The X man

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

The X man

are we starting to see the star we all expected from X? He might not get it 30 times but his work in close was fantastic last night and lead to many goals. He also used the ball really well when he found space and finished well with 3 goals.

Is becoming the midfielder we have cried out for and I think the trading for schneider has allowed him to slip into the centre more this year.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
noddy

X was terrific last week as well :D

nicola69
Club Player

X has always been excellent imo. He is the equal to any in the side when it comes to the in-and-under and the hard tackling and chasing stuff. Because of this he has had a few injuries which have kept him out of the side. I remember that he was not selected for one of the finals in recent years (help me - if you know which one). Never understood the decision and never seen anything since that changed my mind.

X: one of our stars. Great value no 5 pick in the draft. May he play another 10 years for us.

we exist on a brane - thank f*** for StK
Sainterone
Club Player

...and Good Luck to X for his 100th game v the doggies :D

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

nicola69 wrote:X: one of our stars. Great value no 5 pick in the draft. May he play another 10 years for us.
he's really stepped up this year and is becoming the damaging star we always knew he could be

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

For all we often hear a lot of lipservice payed to how important a preseason is, I'd suggest that it's had a huge impact with X.

A healthy X got a run on the ball in preseason when the wins were less important, and he responded. In the past he's been able to win hard ball up forward, but excecuted poorly in his shooting. He's won cheap ball at half back, and struggled with his decisions.

Being thrown into the middle, he just reacts, and he reacts well. The impact both up forward and down back has been visible as he's not second guessing himself down back, or feeling the rpessure on his kicking up forward.

X is looking good.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Xavier could have been one of the missing links...
I will admit I doubted him, for that I apologise...
I was wrong about him...
I just hope he continues to make me look like more and more of an idiot each week :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!