Bazza has a whinge

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

my les foote
Club Player

Bazza has a whinge

I hope he gets fined over his thinly veiled crack at the umpiring.
Boofhead wrote:And there were a couple of things that should have gone my way but didn't, and if they do, all of a sudden you're having a good game rather than a pretty average one.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/n ... ntentSwap1

www.realfooty.com.auThursday March 27, 2008

No way Swans are caught in tunnel web
Barry Hall | March 28, 2008

I HAVE to be honest, until this week the only tunnelling I knew about in Sydney was the one you take under the harbour if traffic is bad on the bridge.

I'd certainly never heard of the term in AFL.

I was a bit stunned when I read that St Kilda thought it was a tactic we use intentionally. I know from speaking with our defenders Craig Bolton and Leo Barry, they were pretty bemused about it.

As forwards, we do get a fair bit of contact from defenders when we're trying to mark the ball, that's naturally part of the game. The way it often pans out is that the forwards lead out, and the defender is a metre or so behind.

When the ball arrives, the forward steadies and settles, ready to take a mark, and often leaps to take the mark. But the defender is still trying to make up the ground and is still travelling at full pelt. So for a defender it's going to be hard to stop yourself. I can see how it may look like you're trying to take someone out or knock them off balance.

But I can say it's definitely not a tactic we use at the Swans, and no, I don't have Leo or Bolts practising "tunnelling" on me at training.

Obviously, it wasn't the way we had hoped to start the season against St Kilda, and what was really disappointing was that we weren't switched on at the start of the game.

We were down by 20 points before we knew it, but we did fight back - and if Jarred Moore's kick goes through for a goal, we look at the game in a whole different light.

I don't know how we could not be switched on for the first game of the season. We'd had a great pre-season, and everyone was ready to go.

I do know that being in Sydney is probably a factor. In Melbourne, everyone was counting down the days, and they couldn't wait for it. Up here it sort of sneaked under the radar a bit.

We spoke about how quiet it's been last week. The build-up in Melbourne is massive, everybody is talking footy, and the players get excited, and we don't get that up here.

But that's no excuse. We all know this is a totally different market to everywhere else, and we also get the benefits of not having AFL in your face all day, every day. We just have to learn to deal with it better.

The reality is we were really disappointed with the way we started the game, and, to be honest, it comes back to the individual at the end of the day. It's every individual's responsibility to be ready to go. We can do stuff as a team, and that's fine, but if a couple of guys don't turn up for the first 30 minutes, it's going to be tough no matter what you do.

I've copped it a bit about my own form, and I was disappointed after the game about how I went. But I watched the tape, and I was a bit more positive about it.

I moved fairly well, I ran fairly hard. I had come off a limited preparation and only played 60 minutes of footy in the pre-season, so to almost play the full game, that was a positive.

What was important was that the effort things were there on the weekend. There were a few undisciplined things like swinging a bloke to ground after I tackled him, and I've got to work on that. Let's just put it down to first-round enthusiasm.

And similar to the team, I reckon I was so close to having a good game rather than a pretty average game, if I'd taken a couple of marks - and no, there's nothing wrong with my eyes.

And there were a couple of things that should have gone my way but didn't, and if they do, all of a sudden you're having a good game rather than a pretty average one.

So I'm really positive and excited about this week.

And it's the same for Adam Goodes. It just amazes me how people jump up and down on him after one game.

We've got no doubt Goodesy will bounce back. You're talking about a guy who has the talent to produce match-winning games, and we'll back Goodesy every day of the week.

You can't make too many judgments after just one round, and although I didn't watch a lot of footy on the weekend, I was really impressed with a couple of the teams I saw.

One in particular was Port Adelaide.

There were a few shots at goal they could have easily kicked, and while everyone has been pumping Geelong up, I thought Port were pretty good on the weekend, and actually should have beaten the Cats.

We all know we've got a big job against them on Sunday back home at the SCG.

Win it for HIM!
mischa
Club Player

Creep and a liar. Why don't we get the right of reply in this crap? Aren't we supposed to be sponsored by this garbage? All I know is if you say anything about Nick Riewoldt receiving unfair attention-than the AFL mafia will be out in force dismissing it and trying to demonstrate how trivial it all it is, as they have been doing all week. It's Matt Maguire/Hall all over again. Doens't matter if Roo ends up a paraplegic :roll: :roll: Now we're backing down so as not to affend Scumbag "Roosy" and I'm pretty sure the AFL couldn't care less. And I suspect the scumbags on this forum agree :twisted: :evil:

bozza1980
Club Player

There are a couple of key points the swans are missing with they implement the Eddie McGuire tactic of attacking the man not the subject.

Archie Fraser did not say it was a deliberate tactic, he said it was dangerous and wanted clarification from the AFL that it was illegal.

The AFL agreed it was illegal and free kicks warranted, end of story

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bazza has a whinge

Boofhead Barry Hall wrote:But I can say it's definitely not a tactic we use at the Swans, and no, I don't have Leo or Bolts practising "tunnelling" on me at training.
That's only because you can't get your boofheaded body off the ground to allow Leo or Bolts to get under you.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

That whole article is kind of sad, really.

The only defence they have left is ignorance. In Halls case, its a good try, but the endless, Sergant Shultz-esq "I know nothing" from the Swans isn't fooling anyone.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

what a joke he is...and a sick one at that......says that they have no excuses...then proceeds to whinge about the umpiring and his team mates not being switched on.......what a loser...

...the prick is lucky he wasn't cited for that hit on gram....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

what a douchebag...why would he say a few things should have gone his way???

whinge whinge whinge...

no other player in the league would write that crap and if a saints one was to i would be dissapointed they needed to still go on about decisions almost a week after the event

glad that bogan is no longer at our football club

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

He's a dumb bastard isn't he!

Another opportunity awaits!
savatage
SS Life Member

So basically he's criticising the AFL's umpires? Don't players & AFL clubs get fined for daring to criticise them? Why is this any exception then? Slug him AFL for not towing the party line!

Barry Hall is a little girl who always whinges for free kicks when the ball is there to be won. Some tough guy you are. Take a chest mark Barry FFS.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:He's a dumb bastard isn't he!
Quoted for truth. :lol: :lol:

bungiton
SS Life Member

Big bozo bawwy having a dig at those people stupid enough to have a dig a Goodes
And it's the same for Adam Goodes. It just amazes me how people jump up and down on him after one game.

We've got no doubt Goodesy will bounce back. You're talking about a guy who has the talent to produce match-winning games, and we'll back Goodesy every day of the week.

You can't make too many judgments after just one round, and although I didn't watch a lot of footy on the weekend
Obviously hasn't been to media briefings or read the clubs press releases, one of the more outspoken critics of Goodes was none other than you guessed it, Paul stools
Roos has not yet met Goodes but will this week.

"If I think there is a player who hasn't played as well as we would expect, I generally talk to them anyway," Roos said. "So it wouldn't be unusual for me to speak to Goodesy after the weekend. He didn't have much impact, we know he is a better player than that.

"It is probably frustrating for him and we don't expect our better players to get 30 or 35 possessions, but it is hard to win a game of footy if your best player is getting seven."
Thi s is all I was still able to find but over the weekend he was saying stuff like how he demanded to know why goodes was so well stopped on the weekend

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
spert
Saintsational Legend

I think the Swans just need to shut up -they have used all their credits up.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote:IAnd there were a couple of things that should have gone my way but didn't, and if they do, all of a sudden you're having a good game rather than a pretty average one.
Sometimes things should go your way, but they don't, and you end up at the back end of the proverbial queues where they hand out the grey matter and the looks, and the words "pretty average" don't even begin to describe the situation!!

Sometimes things shouldn't go your way and they do and you get to play in a winning GF team.

It's all a bit black and white in the world of a boofhead.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:d the words "pretty average" don't even begin to describe the situation!!

Sometimes things shouldn't go your way and they do and you get to play in a winning GF team.

It's all a bit black and white in the world of a boofhead.

ain't that the truth...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Jeff
Club Player

savatage wrote:Some tough guy you are. Take a chest mark Barry FFS.
Hehehe. Nice touch.

FQF
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

There were a few undisciplined things like swinging a bloke to ground after I tackled him, and I've got to work on that. Let's just put it down to first-round enthusiasm.
first round enthusiasm !!! seriously who are you tring to kid Barry you were a thug at the saints but at least we admited it now your at the swhine's your still a thug but you halfwit club try to make it out your just "missunderstood" :roll: :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/