Good Friday Footy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

snippa
Club Player

Good Friday Footy

I know it's been done to death....but I've just gotta vent.........

FFS....AFL...Government....whoever/whatever it takes.....

Even the bloody NRL have a couple of games tonight.

I DEMAND GOOD FRIDAY (NIGHT) FOOTY :evil:

I am the king of the divan
The Peanut
Club Player

Yep snippa me too
With respect to the christians out there - This is Australia in 2008, anyone would think that we live in Alabama. I am not a christian but some things are sacred to me, but I don't expect everyone else to run their lives in keeping with my personal rituals or beliefs.

We wait all year for footy and just when we reach our peak of anticipation - along comes Good Friday - widely known as Bad Friday to some of us. :wink:

Washedup
Club Player

Got to agree, its a bullshyte day with nothing to do. Even a Melb v Roos game would get 60,000+ today

stinger
Saintsational Legend

oh ffs...give it a rest.... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:oh ffs...give it a rest.... :roll:
exactly......

There is a poll about this, why do posters create another post about it FFS

Mods please lock this and copy and paste remarks from this thread to the other thread :roll:

Gee, some posters really need to get a clue

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
exactly......

Mods please lock this and copy and paste remarks from this thread to the other thread :roll:

notice the two whose views are similar to the minority which is preventing the majority from watching footy today are the ones bleating!!

Only way we can be progressive about this is to keep it on the radar, the moral minority will try and keep the status quo.

BTW anyone enjoy their pork today? had the nicest bacon and eggs for brunch :D

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

I agree...a twilight game would be brilliant on good Friday..such a traditionally boring day ...Can't understand why there is any conflict re religion anyway and what about the rights of the non religous...a Demons V Saints would be in keeping with the theme and a big donation to the Good Friday appeal another advantage....bring it on :twisted:
Last edited by saint patrick on Fri 21 Mar 2008 9:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
notice the two whose views are similar to the minority which is preventing the majority from watching footy today are the ones bleating!!

Only way we can be progressive about this is to keep it on the radar, the moral minority will try and keep the status quo.

Please enlighten me on just what my views are???

DON'T EVER state something about my views and that I am preventing the majority from watching football on Good Friday...

You know just where you can stick that pork.....

I have NEVER stated that football should not be played on Good Friday

SO GET A CLUE

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
exactly......

what utter crap......this is still a christian country......do you reckon all the footballers would share your views...cause you are the ones insisting that they should play on the holiest of holly days.....and for the record i don't give a f*** what you ..or anybody else...ate today.... :roll:

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Solar wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
exactly......

what utter crap......this is still a christian country......do you reckon all the footballers would share your views...cause you are the ones insisting that they should play on the holiest of holly days.....and for the record i don't give a f*** what you ..or anybody else...ate today.... :roll:
Respect its a holy Day Stinger but a night game would not impinge on the significance of the days proceedings. in my opinion...the opportunity to supplement the kids appeal is another compelling reason as well for me .

By the way the smoked oysters and my wifes Tuna Bake were sensational :twisted:
Last edited by saint patrick on Fri 21 Mar 2008 9:29pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
stinger wrote:
Solar wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
exactly......

Respect its a holy Day Stinger but a night game would not impinge on the significance of the days proceedings. in my opinion...the opportunity to supplement the kids appeal is another compelling reason as well for me .

...after some thought..i might go along with that.....might...mind you.....

Solar
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Solar wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
exactly......

anyone up for a little stone throwing at people who work on the sabbath? Why is today so holy, cause a book written nearly 2000 years ago and has been change countless times to favour certain political views says it is. I am all for respecting others views as long as they don't push it on people, and that is what happens when those of us who are not christian can't watch a bit of football!

Oh and st fid, you made it clear your views upon this, moaning about two threads on it is a little thin skinned. ..... :roll:

FQF
In richo I trust

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

On second thought Solar

Just what flowing right have you to suggest what my views are...

DON'T EVER suggest something you know sweet FA about...

Don't come on here and ever directly implicate me on what you perceive are my thoughts

Total disgusted with your post

:evil:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:On second thought Solar

Don't come on here and ever directly implicate me on what you perceive are my thoughts

What are your thoughts oh holy one, seriously mate take some pills and go pray.....

but seriously, all jokes aside, the fact that you could not understand the silly notion that one day (friday over sunday) is "more holy" because a guy died while the myth/story suggests he rose on the sunday is lacking in logic and merit.

I ask again, did you enjoy your bacon, stoned anyone for working on a sunday, killed someone for believing in another god... I could go on but the point is christians play the holy book card on some issues while leaving out others.

Most football followers are enlightened enough to question why "good" friday is the only day during the football season that doesn't have footy!

If thats not pushing your beliefs on people, I'm not sure what is.

FQF
In richo I trust

snippa
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
exactly......

I didn't relise there was a poll on it...my apologies. It is a forum however and if I want to start a thread, then I will start one.

Perhaps I will be able to get a clue when I have 6000+ posts????

I am the king of the divan
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:

What are your thoughts oh holy one, seriously mate take some pills and go pray.....

but seriously, all jokes aside, the fact that you could not understand the silly notion that one day (friday over sunday) is "more holy" because a guy died while the myth/story suggests he rose on the sunday is lacking in logic and merit.

I ask again, did you enjoy your bacon, stoned anyone for working on a sunday, killed someone for believing in another god... I could go on but the point is christians play the holy book card on some issues while leaving out others.

Most football followers are enlightened enough to question why "good" friday is the only day during the football season that doesn't have footy!

Don't insult me Solar...

You just claimed that you know my thoughts...

And now you want to know what they are...

FAIR DINKUM

You are an insult

A poster wanted to know what the difference is between Good Friday and Easter Sunday and I explained that.

I seriously hope you get a warning for this insult...

I don't mind games played on Good Friday and was only explaining the difference between both days...

YOU are disgrace

and DON'T ever attempt to state that preventing the majority from watching footy on Good Friday...

The word moron comes to mind and farken ignorant buy hey...

I'm not allowed to say that, am I???

You are the joke, that claimed my views without even knowing them

DHead

Solar
Saintsational Legend

snippa wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
exactly......

I didn't relise there was a poll on it...my apologies. It is a forum however and if I want to start a thread, then I will start one.

Perhaps I will be able to get a clue when I have 6000+ posts????
don't stress snippa, they are just a little testy that others might want to chase a pig skin on their holy day :wink:

FQF
In richo I trust

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote: the fact that you could not understand the silly notion that one day (friday over sunday) is "more holy" because a guy died while the myth/story suggests he rose on the sunday is lacking in logic and merit.

you go out of your way to be f****** offensive don't you.....and you say you respect other peoples views.....sure you do.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Solar wrote: the fact that you could not understand the silly notion that one day (friday over sunday) is "more holy" because a guy died while the myth/story suggests he rose on the sunday is lacking in logic and merit.

you go out of your way to be f****** offensive don't you.....and you say you respect other peoples views.....sure you do.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
I respect people who actually make a point with logic, st fid was the one who kicked up a fuss when someone suggested that they should play football on easter sunday and friday, they couldn't understand why one is more holy....

Offensive? Because I suggested that the whole bible is a story written by a collection of men based on myths and parables. The brothers grims stories are based on myths but they do teach children not to talk to strangers among other things. Some of the greatest books talk about history from a fiction point of view. Almost all cultures have their own stories they pass on from generation to generation but most don't press their issues on to others or seek to protray that these stories are actually truth.

But I would hate to add some logic and debate into this, how dear I question your gods :roll: (respect is gained, not automatic)

FQF
In richo I trust

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
I respect people who actually make a point with logic, st fid was the one who kicked up a fuss when someone suggested that they should play football on easter sunday and friday, they couldn't understand why one is more holy....
You talk about respect, when you stated that I am preventing the majority from watching footy on Good Friday...

You want respect, well don't miss quote me

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Latest Odds ..

This thread to be

locked by midnight - $1.40
on going drama - $1.70

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

anything would be better than watching z-grade preformers "singing"......

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:Latest Odds ..

This thread to be

on going drama - $1.70
1.05 odds on solar gets banned for daring to rib the christians.....

mmmm jesus on a stick.....

FQF
In richo I trust

savatage
SS Life Member

Pwoit wrote:Latest Odds ..

This thread to be

on going drama - $1.70
I'll put $10 on "On going drama". How's her form been?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Solar wrote:

Don't insult me Solar...

You just claimed that you know my thoughts...

And now you want to know what they are...

FAIR DINKUM

You are an insult

A poster wanted to know what the difference is between Good Friday and Easter Sunday and I explained that.

I seriously hope you get a warning for this insult...

I don't mind games played on Good Friday and was only explaining the difference between both days...

YOU are disgrace

and DON'T ever attempt to state that preventing the majority from watching footy on Good Friday...

The word moron comes to mind and farken ignorant buy hey...

I'm not allowed to say that, am I???

You are the joke, that claimed my views without even knowing them

DHead
mate you got all high and mighty when describing why friday was more holy then sunday, which was in regards to no football on good friday. Then you come onto this thread and go all high and mighty again. You can call me anything you like, the fact that you get easily upset shows that you have no real answer to why today is such a "holy" day and thus should not contain a football game.

btw, I talked to your god and I know your thoughts! SPOOKY! I love people who believe in the tooth fairy, santa and big brotherrrrr whoops I mean god ;)

FQF
In richo I trust