Jason Blake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ratismeat
Club Player

More blake talk, snore...

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

On a more serious note, I'm genuinely worried about him this Saturday.

I think he's suspect at the best of times, but he tends to get ripped by good players.

I can see Geelong planning to exploit him. I wish I could say I was shocked he wasn't dropped, but he's an absolute lovechild of Ross Lyon - somewhat inexplicably.

Seriously, I'd just about prefer Rix to come in as second ruckman and emergency option for Hawkins.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Blake does have a lot of admirable qualities. He is one of the fittest players on the list (high aerobic capacity, although not quick over a short distance), is one of the bravest at the club, and will always be guaranteed to put in 100% effort, put his body on the line and rack up more than his share of 1%ers.

However, generally at critical points of the match, he is prone to making some "relatively" simple errors, particularly in decision-making, and awareness of opponents bearing down on him (see Thomas Q4 last year v Collingwood). For mine, this places him on the fringe of the first team, and at the moment, I don't consider him worthy of a first-team spot.

Come on Blakey, you have a chance against the best team in the comp, go out there and prove your worth!

The Saints are coming!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:On a more serious note, I'm genuinely worried about him this Saturday.

I think he's suspect at the best of times, but he tends to get ripped by good players.

I can see Geelong planning to exploit him. I wish I could say I was shocked he wasn't dropped, but he's an absolute lovechild of Ross Lyon - somewhat inexplicably.

Seriously, I'd just about prefer Rix to come in

what....as a spare goal post....or as someone to carry the drinks at three quater time.....??????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

All I'll say is,

Blake goes to ground (ie loses his football) at EVERY contest.

So don't bother trying to defend it...Because it's fact.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:On a more serious note, I'm genuinely worried about him this Saturday.

Seriously, I'd just about prefer Rix to come in

what....as a spare goal post....or as someone to carry the drinks at three quater time.....??????
Rix tries as hard as Blake does.

Let's call a spade a spade here - they're both useless, it's just that Blake is allowed to either roam free and pick up cheap touches, or play two decent tagging games per year.

Neither should really be playing, but it's just bizarre that we would play Jason Blake against Geelong.

I hope he comes out and plays a blinder, but I fear his countless blunders and inability to contest will see him struggle to have a positive impact.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.