Where Will Saints Finish?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gilbert=Legend

Where Will Saints Finish?

Before the season started I put the Saints in my top 4, due to our list and our finish to last year. This was combined with gaining two classy ruckman.

However, after last Saturday's game and the skocking football we played (backwards then sideways), I reconsidered my first thought and have since pput as back between 8th and 10th.

It seems that Ross and the players have learnt nothing from the first half of last year. :x

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where Will Saints Finish?

Gilbert=Legend wrote:Before the season started I put the Saints in my top 4, due to our list and our finish to last year. This was combined with gaining two classy ruckman.

However, after last Saturday's game and the skocking football we played (backwards then sideways), I reconsidered my first thought and have since pput as back between 8th and 10th.

It seems that Ross and the players have learnt nothing from the first half of last year. :x
And this massive belief shift after 1 round after typical Sydney tactics that have tied up everyone at some stage :roll:

4th 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Saintschampions08
Club Player

If your judging our entire season by the first game (Against sydney especially) then your an idiot.

Gilbert=Legend

I will after watching us play the same rubbish on saturday night and after watching it for the first 11 rounds of last year

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Gilbert=Legend wrote:I will after watching us play the same rubbish on saturday night and after watching it for the first 11 rounds of last year
Sydney won a premiership with that 'rubbish'?

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert=Legend wrote:I will after watching us play the same rubbish on saturday night and after watching it for the first 11 rounds of last year
Are you related to Poochy by any chance :shock:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Gilbert=Legend

Syndey won the flag that year because no other team knew how to counter attack it.
Go forward two years, different teams have found out how to counter attack it, Geelong is a perfect example with their free running, long kicking football.

But us Saints have not developed a counter attack, as seen in the first half of last year (mainly against Hawthorn) and again on Saturday.

Other teams will continue to play like this if we don't find a way to counter attack it.

milney044
Club Player

It's round 1 against Sydney, take a chill pill.
If we're still playing like this come round 11 perhaps get concerned then. Until then, lets focus on smashing the blues this week :P

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

after the game on saturday i had us finishing 16th :shock:

you are so very generous to have us that highly gilbert=legend

after rd 2 when we smash carlton, i will be thinking about relegation to the vfl.

we have a crap game plan, s*** players and a clueless coach.

seriously, if your going to post crap piss off.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Gilbert=Legend

milney044 wrote:It's round 1 against Sydney, take a chill pill.
If we're still playing like this come round 11 perhaps get concerned then. Until then, lets focus on smashing the blues this week :P
Im concerned as even in the last few seconds when we got a 50m penilty, Sam Fisher kicked the ball backwards without walking the 50m. This shows the mind set of the players.

Gram also showed this mind set, when, in the last quarter he broke though the pack and instead of runnign forward, he run back around the pack and ended up turning the ball over.

Its these little things that have me concerned as most shows the mind set of the players.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

so you are concerned, but you havent looked at the reasons like ah lets see...

maybe the 18 SYDNEY PLAYERS BEHIND THE BALL!!!!

in a post about roo yesterday, you said you were worried about bombing to contests, but now you expect them to do so instead of looking at ways to combat the flood.

please, please get a clue.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Gilbert=Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:so you are concerned, but you havent looked at the reasons like ah lets see...

maybe the 18 SYDNEY PLAYERS BEHIND THE BALL!!!!

in a post about roo yesterday, you said you were worried about bombing to contests, but now you expect them to do so instead of looking at ways to combat the flood.

please, please get a clue.
You really need to get your facts right. I have never made a post saying i was 'worried' about bombing it to contests, infact, with the likes of Nick, G-Train and kossie in the forward line we should be bombing down there more often than not.

milney044
Club Player

Give me a break :roll:
Last year the swans didnt lose by more than 30 points meaning they are bloody good at shutting down sides. Just be happy with the fact that we managed to get over the line and come away with the 4 points. Last year we would have been over run ala Collingwood and Essendon games (as well as others). A wins a win whether it's an ugly one or not. Seriously some people go out of their way to find things to complain about :?

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ffs its round one! :?
we'll finish in the 8 i reckon, f*** knows where tho and it shouldnt really matter.

yipper
SS Life Member

ppl - we have yet another troll amongst us, getting a reaction to a stupid post.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Batnoe

4 games in a row by under a goal

all wins mind you

we have to kick a winning score sometime, i honestly think our midfield is one of the best, our forward line is the best and our ruckmen when going could be the best

add to that some great half backs to set up our play we should be kicking 120 points most games...why arent we?

we have to use the ball quicker and we will, we had the least amount of possesions as anyone last year so we have to use the ball more and faster not to waste time, with our list we should pile on scores

Is our forward line too good? confused who to kick to? Well how about you bomb it long and watch our taller players drag it in everytime and if they dont the crumbers to crumb it!!

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

we will finish in the top four....

then go on to win the flag, against collingwood by 120 points.

what a stupid thread

m_m
Club Player

9th?

Gilbert=Legend

are u a carlton supporter by any chance m_m

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

m_m wrote:9th?
and do u have carlton in front of us?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:
Sydney won a premiership with that 'rubbish'?
yep they did. And it's still rubbish to watch. Boring, defensive, stoppage ridden crap.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

it was still a win we will still make the finals, we always play like that against sydney,

m_m
Club Player

Gilbert=Legend wrote:are u a carlton supporter by any chance m_m
nah im just unconvinced by recent performances (jk btw...5th maybe)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where Will Saints Finish?

Gilbert=Legend wrote:Before the season started I put the Saints in my top 4, due to our list and our finish to last year. This was combined with gaining two classy ruckman.

i smell a troll....and an ugly one at that.... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

m_m wrote:
Gilbert=Legend wrote:are u a carlton supporter by any chance m_m
nah im just unconvinced by recent performances (jk btw...5th maybe)
we won the nab cup.

we still won sat night against sydney,

i think top 4

my pick for the 8 are

Geelong
Adelaide
Stkilda
Collingwood

Next four

Melbourne
Hawks
Carlton