The Age on M Gardiner's fitness...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Age on M Gardiner's fitness...

I was just reading the Sports Section today, Monday, and spied: p7

"St Kilda is expecting Michael Gardiner to play against Geelong despite missing the Bulldogs witha calf complaint. The Saints described the late withdrawal as "precautionary". "

Though from a few SS posters the withdrawal was not really so late.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I would imagine if Gardiner had a ingrown nail with his history they wouldn't play him.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i would love to see him get shiited off at the cats and throw his weight around and a few cheapies at blake and anyone else who wants to start something

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
The Peanut
Club Player

Re: The Age on M Gardiner's fitness...

saintsRrising wrote:I was just reading the Sports Section today, Monday, and spied: p7

"St Kilda is expecting Michael Gardiner to play against Geelong despite missing the Bulldogs witha calf complaint. The Saints described the late withdrawal as "precautionary". "

MG was 'officially' a late withdrawal (even though SS reported this much earlier) but my understanding of RL's post-match press conference is that MG may be considered but not at the expense of gambling on further injury.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Two weeks.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:I was just reading the Sports Section today, Monday, and spied: p7

MG was 'officially' a late withdrawal (even though SS reported this much earlier) but my understanding of RL's post-match press conference is that MG may be considered but not at the expense of gambling on further injury.
Yes I noted RL's post game comments too...but as I assume this report was 2 days later (????) I am hoping that it means that Gardiner has improved....or at least that the flare up ofa niggle that they were being precautionary about has not occured.

The Peanut
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
The Peanut wrote:

Yes I noted RL's post game comments too...but as I assume this report was 2 days later (????) I am hoping that it means that Gardiner has improved....or at least that the flare up ofa niggle that they were being precautionary about has not occured.
Yeah - calf soreness from last Wednesdays training gives him a full week and a half.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Important to deal with calf problems asap otherwise they can turn into a cow of a problem.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Important to deal with calf problems asap otherwise they can turn into a cow of a problem.
No bull???

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Veally? That sounds like udder rubbish...can we please moove on?

iceman
Club Player

Geez theres some clowns on here (but they sometimes make me laugh) :D

Re Gradiner, Wouldn't suprise me at all if Gardiner was just a rest, played about 5-6 games straight now, not a bad effort from where he's come from. King and Gardiner, if they play will win the tap all day, it's up to the midfield to actually get their hands on the footy and spread at the right time, so for a change, Riewoldt won't have 9 blokes on him againts Geelong for a change. I'm glad it's at the Dome and not SS.