?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

?

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:18am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
quidnunc
Club Player

Unfortunately the AFL Tribunal will ALWAYS be perceived to be as weak as Fev on a window until they open the hearings up to the public and thereby put their decision making up there for public scrutiny.

How Goodes got off his second last charge beggars belief! So the latest charge doesn't surprise me at all.

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

It Bakes and Sheldons fault hes suspended, the only evidence was bakers mouth.

Time to move on Matey!

Get over it :D

Before Im 85
Captain Impossible
Club Player

When is he due back? Is it next week?

Sainter_Boy
Club Player

Round 6 Bakes is due back

Persuader
Club Player

I appreciate the move on, get over it comments.
The right thing to do.
But I can't seem to manage it - with aussierulesok on this one, still as angry as hell.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Persuader wrote:I appreciate the move on, get over it comments.
The right thing to do.
But I can't seem to manage it - with aussierulesok on this one, still as angry as hell.
I am too like most supporters.

Lets hope it gives a little more motivation for Bakes when hes back

Before Im 85
Ice Wolf
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:
The right thing to do.

So long as he isn't motivated to do something that is a certainty to get a suspension from to Farmer the next time they play.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:
saintsrus wrote:
The right thing to do.

So long as he isn't motivated to do something that is a certainty to get a suspension from to Farmer the next time they play.
i dont think so Farmer actually tryed fairly hard to get bakes cleared so i dont think there is any bad blood there .
also from the OP it was the AFL tribunal who gave bakes the penalty not Dimwit so maybe its time to move away from this "dimwit has it in for us Bullsh*t" the facts are quiet simple we stuffed up that case baker should of just kept his mouth shut and sheldon should of told him that as well as the so called legal representitive for these procedings it was as much St kildas fault as it was the Try-bunal Dimwit had nothing to do with it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I'm with you AOK, never forget!!
How Barry Hall and Adam Goodes can get off for all the crap they've done, how Judd can get off for an eye gauge, how Hartlett can only get 2 weeks for taking off Howat's head shows just how F*CKED the tribuneral is!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
spert
Saintsational Legend

I'm getting a bit tired of Bakes and his dumb play..it effects the team, and when he gets rubbed out, we lose an experienced tagging player. I thought he was hard done by a few of years back when an Essendon ruckman was deliberatly standing on Bakes foot when he was on the ground, and Bakes reacted and got rubbed out. Since then though, I think Bakes has mostly caused his own demise and I'm happy for someone else to take over his role in the team.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I'm getting a bit tired of Bakes and his dumb play..it effects the team, and when he gets rubbed out, we lose an experienced tagging player. I thought he was hard done by a few of years back when an Essendon ruckman was deliberatly standing on Bakes foot when he was on the ground, and Bakes reacted and got rubbed out. Since then though, I think Bakes has mostly caused his own demise and I'm happy for someone else to take over his role in the team.
Baker has had a series of shocking decisions against him

The Alesio "foot crush retaliation"

The Stafford "attempted strike", when all he did was grab Staffords jumper after he knocked out goddard (?) - he never threw a punch yet he gets two weeks for attempted striking all while daniel kerr who clearly smacks sam mitchell in the nuts gets let off for one week

The Farmer "oh but he had a blood nose" 7 weeks is the worst of them

Along with others, that i cant remember

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

i too wont forgot this incident. Nasty situation. Bakes has a while still to think about getting set for r6. i think Bakes can get a bit rough and tough although he is treated unfairly. Most times he is one of a few who will fly the flag for the saints and help some teammates out.

Go saints in '09!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:
saintsrus wrote:
The right thing to do.

i dont think so Farmer actually tryed fairly hard to get bakes cleared so i dont think there is any bad blood there .
also from the OP it was the AFL tribunal who gave bakes the penalty not Dimwit so maybe its time to move away from this "dimwit has it in for us Bullsh*t" the facts are quiet simple we stuffed up that case baker should of just kept his mouth shut and sheldon should of told him that as well as the so called legal representitive for these procedings it was as much St kildas fault as it was the Try-bunal Dimwit had nothing to do with it

yep....should get the bloke who continually gets the swan players off.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

apparently

1. farmer broke his own nose out of rage after watching his defenders play football

2. farmer tripped over and the ground did the damage

3. the video was inconclusive, its missing a frame between the punch and the blood spraying everywhere

4. Farmer suffers from height sickness and with TD being 4.5 metres above sea level farmer started feeling dizzy before passiing out.

5. thats not blood on farmers face that tribal tatoos from PNG

6. farmer's face exploded because the the universe ugly measure was thrown out of kilter when dan warna smiled :

7. knowing medhurst got out of fremantle and he didn't he constantly punches his own face.

8. melbournes mongo coaches are stlight less stupid than cuddles (lol) and slightly less annoying than mark harvey.

really so many legititimate defences to be used.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

What has come back to hurt Baker is his prior record.

Four matches for striking Kane Johnson is what can only be described as a massive brain fade.

One match for two separate incidents in last years game against the Blues. Both incidents were just plain silly. He should have been suspended for two matches but he took the risk with the carry over points.

I think we can all agree that the Greg Stafford incident was a joke.

It has been mentioned already that Baker's own evidence did him in. He admitted making illegal contact. Whoever advised him to testify should never be allowed to represent a St Kilda player at the tribunal again.

The Farmer incident would have only resulted in a two game penalty with a good record and early plea. But his poor record made it a seven game ban.

As big a fan of Baker as I am, he only has himself to blame. I really hope he has learned his lesson this time.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 9:17am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
BallBanger
Club Player

spert wrote:I'm getting a bit tired of Bakes and his dumb play..it effects the team, and when he gets rubbed out, we lose an experienced tagging player. I thought he was hard done by a few of years back when an Essendon ruckman was deliberatly standing on Bakes foot when he was on the ground, and Bakes reacted and got rubbed out. Since then though, I think Bakes has mostly caused his own demise and I'm happy for someone else to take over his role in the team.
I'm also Pssd off what did he dob himself in for..Blocking? well fk me..surely the players assocn that he would subsc too should have asked yyys on his behalf?

Spert, my memory has obviously failed me but other than a stupid act on the now infamous Tiger capt what has he done?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Fkn joke is that the AFL implore players to tell the truth at the tribunal and then when Baker does he gets a whopping great suspension :roll:

Fair Dinkum has Anderson and Demetriou have any integrity or characer left?

Complete incompetence by

a) the idiots who told Baker to say anything

b) the AFL imploring players to not lie then severly punish one with a case that was brought on by a lie (the lying idiot Freo trainer) and then there was no evidence of where the conact was or who initiated it (Farmer ran into Baker).

The AFL is corrupt and Demetriou and his monkey Anderson are con men and fraudsters.

Hopeless tools.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)