Club song

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bungiton
SS Life Member

Club song

Lets get together for a rousing rendition of the club song shall we???

Altogether now,

OHHHHHHHH WE'RE FROM TIGERLAND.....................

I can not understand the need to race on to this forum after a loss and bag all and sundry.
For mine the loss last week is not going to show the strength of our side,, how we react to that loss this week will show exactly what we are all about this year.

So far this year we've played poor footy and won on both occasions, last week we started like the premiership favourites many tipped us to be. The dogs were belted unmercifully in the first quarter, we got the jump on them and played the footy the way we wanted to play it.

The dogs showed their mettle by how they responded and took the game away from us, dramatically so. They adapted and played us differently and we were unable to overcome the shift in tactics.

Reading on here about our midfield and forward setup apparently we are wooden spoon material. That first quarter was set up by our midfield and forwards. Our back fifty has been the strength this year, after the shift our defenders were simply overwhelmed by the flood coming from the dogs midfielders and backline. West was one of the offenders, to classify him as fast is ridiculous.

Geelong are tipped to be premiers again this year, surely those applying the blow torch to their own must be livid at the disply put on by the cats over celler dwellars Melbourne?

If this week we play as badly as we did for the last three quarters against the dogs, we will see exactly how far we are away from contending for september action. The true test of character is not how you lose it's how you respond to it. The press is quite quick to stop licking our arses and start applying literal doses of kicking but hey they need to sell newspapers.

Reiwoldt has been down for the first three games this year, Dal really hasn't shown a lot Kosi has had flickers but they're far from alone so far. Grams running and bombing into forward fifty really has been a tad silly at times. Monty has had a couple of good games, Harvs is past it, then he isn't then he is again?

So far this year we have not hit anywhere near our straps except for one quarter of footy. But what a quarter, the dogs now suddenly the biggest threat to the cats, (simply becuase they beat us??) had no answer anywhere on the ground to the attacking footy we are capable of. lucky for them we only managed to apply it for a quarter.

You can take all the negatives you like out of that game, there were plenty, but one positive stands out like a sore thumb, when we finally get it together and come out to play, watch out.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

It seems like every man and his dog knows exactly what went wrong, and that we need to drop 4 players, sack 5 coaches, and promote all 7 rookies.

It's a fine line between success and failure at this level, and whilst I think that perhaps Ross was a bit too stubborn in sticking to his original plan, overall it wasn't a horrible defeat. Of course you don't win all the games you are expected to, otherwise i'd be a millionaire by betting on us every week when we're favourites.

One thing that can be expected every loss without fail is an emotional, knee jerk reaction from most of the supporters. It's extremely heartbreaking to see the saints lose, especially after having such a lead in the second quarter. In fact, the only thing more annoying that the people who complain about the loss, is people who complain about the people who complain about the loss.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

good post - sky hasn't fallen yet. There's a lot to be learned from the first quarters against the swans and the dogs.

Glad I ticked the "velcro membership card option" though. Twas more than a little frustrating on Friday night.

Oh and

YELLOW AND BLACK

:wink:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

At least none of our players had 3 kicks and 22 handpasses :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:At least none of our players had 3 kicks and 22 handpasses :roll:
KB will be rolling in his grave right now. :D

esaint66
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:
saint66au wrote:At least none of our players had 3 kicks and 22 handpasses :roll:
KB will be rolling in his grave right now. :D

He isnt even dead :shock: