It's not Lyon's fault!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Aren't you an Essendon member Nexus?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
NeXuss
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:Aren't you an Essendon member Nexus?
IGNORE.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Simple question: yes or no?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
NeXuss
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:Simple question: yes or no?
A couple of years ago I was going to join Essendon so I could go to the footy with my Essendon mates but in the end I didn't do it.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

NeXuss wrote:Why the silence Dan?
your a joke nexuss, I don't believe anythign you say or post because you constantly taunt and enjoy the failures.

folks here argue the pros and cons of success and failure, you are the only who thrives on it.

you cried? I bet you did, cried witih joy.

you seem to enjoy when st kilda are down, and dissappear like a wraith during our periods of moderate success.

first sign something goes pear shaped your here like a maggot on a corpse.

I argue for and against issues with folks here, and while I disagree vehemently with a number of them on their issues, I perceive that they want st kilda to succeed.

you don't.

you thrive on our failure.

I think those who haven't seen your posts over the past 7 or 8 years or longer, are now wise to your issues.

folks pidgeon hole other folks based on their posts, but outside yourself and a handful of others, everyone wants st kilda to win a premiership, the more the better and are dissapointed at our lack of success, with various volumes of hope for the future.

you won't be happy till you can do your gollum dance over the corpse of st kilda given your history of posting.

whats to say? folks are on to nexuss, your form over the various nexus incarnations are evidence in themselves.

you can say what you like nexuss, I don't believe you, I remember your history of posts.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Just to join your mates?

The way I remember it, you were very sad one night after a St Kilda loss and you packed up your kitbag and moved on.

And now you claim to demand respect as a St Kilda supporter for 25 years.

A true supporter doesn't get going to other clubs when the going gets too tough.

So sorry Nexus, I grant you no respect. Have a nice day.

NeXuss
Club Player

So you are happy with GT exiting and being replaced by Lyon??

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

If that question is directed at me, then I was happy with GT going, yes. My jury is still out on Ross and his coaching style. Has only just broken even as yet.

As for you Nexus, my jury decision is back in. Unanimous in fact.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

NeXuss wrote:So you are happy with GT exiting and being replaced by Lyon??
I'm happy to discuss my issues and opinions with folks who support st kilda at any time on this forum.

agitating for a response like a maggot on a corpse for teh sole purposes of creating discontent and discord are your forte.

SHUT UP KRIME!
congorozides
Club Player

can we move on from the GT crap.
GT is reposnible for 5 years of crap recruiting and ZERO development of young players post Goddard.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:
can we move on from the GT crap.
GT is reposnible for 5 years of crap recruiting and ZERO development of young players post Goddard.
Exactly

congorozides
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
congorozides wrote:
NeXuss wrote:
Gee this seems all to familiar at the present! Has anything actually changed?
Nothing has changed on this forum, but there has been a slight shift. There are about 65% of posters still wearing "ROSE-COLOURED-GLASSES", and 35% who can finally see clearly now.

At the end of RL's contract St.kilda should go crawling back to Thomas and re-hire him as Head Coach. That's the only chance we have of getting our club back on track. If we don't, we will spend the next 6 years out of the 8 and those million dollar losses will be back again.

Attention Dan.....nobody is hurting more than me and your constant abuse towards me shows how much your hurting as well.
It is not GT or any other individual that is either to blame or capable of saving. it is everyone at the club.

our only regular player under 21 is gilbert. thats a failure on everyone at the club for the past 5 years. GT included.
Out of curiosity Gorro, why the cutoff age of 21?

What's the significance of 21?
No significance to 21. Have to make a cut off somewhere. Just making the point that I think we took our off the ball in the past few years in developing players. I think we were so convinced we were going to win a flag after that narrow loss to Port in 2005 we stopped worrying about the kids.

Just saying that asides Goddard and Gilbert we dont have any youngsters to be pumped about. I think every other club has at least one guy under 21 to get pumped over. But in answer to your question, no real reason for 21 as a cutoff per se except to make the point that after 2005 we didnt bother on the junior development front and I think we are paying for that now.

SainterX
Club Player

Then again if we had won in 04 or 05 the word recruiting would never even be mentioned at this point in time. A Wanganeen special and a Big Bad Bazza punch cost us grand final spots in those years. Who seriously doubts we would not have beaten West Coast in 05 given how we owned them in Melbourne back then?
GT may have been an idiot, a money hungry grub or worse, but he took us further than any coach had in a long time, so his influence surely was not all bad.

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
congorozides
Club Player

SainterX wrote:Then again if we had won in 04 or 05 the word recruiting would never even be mentioned at this point in time. A Wanganeen special and a Big Bad Bazza punch cost us grand final spots in those years. Who seriously doubts we would not have beaten West Coast in 05 given how we owned them in Melbourne back then?
GT may have been an idiot, a money hungry grub or worse, but he took us further than any coach had in a long time, so his influence surely was not all bad.
agree. GT wasnt all bad, thats for sure. His record speaks for itself i think.

id just like a young player to be excited about right now and im sorry to say i dont have one. my favourite youngster is Geary right now.

st paddy
Club Player

Re: It's not Lyon's fault!!

barks4eva wrote:
NeXuss wrote: The only thing that stopped us were injuries. That was the only area that GT failed in.
Ever bothered to take a look at our recruiting under Thomas numbnuts?

pfft.................I thought you were going to follow the bombers :roll:

You are a fair dinkum bone monkey!
Ah yes - the new leaf bark4eva.

will he be warned? - no way!

3 abusive posts in the same thread.

can someone explain why he is not banned?
Last edited by st paddy on Wed 16 Apr 2008 1:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

st paddy wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
NeXuss wrote: The only thing that stopped us were injuries. That was the only area that GT failed in.
Ever bothered to take a look at our recruiting under Thomas numbnuts?

pfft.................I thought you were going to follow the bombers :roll:

You are a fair dinkum bone monkey!
Ah yes - the new leaf bark4eva.

can someone explain why not?
barks is an idiot over this issue, but at least he's our idiot.

I try not to bother responding to barks rants any more.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Zippy
Club Player

congorozides wrote:agree. GT wasnt all bad, thats for sure. His record speaks for itself i think.

id just like a young player to be excited about right now and im sorry to say i dont have one. my favourite youngster is Geary right now.
2nd longest serving coach, and one of our few coaches with an overall winning record - not a bad reign at all. I'm still happy with Lyon though.

I think, for a youngster to be excited about, you can't go past Jack Steven

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
congorozides
Club Player

[quote="Zippy
I think, for a youngster to be excited about, you can't go past Jack Steven[/quote]

hope so.
how is he going in the scorps?

he is pretty small at this stage - looks like an eddie betts.
Last edited by congorozides on Wed 16 Apr 2008 2:36pm, edited 2 times in total.

NeXuss
Club Player

Zippy wrote:
congorozides wrote:agree. GT wasnt all bad, thats for sure. His record speaks for itself i think.

2nd longest serving coach, and one of our few coaches with an overall winning record - not a bad reign at all. I'm still happy with Lyon though.

I think, for a youngster to be excited about, you can't go past Jack Steven
Jack Steven :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Has he actually played a single senior game yet? How can you get excited about a player who has only played in the Mickey Mouse club. :?: :?: :?: :?:

congorozides
Club Player

NeXuss wrote:I think, for a youngster to be excited about, you can't go past Jack Steven
Jack Steven :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Has he actually played a single senior game yet? How can you get excited about a player who has only played in the Mickey Mouse club. :?: :?: :?: :?:
true. i aint excited about him yet. unless he grows an inch or two for starters.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

<<sits back, eats popcorn and slurps on frosty beverage.....reading

St.Kenny
Club Player

if Barks can go on nuerotically and obsessively about GT leaving why cant NExus do the same about GT coming home. This is an issue which will grow and grow and grow the lower we go on the ladder so I wouldnt keep running from it. The biggest single issue in the last 5 or so years at the club so understandably there are still people feeling the pain of seeing finals certainties become also rans because of the wishes and elements of misguided delusional elements within the club. Nexus is not alone deal with it .....

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
Richter
SS Life Member

st paddy wrote:Ah yes - the new leaf bark4eva.

3 abusive posts in the same thread.

can someone explain why he is not banned?
St P, I reckon that insulting Nexxarse does not count. He provides a function - resurrecting himself every few months and trolling the forum. We all bag him for his negativity and then when he can't help himself he becomes abusive and crawls back under his rock again.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
ratismeat
Club Player

snore...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterX wrote:GT may have been an idiot, a money hungry grub or worse, but he took us further than any coach had in a long time, so his influence surely was not all bad.
Long time????

97 Grand Final....not almost made a GF but actually did.

GT inherited the core of that team....

Banger, Jones, Everitt, Max, Thommo, Pecket, Loewe, Burkey, Hall

That is almost half a team who rate as good to great players.

Thanks to cirumstances add:
GTrain, Hamill, Penny, Voss, Lawrence, Powell,

Roo, Kosi, X,

GT was given more to work with than Alves....

GT was given a great bag of players to do something with.....and then could not add value to it..

His trading "successes" were Knoble, Sugar, Guerra, McGough, Watts, Brooks...and thank god for Gram...so he got one right.

A coach needs to add value to the list.

GT was in the right spot at the right time for his mate RB to give him control of a huge amount of talent.

Now Gt wasa far superior coach to Watson....and to the disinterested golf playing Blight.

But a builder and developer of talent and and of a team he was not.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....