Changes for Next Week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

big_mac_evoy5
Club Player

you can't shake up the team too much doesn't sit well with the rest of the team. now i would do three cahnages

fiora raph clarke and geary

m.gardiner, goose, armitage

just need a second ruck. goose we will need the extra tall againt geelong and his experience. and armitage just to give game time like geary both are good enough to play but they will only get better by play so i say play him

saints for the flag armitage for rising start
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

big_mac_evoy5 wrote:you can't shake up the team too much doesn't sit well with the rest of the team. now i would do three cahnages

fiora raph clarke and geary

m.gardiner, goose, armitage

just need a second ruck. goose we will need the extra tall againt geelong and his experience. and armitage just to give game time like geary both are good enough to play but they will only get better by play so i say play him
If we get any taller and slower we may stop on the spot and never move again. 3 runners dropped for 2 slow talls and a slow mid. Will not happen and in any case I think Goose is still a fair way off.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:
meher baba wrote:Yes, of course, everything that went wrong tonight was primarily the responsibility of Raph (who played his guts out, and did heaps of good things: but I must have been watching a different game). Not to mention Fiora.

Just drop them and bring in some proven star quality players like Jones, Armo or even Dempster. That'll fix it for sure. It's all we were lacking.

Never mind about the crap coaching from RL and his team.

Let's not worry about the former star players like Dal, Gehrig, Kosi, Riewoldt, Harves and X who don't seem to be able to contribute under the current game plan. Let's not be bothered about our one time champion midfield which just doesn't seem to be able to put it together for three consecutive quarters, let alone four.

Just blame it all on Raph. It's all his fault. Just sack him from the club and we'll get 3 premierships in a row. Sack Fiora and we'll snare 5.

Simple, isn't it. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Our midfield hasn't been champion since 04, and even then, it was our forward line winning us games.

We're an attacking team playing a defensive game.
You're right about our midfield, we have not progressed from trying to mimic the Lions set up...

It is time for some changes this week:

OUT: Gehrig, Geary, Fiora and L. Fisher

IN: M. Gardiner, C. Gardiner, Armitage and Jones

If Dempster had more game time under his belt he would be in for Gilbert.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Well lets face it we are only going to make 2 changes at the most. How many people wanted 3 4 or even 5 changes after round 2. I'd say no one so after one loss you do not make may changes you have you give the guys who won the first 2 games another chance.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Drop Dal, Kosi, Roo, Harvey, Joey, X, Fiora, L Fisher, Raph, Geary, Blake, Milne, Fraser, Schnieder and Gilbert

:roll: :roll:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Geeze lots of panic in this thread..

Bring in Goose???? He is still underdone.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Geeze lots of panic in this thread..

Bring in Goose???? He is still underdone.
The panic was on the field last night sRs when the Dogs came at us and at us and we rolled over, we're just following suit. The Dogs are not a hard side, we're a pseudo hard side and Geelong are the real deal.

Time to get some hard players in the side. We may as well make changes while we have players waiting in the wings, no point in saying what great pressure it is on the players to have so many competing for spots if we continue to accept mediocrity without consequence.

(Oh, btw, I'm still super pi#s@d off so perhaps I should have waited until Monday but I have too much to vent! :wink: )

Richter
SS Life Member

We were beaten in the middle. In particular we looked slow, but most importantly SOFT. With this in mind........

IN:

M Gardiner (need his toughness) - need two rucks, particularly vs Geelong

CJ - I'm not his biggest fan, but he's quick, can lay a tackle (Joey Montagna take note) and gets some of the ball (cf Leigh Fisher who doesn't get any). Of course the problem is what does he do with it when he gets it, but after last night's insipid effort that is a secondary concern

OR

Armitage - time to blood the kid. Has shown some things already - tough, reasonable pace, and raking left foot kick

OUT:

Leigh Fisher - does not give anything in offence, does not get his own ball - waste of space last night

Raph - the main deficiencies in the team last night were as a midfield unit, but that can't disguise the fact that all too enough Raph panicked (Max and Fiora in particular also had their moments too mind). We keep on hearing how he's a natural - well stone me he doesn't look it. Some utterly shocking decision making - not often that you look on and think that you yourself could have done a better job than one of the players but i felt that on a number of occasions with Raph last night. He did not cost us the game but simply put he's a liability. James Gwilt might be better groomed as a third tall down back

In a few weeks to consider.....

IN: Baker, Maguire, Dempster

OUT: Gilbert, Geary, Blake

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
stevos2151
Club Player

Out: Ross Lyon
In: Grant Thomas
:lol:

AlpineStars
Club Player

redwhite&blackblood wrote:Ok it is a fair bet after seeing the insipid effort for the last 3 quarters tonight that we will lose to Girlong.

So with that in mind:
Outs: Blake (otherwise known as Wilson ie. your useless Wilson), Fiona (can't believe he is Not Butter), Raph (Can't make a decision on disposal), Gehrig (Will get toweled up by Scarlett so leave him out).

Ins: Armitage ( need Experience and might as well get it against the best Midfield), Jones (we are missing his determination and quickness), C.Gardiner (good foil for Roo), M.Gardiner (if fit just to give Kingy a chop out).

Wouldn't be against leaving Dal out just to send him a message that he actually has to look like he is trying to get the bal

Spot on. How many hospital handballs does Raph give each week? I would also like to know if anyone has Stats on the first 3 games this year Free kicks for and against inside the 50m?

Wake me up when September ends.