A Quick Note To The Cheer Squad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

A Quick Note To The Cheer Squad

Before anyone get's angry, this is NOT another cheer squad bashing thread. I think the guys in there do a fantastic job.

It's just a quick idea that can directly help the guys on the field.

When an opponent kicks a point into the opposition cheer squad, Dal/Joey/Grammy/Whoever rushes over and picks up a ball out of the box, and is quick to get the game moving again.

However, the clowns in the opposition cheer squad have thrown the old ball onto the ground, which will cause the umpire to stop play, get the second ball off, and the kick out needs to be brought back and taken again.

It gives the opponents time to man-up/zone off etc, and it's a lot harder to hit a target beyond a 15m pass to the pocket.

When the ball goes into the Saints cheer squad, we should be chucking it back as far as we can, holding up play, allowing the Saints players to set up properly.

It's just a suggestion, and apologies if it happens already. It has just seemed like the Swans and the Blues have had a real advantage over the last 2 weeks.

Sam23
SS Life Member

was thinking the same thing while i watched last week.

throw the ball on the ground ffs.

Goddard.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

When Peter Schwab was coaching Hawthorn, he specifically told their CS to throw the ball as far away as possible for oppo kick ins....but to get it back ASAP for Hawks ones. ..this iwas in the days before the bag of balls of course

Tigers CS do it too..I saw Nathan Carroll totally crack it at one of their members once for doing it lol..he complained to security and said CS member was chucked out!

Great idea...just maybe space out how often you do it so not as to alert the security guy sitting there :P

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
esaint66
SS Life Member

I think it's an awesome idea.

I remember when this first started happening and it was really aggravating.

I remember Carroll chucking his hissy fit the guy ahd the ball and wouldn't give it back to him then chcuked it at the back of his head - bloddy terrific :lol: :wink:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

very, very good idea.

The CS members may sometimes "miss throw" the ball and it goes "unintentionally" in the wrong direction.

Hopefully they can grapple with this concept.

Come on Dools, speak to the heavies in the CS and make sure you get the word around.

I reckon if the CS did manage this feat we would all happily stop bagging them about chanting etc!!!

Cheers!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: I reckon if the CS did manage this feat we would all happily stop bagging them about chanting etc!!!
Cheers!
Dam right!! :D

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Batnoe

We might have a maverick amongst them!!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
saintspremiers wrote: I reckon if the CS did manage this feat we would all happily stop bagging them about chanting etc!!!
Cheers!
Dam right!! :D
Lets not go too far Saintspremiers.....

Sam23
SS Life Member

While were on the subject of the CS

WTF is with that chant...."Go Go Go Woooo"

:wink: :lol:

Goddard.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

It's critical.

I once remember Chris Johnson going ballistic at me for holding onto the ball during the dying minutes of our match with them in 2003, but I pretended to make out I couldn't see him. I eventually threw the ball to him lollipop style, giving our team a chance to man up.

We won - Luke Power's shot on goal was a second too late.

It's the one and only time I can say I've helped us win.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Batnoe

That is what must have happened in the FREO game in Tassie, if i found out what Freo bastard held onto the ball and didnt give it back in time for us to win i will smash him

esaint66
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:That is what must have happened in the FREO game in Tassie, if i found out what Freo bastard held onto the ball and didnt give it back in time for us to win i will smash him

I think the umpires call time on so its not a matter of wasting time as such its more of letting our boys man up.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

will keep that in mind. what i usually do then the other team is kicking in and i mark the ball is place it on the ground next to the fence so he can come get it. ive made some bad errors in the past by giving the ball back and they kick it long to a free man!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."