St. Kilda Fan from Germany

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cristiano

St. Kilda Fan from Germany

Hi there, I'm new to this forum, so I'd like to give a little introduction of myself. I live in Germany and have been on vacation to Australia for the last month. In that context I've surely also visited a Footy game. Resident (half of my stay in Australia) in Elsternwick I opted for a match of the St. Kilda Saints (as to support the idea of 'support your locals'). So I went to the Telstra Dome and witnessed the first round victory against the Swans and was astonished by the athmosphere and the great pacey game itself. I usually am a soccer supporter (support Benfica of Portugal since I lived in Lisbon for a while) and was surprised by the higher amount of action an AFL-game can offer in comparison to most soccer-games (even the low-score-encounter I saw).
Now I'm back in Germany, but decided to follow the Saints from now on, which doesn't turn out to be too easy from over here, that's why I wanted to ask you lads whether it's somehow possible to see AFL-matches or at least highlights via online television?
That's it so far from here,
have a good one, lads ...
Oh when the Saints ...

Viva Benfica & Forza Saints!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

welcome
others will give more idea on Online viewing
bigpond is one answer

we have several international saints on here from USA to Switzerland and Vietnam
a pity you have gone home already- tomorrows game would be more exciting ( with fingers crossed) and higher scoring.

continue to check out http//www.saints.com.au and saintscentral.com.au for upto date St kilda information

or westofmoorabbin.com for news about the saints

this section of saintsational -http://www.saintsational.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7 will give lots of information

One question: How did you find saintsational= SS?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Huzzad
Club Player

Re: St. Kilda Fan from Germany

Cristiano wrote:Hi there, I'm new to this forum, so I'd like to give a little introduction of myself. I live in Germany and have been on vacation to Australia for the last month. In that context I've surely also visited a Footy game. Resident (half of my stay in Australia) in Elsternwick I opted for a match of the St. Kilda Saints (as to support the idea of 'support your locals'). So I went to the Telstra Dome and witnessed the first round victory against the Swans and was astonished by the athmosphere and the great pacey game itself. I usually am a soccer supporter (support Benfica of Portugal since I lived in Lisbon for a while) and was surprised by the higher amount of action an AFL-game can offer in comparison to most soccer-games (even the low-score-encounter I saw).
Now I'm back in Germany, but decided to follow the Saints from now on, which doesn't turn out to be too easy from over here, that's why I wanted to ask you lads whether it's somehow possible to see AFL-matches or at least highlights via online television?
That's it so far from here,
have a good one, lads ...
Oh when the Saints ...
Good choice mate! And welcome to the forum. The best way to see the matches is to go to the saints.com.au site and watch the highlights which are posted every week, not quite the same thing but its better than nothing. Some people like to put torrents (downloads) up of entire games which is handy for people like you. I also tape games for a friend of mine in South America, so perhaps you could find someone who could mail over games to you. Hope you stick around mate and CARN THE SAINTERS!

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Welcome Cristiano !!

Enjoy the ride that is The Saints. The road is and has been sometimes an autobahn and sometimes a Goat Track !!

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Welcome Cristiano!

Great to see another non-Porto supporting soccer fan on here... but even greater to see another converted AFL / Saints fan!

Where in Elsternwick were you staying?

karnak
Club Player

Hey Mate,

Welcome to the Saints. I would check out if you can get Setanta, and Setanta 2.

I live in London and will be watching the game live tomorrow at 8am. I can't wait. Anyway, check it out, a fairly cheap and enjoyable option of course.

Also look into interstate/foreign memberships, They're only 100 Aussie dollars and will really make you a part of the club!!!

and when you come back to Aus you'll be able to go to 5 games at telstra dome for free.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

wow, if the last game won you over, then the rest of the season should blow your mind!

anyways, welcome :D

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Welcome to the Sainters Mate
Gotta love this next bit - puts another tick in the box why AFL is so much greater to watch than Soccer
So I went to the Telstra Dome and witnessed the first round victory against the Swans and was astonished by the athmosphere and the great pacey game itself. I usually am a soccer supporter (support Benfica of Portugal since I lived in Lisbon for a while) and was surprised by the higher amount of action an AFL-game can offer in comparison to most soccer-games (even the low-score-encounter I saw).

Splayd
Club Player

Welcome aboard!!

I live in France and it can be really difficult to get the highlights without subscribing to Bigpond as an international subsciber.

This site - http://www.channelchooser.com/ - has a link to many Australian channels including Bigpond Sport. They replay the games in their entirety but it can be difficult to acertain when the Saints games will be on.

There are also a couple of others but all really point to the same thing.

There are also occaisionaly broadcasts through Sopcast and TVU of Channel 10 which broadcasts games.

If you can get Santana there they occaisionaly play games (in the US and UK anyway - not sure about Germany).

Torrents are also a possibilty but none are going up (but may in the near future). The sydney game though was not really worth it.

Gathering converts in Frogland..
Behind Play
Club Player

Good day Cristiano,
Welcome, you now have the the bug, I trust you can handle the pressure of being a Saints supporter.
Having to be in Europe during September, I have been very busy this week, trying to find out what I can do to watch the GF.
I have been told that Aussie Rules is shown on Eurosport 2, something i will look into next week. I also emailed the AFL yesterday, to their International Television Department, as soon as I get some reply I will pass on any information.
I sincerely hope you enjoy watching the Saints and that the ultimate will happen for you within a year, not the 40+ it has taken me - and still waiting.