What I hate about Collo's Temple

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

crowjelly
Club Player

What I hate about Collo's Temple

1. Paying $23 to park under it

2. Waiting 10 mins at livewire for arrogant untrained staff, who pay more attention to their earpieces than the customers they're supposed to be serving sorrow drowning drinks.

3. Paying premium prices for the the above service

4. The food prices and restricrtive policies.

Can others add to the list?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I think the ground is great and you dont need to park under the ground or eat their food. And the cost of beer is pretty much pub prices.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: What I hate about Collo's Temple

crowjelly wrote:1. Paying $23 to park under it

2. Waiting 10 mins at livewire for arrogant untrained staff, who pay more attention to their earpieces than the customers they're supposed to be serving sorrow drowning drinks.

Someone, Spotless I believe, is making a lot of money out of the catering contract. $4.20 for a cardboard tub of chips that wouldn't feed two seagulls.

The other thing that really p*sses me off is being thanked on behalf of the Telstra Dome management for attending the game and they hope I had an enjoyable evening. Just more corporate schlock. Oh so sanitised.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I think the ground is great and you dont need to park under the ground or eat their food. And the cost of beer is pretty much pub prices.
huh? $15 for two pots and a vodka? Thats nightclub prices!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Every event whether it is footy, soccer or a concert have the same prices for food and they are not just at Telstra Dome. It is just the way it is. Bring your own food if you dont want to pay.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

It's no good just whinging about it, you need to do something about it. Here are a few tips;

Park in the Carpark at the corner of Addely & Dudley Sts. Costs $10 and the walk across the Latrobe St bridge will do you the world of good.

Wear a backpack. I have not had mine checked in 2 years. Buy your Nandos or Subway on the way in and stuff it in your backpack. Its healthier than the stuff in there too.

Pretend to be a good bloke and get others to buy your drinks (joffaboy is an expert at this and gives lessons.....for a fee)

Don't EVER buy anything from Beyond Sport. It is owned & operated by Essendon FC.

I'm sure others will come up with some helpful hints. Just choose those that suit you best !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I think the ground is great and you dont need to park under the ground or eat their food. And the cost of beer is pretty much pub prices.
At the game a beer costs $4.50 for for 420 mills that is pub prices.

crowjelly
Club Player

Sorry Plugger didn't know you were on the payroll there.

We do take our own food. I parked there, because where we usually park and pay $10 for was full. Last time we parked under the temple the fee was $15.

I was not complaining about the price of drinks - it was the untrained arrogant bar staff we had to wait 10 mins for!

Bowey Boy
Club Player

It is not located anywhere near our spiritual home in the Southern/South Eastern Suburbs. It is on the far side of town and everything about it is designed to remove money from your pocket.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
At the game a beer costs $4.50 for for 420 mills that is pub prices.
we are talking about livewire (well the OP was). And they charge nightclub prices for beer and vodka.

FQF
In richo I trust

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

crowjelly wrote:

I was not complaining about the price of drinks - it was the untrained arrogant bar staff we had to wait 10 mins for!
Yell at them or push in !!

crowjelly
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
crowjelly wrote:

Yell at them or push in !!
We did, had to give the wife a chill pill.

The big fat girl running the bar, could/would not hear due to the radio earpiece in her lughole!

Hard at it
Club Player

The problem with livewire yesterday was that they had 2 untrained SriLankan staff working who had no idea about prices or quite frankly how to work in a bar in general. I dont blame them for that, i blame management. They shouldn't be putting people in a position at the most populated bar at the dome until they have the appropriate training.

crowjelly
Club Player

And most of the taps were without beer, where the barstaff were walking from the front of the bar to the back where we were to fill glasses - but could not serve us because it wasn't 'their section'.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Hard at it wrote:

The problem with livewire yesterday was that they had 2 untrained SriLankan staff working who had no idea about prices or quite frankly how to work in a bar in general. I dont blame them for that, i blame management. They shouldn't be putting people in a position at the most populated bar at the dome until they have the appropriate training.
The problem is delaware north are a shocking group to work for. They pay shocking rates, do not train or create a bar team. I worked for them once and their middle management is pathetic. Most good bartenders would rather work for ALH then deleware and thats saying something. Imagine if their prices were decient!

FQF
In richo I trust

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

My biggest beef with Collo's Temple is that fact that he/they try to 'screw' the public at every opportunity.

How many times have you been in a queue to get into the ground only to find that on;ly a portion of the available turnstiles are ac tually manned? WHy do they do it? To save a few bucks on wages.

COllo used to do it when he was in charge at Princes Park and I nhever noticed it occurring at Telstra Dome until he took over.

The other main issue I have is a safety one.
The design of the building has a real 'flaw' in it. If you park your car under the stadium in the carpark, the only access is via a lift or staircase. After the game, to get to the staircase you have to 'fight' with the crowd coming down from Levels 1,2,3 who want ot get out of the stadium. Every week since the Stadium opened there have been problems at these congestion ponits.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Livewire is a great concept. A civilised place to drink that kids are welcome at, with drinks that are OK price-wise for a sports venue. Pity its staffed by THE slowest bar staff the hospitality industry has ever seen

Heres a tip. Walk down the big steps off the concourse and cross over the Bourke St extension and you'll find a new bar/bistro called Nixons. Drinks about the same price as LW, served by staff who can actually pour a drink quickly, and nice food. The $9 steak sandwiches I can reccomend

Car parking prices are extortion

One positive though. The two Ticketing Managers are complete legends. Without them the Moorabbin Wing could not function as well as it does at ticketed games.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
crowjelly
Club Player

And a big wrap to Kylie and our membership team - how they survived those first home games I'll never know.

Once again very helpful to my wife after she had misplaced her member card yesterday.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

park at Crown for $6

or is that to far for all you old fella's to walk ;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Ice Wolf
Club Player

The worst things about the Dome is the crush points getting onto the footbridge after the game, and the complete morons who are in charge at Spencer Street. The staff don't know where the trains are going and are more interested in getting you to go to Flinders Street and will blatantly lie to you to get you there. To top it all off the stick the Frankston and Dandenong lines on the same platform along with Sandringham and there are 2 Sandringham trains for every Frankston or Dandenong train.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:The worst things about the Dome is the crush points getting onto the footbridge after the game .....
Another maor 'design flaw'.

They should have widened the 'aboveground mezzanine level' that leads to the footbridge much wider than they did. You now have people streaming out of the city side of TD who want to go to the footbridge or the stairs to the Coventry end, 'fighting' against foot traffic coming from the other side trying to get to teh footbridge.

If they had thought about it properly they should have built a 'walkway' from gate 5 to the footbridge which would have alleviated the bottleneck outside gate 3 (the Coventry end).

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I drive to the footy at TD and use the Latrobe St bridge. Nowhere near as bad as the Bourke St bridge. I sympathise with those who go by train. They have no option !!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I find the most annoying thing about TD is the incompetent fools who are hired by the catering in the Victory Room.

Constantly they decide to stack the extra beer fridges 2 minutes into half time rather than halfway through the second quarter, thus impinging on my drinking time and often making me miss the start of the second half.

Game 2 this year the clown at the can bar didn’t know how to open the cash register to begin serving people at half time, while a queue of twenty plus were waiting

On a serious note, they do exactly that. They have no idea re catering, and the company should be held accountable. Telling the management that falls on deaf ears, as the clowns they hire are clearly doing it for about $6 p.h.

And also when they serve up the meals, their dirty scabby thumbs are hanging over the edge of the plates, again ignorance re hospitality. Then they look at you like a dumb sh!t when you say “No sorry I’m not having that, your scabby filthy thumb has been on the surface of my plate.â€

esaint66
SS Life Member

I hate the fatc that you have to be curtious to younger children. I meen that may sound really mean but the only children around me were
1. screaming for no apparent reason
2. Playing a game console.
3. or running up and down the aisle doing 1 and or 2 :roll: :roll:

And when i did swear i was told in no unceratin terms that this was not acceptable. I payed my money and i should be able to say whatever i want to my football team and on saturday we just didnt cut it so i was a little upset ( to say the least.) i shouldnt have o think of other people when i do this.

Grimfang
Club Player

The well known issues with food, drink & parking prices aside; the fact that it seems that no steps are taken to make it feel like our home; as mentioned in this post. A home ground...

What is it with the dome? On Saturday during the banner run-throughs, they played the Cats theme at full volume and then turned it down for ours. Not the first time this has happened either. We get treated to a ground announcer who wishes the opposition good luck. I've yet to see one of those "zoom in the camera" giveaway winners actually dressed in Saints colours. Little things and yet IMO they contribute to the "rent-a-dome" feel of the place.
If it's supposed to be our home ground, then on game day it shouldn't feel like a neutral venue.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.