day. Lenny signed, without a pay increase mind you, with out a bloody fan fair.
All I was trying to say, tosser, is Roo is not the only true Saint, there others and i beleive Lenny is one...........a very special one at that.

esaint66
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
How bout u bugger off boy.

This coming from a cheersquad member what a disgrace
just saying what i want.

We'll atleast if we keep Roo u'll have some1 u can boo

Well if he is yelling out boo he will be drowned out by the rest of us all yelling out ROOOOO !! :D :D

Lennon
Club Player

Behind Play wrote:
Lennon wrote:

I am not making excuses, I am telling you what happened. Roos' contract signing took about three weeks and was in the media every day. Lenny signed, without a pay increase mind you, with out a bloody fan fair.
All I was trying to say, tosser, is Roo is not the only true Saint, there others and i beleive Lenny is one...........a very special one at that.
Watch your language.

Three weeks is not an excessive time for a contract to be negotiated. As for it being in the media every day, that may have something to do with Riewoldt being among the top ten players in the AFL, and hardly Riewoldt's doing.

As for "what you were trying to say", nobody at any point claimed that Riewoldt is "the only true Saint". So your mentioning of Lenny, and deriding of Roo in the same breath, was rather unnecessary.

The rest of us were simply defending Riewoldt after a poster said that they would like to see him traded for Brown.

Behind Play
Club Player

Lennon wrote:
Behind Play wrote:
Lennon wrote:

Watch your language.

Three weeks is not an excessive time for a contract to be negotiated. As for it being in the media every day, that may have something to do with Riewoldt being among the top ten players in the AFL, and hardly Riewoldt's doing.

As for "what you were trying to say", nobody at any point claimed that Riewoldt is "the only true Saint". So your mentioning of Lenny, and deriding of Roo in the same breath, was rather unnecessary.

The rest of us were simply defending Riewoldt after a poster said that they would like to see him traded for Brown.
Who cares! As stated prior, he probably isn't the only supporter who believes, Brownie is better than Roo. At least he has the balls to speak his mind. I am pretty sure there are number of more learned people in the game than you and I, who would think the same.
Really Lennon, let others express their views.

Lennon
Club Player

Behind Play wrote:
Who cares! As stated prior, he probably isn't the only supporter who believes, Brownie is better than Roo.
Mate, it was less what he said, and more how he said it.

Go back and read his post.

Behind Play wrote:Really Lennon, let others express their views.
Advice you perhaps should take to heart yourself.

Behind Play
Club Player

Lennon wrote:
Behind Play wrote:
Who cares! As stated prior, he probably isn't the only supporter who believes, Brownie is better than Roo.
Mate, it was less what he said, and more how he said it.

Go back and read his post.

Behind Play wrote:Really Lennon, let others express their views.
Advice you perhaps should take to heart yourself.
I don't give a rats what people say, as long as its not personal. Really if you take things so seriously, don't partake in a public forum. Because there will be views that do not agree with yours........ thats life.

Any way its great to see you stand up for your views and the team. Have a great night watching the game.

I am certain we both agree with the result we want.