Wayne Carey's dad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne

meher baba wrote: It was pretty clear to me that Kelli Stevens was going through one of life's low periods at the time and Carey preyed upon this. He must have realised what the consequences were going to be if he got caught. Obviously he didn't care: his own pleasure and ego fulfilment were more important to him than his club, his team, his mates, his reputation. And don't tell me he couldn't control himself: ha!! I and most other men I know have received advances from women in circumstances where we know that succumbing would only cause massive hurt and trouble to the participants and other innocent parties down the track. While I can't say that I have the greatest self-discipline in the world, at least I have enough to say no in these situations.

And then the man has the hide to say that "there were two parties involved".

Scumbag....
As usual, the voice of common sense from Meher.

And this is just one incident in Carey's life!

Hedonism at its most rampant.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Kelli Stevens is no innocent party in this.

I have little sympathy for Carey, and have been one of his most vocal critics for the past decade or so.

he made his choices wrt kelli stevens and for that he has been condemned and fairly so.

but kelli stevens is hardly an angel, and most of his mates knew too.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
GrumpyOne

aussierules0k wrote:Great work evertonfc.

Carey was a brilliant footballer, who we all loved to hate.
No-one can take that away from him. School principle Denton on the other hand, lost a ton of respect I had for him..

The guy was a legend and always will be.

If I met him today I'd love to shake his hand.

So AOK, we worship the publicity seeking footballer who could only play football, and we mock the weedy little guy in glasses who has the temerity to question him?

Society is f***ed if that is our judgement standard.

And if you spent as much time outside the school principal's office as I did, you'd know how to spell it.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

No-one can take that away from him. School principle Denton on the other hand, lost a ton of respect I had for him..

So AOK, we worship the publicity seeking footballer who could only play football, and we mock the weedy little guy in glasses who has the temerity to question him?

Society is f***ed if that is our judgement standard.

And if you spent as much time outside the school principal's office as I did, you'd know how to spell it.
If I met carey today, I'd ignore him.

he's filth.

for reasons I can't mention in the forum, and don't bother PSTing me either.

and this date backs to North's premiership era.

If carey were to die tomorrow, I woudn't shed a tear.

think about north melbourne in the 90s, the club made a declared but confidential large ex gratia payment to an individual for not going to the police.

advise at the suggested this was followed up with advise from friends of the club and carey at the time to not pursue the issue.

carey at the time was linked to the morans.

now these are seperate and factual statements that should not be read in conjunction with each as they are all seperate paragraphs.
:roll:
Last edited by Dan Warna on Wed 02 Apr 2008 10:44am, edited 1 time in total.

SHUT UP KRIME!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:19am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
yipper
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:
yipper wrote:Mate, I am a social worker!! Been doing this stuff for 20 years - and kids have changed. Some social workers need to be shot!!
I reckon you're harsh mate. My sister and mother (part-time) are both social workers and by and large, they say it's a bloody tough gig, most people try their best, give good advice and generally try to sort the stuff out.

There's a few dodgys in every industry, I guess.
Agree - bad social workers very much in the minority. Many, many fine and dedicated workers in this quite thankless business - however, the few bad eggs are very bad and counter productive. I'm in the housing / homeless side of things - but deal with many young homeless youth who have been getting bad advice as well as bad parenting at times. So good onya your mum and sister for getting in there and doing some good.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
GrumpyOne

aussierules0k wrote:The Saintsational Lynch Mob.... coming soon to a forum near you (after more some gutter journalism). The main actors are meaningless unknowns posting behind the safety of a nic. There's no way to determine what these people have or haven't done in life.
An easy insult to hurl on an internet forum. May I remind you that you fit into that category too.

Just for the record, there is nothing I say on here that I would not say to anyone's face, including the immortal Wayne Carey.

If you would like your children growing up emulating this turd, good on you. Wayne's dad probably said the same thing about some other turd back when Wayne was a kid.

Personally, if I had to choose between the two, I would prefer Andrew Denton as a role model. But there are far better role models in the world, as I am sure Andrew would admit to. Suspect that Wayne wouldn't some how.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:This seems to have been turned into the official thread to discuss the Wayne Carey interview, even if it is off-topic to the original thread. So I'll post my views here to avoid confrontations with some zealous moderator.
Here I was thinking I'd been the most passive mod of all lately...

:oops:

(And FWIW, the thread was about WC's dad, so I think that it's evolved into this isn't too much of a stretch...fair?)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Lennon
Club Player

Re: Wayne Carey's dad

Jesus.

Wayne never had a chance!

Lennon
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
Quite frankly...I'm over the whole role model thing, too. I think it's a weak argument coughed up by those who think brain-dead kids won't be able to seperate right from wrong.

I've grown up with Leigh Matthews assualting Nev Bruns, Darren Millane killing himself, Justin Charles doing steroids, Wayne Carey shagging his mate's missus, Alan Didak mixing with criminals...and not ONCE did I ever think any of the above things were the right thing to do. Not only that, but the way the media pounces on the action, how could anyone think it was ok?

People won't cheat or bash their wives because Carey did it. If anything, the negative publicity of such issues makes it less likely that people will do it.
Yep.

krabb
Club Player

meher baba wrote:
It was pretty clear to me that Kelli Stevens was going through one of life's low periods at the time and Carey preyed upon this.
Lol! Oh yeah she was a little angel...poor Kelli...LOL!

Her husband has to look at her everyday and wonder....i bet he wonders.

Who did Carey murder?

The press frenzy with this is amazing...and Derryn Hinch you are a scumbag of the highest order.

Carey was a champion football player...he's got to be in anyone's top 10 of alltime greats...he carried North for years.

The most telling part of the interview for me was when Carey said...

I gave my Dad tickets to my 3 grand finals...he never came to one and ended up selling the tickets.

Thats mental abuse of the highest order...its very clear he comes from an abusive background...but i didnt hear him once use that as an excuse.

His private life is nobody's business.

Denyer got a fairer deal in the press than Carey...and he killed people.

Everyone hates Carey allright....but i still bet that show rated its socks off....everyone loves to peep inside at everyone else's mess....of course we're all so friggin perfect...right?

Agree with AOK 100%.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

krabb wrote:His private life is nobody's business.

Denyer got a fairer deal in the press than Carey...and he killed people.

Everyone hates Carey allright....but i still bet that show rated its socks off....everyone loves to peep inside at everyone else's mess....of course we're all so friggin perfect...right?

Agree with AOK 100%.
Well said.

We're celebrity obssessed and I find it repulsive how the public just is desperate to trawl through the private lives of public figures.

If they want to volunteer that information and have a story worth telling, I'm interested to hear it, but if they don't volunteer that info, it's private and should stay that way.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

interestingly carey was found to have lied about his relationship with moran.

he EITHER lied to denton or committed purjery in court...

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

all social workers need to be shot...well nearly all

i just dont get it...we are all human...we all have access to objects or people that can land us in trouble...we take...we desire...we stuff up...we make the right call...

carey is one of these people...like you and i (although im beginning to believe that some posters here have not lived life)

people cheat on lovers all the time...fact...people get involved with drugs use...fact...it happens...part of life

everyone has a story and unfortunately for carey his life is now being played out in the media for all to comment...everyone has issues and stories to tell...its just that some are not prominent to do so...

it would be interesting to see the occupations of some people on this forum that regard themselves as the modern prototype of a mistake-free-human...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:18am, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:
krabb wrote:
The most telling part of the interview for me was when Carey said...

I gave my Dad tickets to my 3 grand finals...he never came to one and ended up selling the tickets.

Thats mental abuse of the highest order...its very clear he comes from an abusive background...but i didnt hear him once use that as an excuse.
Agree with krabb 100%.

NEVER allowed to bring any kids home to play. The bloke was dynamite waiting to go off.

As for him losing the gig on 9 and AW... fools. Carey is bigger than their shitty shows. He'll be back. They'll be begging him... give it 9 months.
if anyone takes carey, a proven liar, at face value more fool them.

dog on the field and dog off the field.

I'd take stewart loewe, nick reiwoldt over carey 100 times out of a 100.

and I'd listen to what buckets had to say 100 times over anything a scumbag like carey had to say.

North Melbourne money and threats kept him out of gaol 10 years ago, don't think he'll be so lucky this time.

SHUT UP KRIME!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

No-one can take that away from him. School principle Denton on the other hand, lost a ton of respect I had for him. Footballers and wives have been swapping since footy began. Footballers out of control is nothing new. The microscopic focus by the media... (all for the good of the public of course and nothing to do with papers sales and media advertising) is new.
Chewing gum for the mind designed to keep the masses talking crap.

Wayne's private life? Well unless I live next door and have to put up with the parties... then why should I care?

Some people would be happy if Carey necked himself.
I hope he sorts everything out and enjoys a long and happy life.

We're not talking about OJ Simpson here.

Back on topic... The story with his dad just proves the depths this media will go for a story. Filthy low act.

...that's your take on carey....

...here's another ...from today.s age.......which i think sums up carey more accurately......

"
Wayne Carey is not the first, nor will he be the last, footballer to disgrace himself. There have been many before and will be many to come. These blokes are not rough diamonds, loveable rogues or cheeky larrikins. They are creeps, low-lifes, maggots and thugs. They propel regular good blokes of footy like Michael Long, Robert Harvey, Brad Johnson, Nathan Buckley, David Neitz, Chris Judd and James Bartel into the stratosphere of gods simply for being a good house in a bad street. "

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:20am, edited 1 time in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

He's certainly 'fair-game' now, because he's the one putting all this out there.

If the man genuinely wants to undo the mess he has made (and is) then I wish him well. As Denton said, I don't feel sorry for him for what he's done, but for what he has to do....

His obvious physical inability to tell the truth on several occasions during the interview, and the fact that it was so blatant show what a damaged person he is and how far he has to go, but I also think it was a pretty big step for him. It was like watching someone trying to eat a very large shyte sandwich, and occasionally being unable to keep going. The man seems to be someone who needs plenty of therapy to deal with all his denial, and the magnitude of the internal damage he carries (as well as the external damage he has wreaked), and he alluded to having begun this.

Only the truly Evil don't deserve a shot at redemption, if it's all a cynical ploy he'll be found out.

...On a side note, his brother Dick looks like a man not to f****d with eh?!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:So what would be best. Wayne to commit suicide.... would that make everyone happy?

The venom that's displayed here is amazing. Just a footballer - didn't harm any of us or our children. Why the venom?

no venom from me....i enjoyed watching him play football..except when he tore us apart....one of the best three i have ever seen.......but i am not blind to his faults.....i also agree with krabbs comments...and most of yours......but....would i shake his hand....???..probably not ....but then i would never put myself in the situation where i would have to make that decision....

...for the record , i refused to shake roger rogerson's had as well....just turned and walked away....

...he certainly was blessed with god given talents......and cursed with s*** parents......me...i would opt for mine....and limited footy talents....

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Geez! Some strong opinions here!

My take? I watched the Denton interview and cringed a little as I did so. I thought Denton was outstanding as an interviwer (and he's the best in Australia IMO) in that he was able to draw some stuff out of Carey that Carey was clearly unconfortable divulging. Thats the interviwer's job, and Denton did it very well.

Carey himself I thought of as a sad story all around. Once a great on high, through a combination of very poor judgement, little thought and downright moral cowardice he managed to drop off the pedestal to the depths very quickly. I have a teenage son; he watched the interview with me, and we discussed our impressions as we watched. He thought Carey was a tool; it's hard to argue with that, and I mentioned the role model expectations of players to him. He said Carey wasn't his idea of a role model, and he said that unprompted by me. I must say I was glad to hear it.

I agree with the posters who have said celebrityism has gone mad; I don't personally care whether Carey and Kelli Stevens cheated or not, and I don't want to hear about it ad nauseam either. There were two people involved, and both bear the responsibility for the consequences.

I wish Carey well in his attempts to get back on track; he's done me no personal harm. I hope he succeeds, and goes on to live a happy healthy life. But I'd rather he also disappeared into obscurity as he does so.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:He's certainly 'fair-game' now, because he's the one putting all this out there.

If the man genuinely wants to undo the mess he has made (and is) then I wish him well. As Denton said, I don't feel sorry for him for what he's done, but for what he has to do....

His obvious physical inability to tell the truth on several occasions during the interview, and the fact that it was so blatant show what a damaged person he is and how far he has to go, but I also think it was a pretty big step for him. It was like watching someone trying to eat a very large shyte sandwich, and occasionally being unable to keep going. The man seems to be someone who needs plenty of therapy to deal with all his denial, and the magnitude of the internal damage he carries (as well as the external damage he has wreaked), and he alluded to having begun this.

Only the truly Evil don't deserve a shot at redemption, if it's all a cynical ploy he'll be found out.

...On a side note, his brother Dick looks like a man not to f****d with eh?!

...i for the life of me can't work out why he did the magazine article......or the denton show....poorly advised i would think.......unlike benny.....who had his interviews scripted.....both trying to redeem themselves in the public eye.....