Dal Santo on footy show this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

megs4#31
Club Player

it was pretty boring. just kept going on and on and on about stuff that wasn't really relevant.

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:The chances are that Dal will say absolutely nothing mildly interesting, while Crawf and Nathan Brown will sit there sniggering and making cracks about Sam for two hours.
Damn. Forgot the regular plug for Browny's new sponsor/pub/clothing line. Otherwise that is all that happened.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Players need to have personalities to work for TFS.

Nathan Brown is intelligent, but is sceptical and smug about his own team. For some reason, he opens up much more on radio.

NDS - probably just rather he stuck to footy. Matt Maguire is our TFS special.

Crawf - an absolute winner. Funny or not, he keeps having a dig, which is what we want to see from our AFL players. I love that he's got balls and loves to have a laugh. The same idiots who criticise him are usually the ones who next week blast the players for having no personality.

They need to narrow the rotation...

Nathan Thompson is a media star. An absolute gem and the nicest bloke. Honest, fortright and a great sense of humour. Has a terrific career in the media awaiting him.

Get Glen Manton back more. Funny, articulate and downright honest. Great viewing.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Nathan Thompson is a media star. An absolute gem and the nicest bloke. Has a terrific career in the media awaiting him.
Dunno about that. He comes across as a guy who absolutely loves himself to bits (moreso that N Brown). While I would prefer him on TFS to the usual robot footballer, I think he could get very, very annoying if he was in the media regularly.

I suppose it would be hard to find a well-known footballer who can string a sentence together AND doesn't have a massive ego.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Nathan Thompson is a media star. An absolute gem and the nicest bloke. Has a terrific career in the media awaiting him.
Dunno about that. He comes across as a guy who absolutely loves himself to bits (moreso that N Brown). While I would prefer him on TFS to the usual robot footballer, I think he could get very, very annoying if he was in the media regularly.

I suppose it would be hard to find a well-known footballer who can string a sentence together AND doesn't have a massive ego.
I respect your view MSG, but I can assure from personal experience, Thommo's a ripping bloke with time for everyone and no tickets on himself whatsoever.

He figured the media game out when he 'came out' - don't act like you're a ****ing smug hero with the media, and they'll look after you.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:

I respect your view MSG, but I can assure from personal experience, Thommo's a ripping bloke with time for everyone and no tickets on himself whatsoever.

He figured the media game out when he 'came out' - don't act like you're a ****ing smug hero with the media, and they'll look after you.
I agree: Thompson's a man who has wrestled inner demons and come through (at least for now: these demons are hard to shake, I can assure you). This has perhaps given him a bit of an air of self-confidence. But in love with himself? I don't think so.

In terms of the TFS. I reckon it is the biggest waste of time going around: particularly without Sam, who gave it just about all the spark it has ever had. While I am no great fan of the rugby league version, those guys are far more natural comedians than their AFL counterparts (Sam excepted), whose so-called humour is almost always completely unfunny.

Presumably the colourless accountants who now control Channel 9 will pull the plug on TFS in the not too far distant future.

Personally, I generally watch the colourless, but intellectually engaging, footy teams show on Fox Sports.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Presumably the colourless accountants who now control Channel 9 will pull the plug on TFS in the not too far distant future.
Browney's best mates with Ed. It's going nowhere.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Get Glen Manton back more. Funny, articulate and downright honest. Great viewing.
Can't have Manton, he's the poster boy for someone who thinks they are smarter and funnier than what they actually are. Makes my Top 10 of not wanting to be trapped in an elevator with. About as good on telly as he was on the field.

snippa
Club Player

luke.l_26 wrote:Is it just me or is the footy show painfully boring?

I thought Might switch it on last night purely cos Dal was on there, and he's generally pretty funny. Especially when he's been on BTG.

But last night was boring as poo.
Crawf hogged any airtime given to the panel.
Sam came back as irritable as ever. (although he was probably the funniest of the lot last night)
and Garry shamelessly plugging that book.

:roll:

Well.. I guess i can always be alone on the fact that I probably find something more entertaining than the 2 hours of drivel that ch 9 shows every thursday.

You are so not alone Luke....Just do what I do. Don't insult your intelligence by watching it

I am the king of the divan