Leigh Montagna has just confirmed it....SOFT AS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Who here actually saw the incident with X??? I DID and there was nothing in it from what I saw!

X’s mistake was not looking where he was friggin’ going! It wasn’t even 100% of his opponents fault either as he ALSO wasn’t watching where he was going until the last second where he bumped X and that was simply because X ran across into the path of him…from there he fell and then hit his head! I don’t know why this incident (as much as I love Xavier) is being blown out to gargantuan proportions??? Who here saw it?? Was there a TV replay in slow-mo or something telling a different story?? I was at the game, I saw the incident from the 3rd tier at the end the incident occurred and as much as I was having a stomach churning time watching the Cats have a picnic with us I didn’t see anything other than an accident in regards to this.

When people say no-one did the right thing by X...exactly what was the right thing to be done?? Start a fight? Based on what evidence?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Who here actually saw the incident with X??? I DID and there was nothing in it from what I saw!

X’s mistake was not looking where he was friggin’ going! It wasn’t even 100% of his opponents fault either as he ALSO wasn’t watching where he was going until the last second where he bumped X and that was simply because X ran across into the path of him…from there he fell and then hit his head! I don’t know why this incident (as much as I love Xavier) is being blown out to gargantuan proportions??? Who here saw it?? Was there a TV replay in slow-mo or something telling a different story?? I was at the game, I saw the incident from the 3rd tier at the end the incident occurred and as much as I was having a stomach churning time watching the Cats have a picnic with us I didn’t see anything other than an accident in regards to this.

When people say no-one did the right thing by X...exactly what was the right thing to be done?? Start a fight? Based on what evidence?
I've only seen it on replay and it doesn't match your description of what occurred.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

St.Luke wrote:
Who here actually saw the incident with X??? I DID and there was nothing in it from what I saw!

Have seen it a couple of times on replay. You are spot on with your description, absolutely nothing in it at all.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:St.Luke wrote:

Have seen it a couple of times on replay. You are spot on with your description, absolutely nothing in it at all.
That's whay a lawyer once told me that eye-witness accounts aren't worth much!

You and I both watched the same vision and have completely opposite views! :)

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:
That's whay a lawyer once told me that eye-witness accounts aren't worth much!

You and I both watched the same vision and have completely opposite views!

:) :) :)

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the question should Im asking is where is the consistency when we discuss previous policy regarding duty of care, the hits to the head AND with the baker incident.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
krabb
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:Who here actually saw the incident with X??? I DID and there was nothing in it from what I saw!

Exactly how i see it...Clarke was jogging along in la la land..he never seems to be aware of anyone near him.

How i wish we could get a few opposition players carried off for average but hard bumps..

We're too soft by a mile.

We dont get picked on by umpires...if we got the friggin ball and moved it fast enough they wouldnt be able to keep up.

Baker is missed..yeah he got a rough deal...but he is undisciplined at times and his own worst enemy.

Hope he remembers to keep it tough but fair when he returns...because we pay when he's out of the side.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

I also saw it, was sitting behind the goals and had a clear view, your account of what happened is what I saw too.

Before Im 85
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
congorozides wrote:
The_Dud wrote:my opinion of Geelong is that they try to give the impression that they're tough by taking cheap shots at opposition players (tripping, cleaning up blokes who aren't looking, whacking blokes behind play) but when it comes to the real test of toughness, putting your body on the line, they are no where to be seen

still carrying those handbags

also, i have a feeling they think that if they shave there heads, it also makes them look tougher..... :roll:
nowhere to be seen?
oh right - then how the F%*# did they just win a premiership? soft teams dont win premierships.
You are spot on, they may be prone to the odd cheap shot but I don't remember too many Cats taking too many backward steps or being easily pushed off the ball in a one on one.

Punching, tripping and knocking blokes 20m off the ball out isn't tough however the fact they run hard and in straight lines and take their whack when needed to get the ball does. They are currently the hardest team in the comp.
well someone should tell Jimmy Bartel, because in the last couple of minutes of the first quarter he had the chance to put his body on the line and cut off a Riewoldt lead, but instead he looked, saw him coming, stopped, and Roo took the mark (can't remeber if he kicked the goal) and Bartel actually ended up having Harley trip over him

Bartel shirked the contest, no doubt about it, someone like Maxy would have put his body on the line to spoil that ball 10/10 times

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

So if this is legal, our players should be looking to hit any opposition player that can't see them coming. Every Saint that's not in the play should take someone out. A bit of training in this regard should enable us to score 5 or 6 stretcher cases a week. This should help our win/loss ratio, and give the kiddies something to cheer about.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Raven
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote: frankly if baker was there and pushed someone over he'd have got about 30 weeks, and if he punched someone the AFL would have shot him.
This made me laugh - so ridiculous yet probably true.

Behind Play
Club Player

satchmo wrote:So if this is legal, our players should be looking to hit any opposition player that can't see them coming. Every Saint that's not in the play should take someone out. A bit of training in this regard should enable us to score 5 or 6 stretcher cases a week. This should help our win/loss ratio, and give the kiddies something to cheer about.
we haven't got any one that would do it. unfortunately Hamil gone.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I saw it, thougt it was far enough off the ball to warrant some action, X not really in play, spectating as he watched the ball get kicked. West had eyes for him and took him out, fair or not fair?, for the AFL to decide....

FACT: X got carried off on a stretcher

FACT: Not one player checked on him

FACT: Geelong players rushed to congratulate West

FACT: No St Kilda player took up the issue then or later on when they would have known

FACT: We were out of the match from that point on...Not good enough Saints!!!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Re: Leigh Montagna has just confirmed it....SOFT AS

Otiman wrote:
plumtire wrote:The point I'm trying to make is that the coach needs to instill some toughness into the St Kilda GROUP
Considering how Lyon was a hard man himself, I am extremely surprised and disappointed that we aren't a hard team.
Lyon was as hard and tough as anyone from memory...will not accept any short cuts in this area...look for improvement in this area as the season progresses ,starting this Friday night hopefully :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
avid
Club Player

Re-posting this again from a previous long-lost thread -- but it's relevant to saintsrus's question:

I was watching X as he jogged along behind the play. (He might have been hurt a little in the previous passage.) He didn't see the guy coming -- just like Kosi! I reckon the Geelong player was as surprised as anyone that he'd had that much impact. It looked like a run of the mill minor bump to me, maybe with an unfortunate accidental impact, like a head clash -- like Kosi. X's total lack of awareness I'm afraid.

Of course there was no evience whatsoever that Baker's "hit" on Farmer was any more sinister.

I do miss the days when we were full of "hard men" (ie maybe not so full of highly skilled men!) but if none of the players saw the incident, or had a clue who was responsible, how should they have gone about "flying the flag" for X? Just run around the field taking indiscriminate swings?
Hmmm. I do think we look soft though.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:...but if none of the players saw the incident, or had a clue who was responsible, how should they have gone about "flying the flag" for X? Just run around the field taking indiscriminate swings?
Hmmm. I do think we look soft though.
Avid, I do think the players would have known once they got in the huddle, the message would have (should have) been passed on to them by a trainer. This is if they did not pick up on the fact that the Geelong players were rushing to pat West on the back (it certainly wasn't for any one of his 4 possessions). At worst they would have found out in the rooms at half time and should have come out seething...opportunity missed, will have to work twice as hard now to get any respect back, especially from the Geelong players!

sainteronline

saintsRrising wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:any saints player who retaliated 2 weeks plus and rising.
Did the Weagles player who confronted Hall immediately after he clocked Staker get two week?

= No.
confronted?

he ran in

realized who and what he was doing

then promptly sat himself on his a$$

before he got hit lol

confronted? BS

shathimself