starting my collection

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sackers5
Club Player

starting my collection

the three blind men and the elephant: Three blind men are asked to benefits far outweigh its caffeine content. Distilled water is the greatest solvent on earth, the only
It is looking like my store gets 16 or so Here is the thing, I feel, being American, we get shafted a lot when it comes to special WoTC rewards APAC, Euro, MPS, etc have all come out and have been h
Thanks for the panel's excellent match report. Knobhead. bertie im sure you need to see a shrink or something!!! it isnt healthy to argue with yourself! or call yourself by your other characters n
sir u guys give big drops to noob chars of 100 lvl.. this makes a place in our mind that u guys making some unfair deals.. so a request that u should give big drops to know players and not noob of 1
Last edited by sackers5 on Tue 07 Sep 2010 11:30pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Re: Possible late withdrawal tonight

sackers5 wrote:Heard through the great vine that M.Gardiner is a possible late withdrawal tonight with C.Jones as his replacement
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
GrumpyOne

I thought you were talking about what goes on in the darkened carpark after the game. :wink:

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

sackers5 wrote:Heard through the great vine that M.Gardiner is a possible late withdrawal tonight with C.Jones as his replacement
And where is this so called "Great Vine".....

It doesn't happen to be a "Grape Vine" does it???

Out Mildura way perhaps???

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

blake can pinch hit in the ruck if that is the case.

a mistake if kosi is again asked to fill a hole in the ruck, leaving our forward line without a good contested marking target.

height in the forwardline is one area in which we have it all over the bulldogs and if kosi goes into the ruck it will just bring us back to the field.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Has also been reported on another thread, so may be something in it. :shock:

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Yeah someone just texted me that ... either a rumour doing the rounds or it's going to happen :(

sackers5
Club Player

The Saintsational Man wrote:

A good mate that has a very close connection to the club, as I have said before I am just informing you guys what he told me - take it or leave it - it's up to you.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Yeah someone just texted me that ... either a rumour doing the rounds or it's going to happen :(
please raphael before CJ...

raphael does make a few mistakes but at least 3/4 his 12 disposals hit st kilda targets....

SHUT UP KRIME!
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

sackers5 wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:

A good mate that has a very close connection to the club, as I have said before I am just informing you guys what he told me - take it or leave it - it's up to you.
Im only taking the piss buddy.....

Just havin a little saintsational fun..... :wink:

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

if this poster is who i think he is, then yes... his source is genuine.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Grant Denhim said on SEN this morning there was doubt on X anyone hear this?

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Havent heard that except for on SEN mate

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Grant Denhim said on SEN this morning there was doubt on X anyone hear this?
well SEN is a bit random on facts.

SHUT UP KRIME!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

agree with nick...99.999% confident rumour is now fact

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
S.A Saint
Club Player

if this is true, iwould rather have C. gardiner in the team instead of jones. As this would allowed to have kosi in the ruck so he can find sum form with roo and g near goal and gardiner leading up.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i would be with u on this

i would rather Gardiner in insted of jones, as he can kick & be a player up forward while kosi goes to ruck

esaint66
SS Life Member

I would personally rather have gardiner in the team for his pin point deliverance and him being able to kick goals as well.

But cj has pace and ive come to gather that c.gardiner plays the exact same time of game as BJ goddard and he is making his return this week, so IMO its a question of whether you would rather have BJ Or C.Gardiner. :wink:

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I don't think I can handle a late withdrawl for MG, he has been too promising to break down now :( :(

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
ace
Saintsational Legend

CJ did not play for the Scorpions after half time just like BJ.
The logical explanation for BJ was that St Kilda wanted him to play for the Scorpions but because of the Sunday-Friday recovery time for tonights match did not want him to play a full match.
CJ was probably taken off for the same reason - possibly or expected to play on Friday.
CJ would be a more logical replacement for X than M Gardiner unless they want to change team balance.
Lets hope no change necessary.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:But cj has pace and ive come to gather that c.gardiner plays the exact same time of game as BJ goddard and he is making his return this week, so IMO its a question of whether you would rather have BJ Or C.Gardiner. :wink:
Charlie Gardiner is a workhorse who runs and runs all day to provide an option at half forward. His skills are very limited but he is in the AFL because of his workrate...Goddard plays as a loose go-to man in defence so he he use his brilliant kicking to best advantage.

How is that similar?

|Andy|
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:
saint edward wrote:But cj has pace and ive come to gather that c.gardiner plays the exact same time of game as BJ goddard and he is making his return this week, so IMO its a question of whether you would rather have BJ Or C.Gardiner. :wink:
Charlie Gardiner is a workhorse who runs and runs all day to provide an option at half forward. His skills are very limited but he is in the AFL because of his workrate...Goddard plays as a loose go-to man in defence so he he use his brilliant kicking to best advantage.

How is that similar?[/quote
he said time of game, not type of game.

though it's not clear, he doesnt say they play the same as each other.

esaint66
SS Life Member

mad saint guy wrote:

How is that similar?

True in theory, but from expierience watching geelong reserves last year and his career in the seniors before that i have seemed to notice they are similar.

I would need to see them play in the same team a couple of times to make a final judgement.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:

How is that similar?
I think he was speaking more of a utility sense that they both roam at their own leisure, which if it is the case you could chuck Blake in that category...

I would like to see Goddard, Gram and S.Fisher spend time rotating through the backline, the midfield and the bench, all three and run, use the ball well and kick a good goal, it will provide us with extra depth and we wont run the risk of having a crowded backline...

The way I see it with out team balance is that we could chuck another one or maybe two defenders in (Goose and Raph) but to do this we would have to drop our weakest link in the midfield and at the moment I would say that is Fiora...

Before the seasons end I expect to see (from last week's team)
In: Maguire, Goddard, Baker
Out: Blake, Fiora, L.Fisher

Baker is a direct improvement on Fisher (good to know we still have the back up though), Goddard is a direct improvement on Blake and having Maguire in the team will free us to have one of Gram, S.Fisher or Goddard in the midfield which IMO is an improvement on Fiora...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:

How is that similar?

True in theory, but from expierience watching geelong reserves last year and his career in the seniors before that i have seemed to notice they are similar.

I would need to see them play in the same team a couple of times to make a final judgement.
How often did you watch the Geelong Seconds? As far as I'm concerned Charlie has never played similar to Goddard.

Charlie, in Geelong seniors played as a half forward/tall forward pocket. In the reserves he's played mainly as a centre half forward.

Goddard however has always really been a loose or medium defender while having stints in the midfield.

Apart from their height I see no real similarity between the two of them.