Reality check for Carlton.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jill
Club Player

:lol: Am looking forward to Footy_first's comments on the game! :lol:

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Saint Corin wrote:
OLB wrote:Gibbs has got to be the worst number one draft picks ever.
Unfair call I think. A lot of people put this label on BJ. He has just started his second season, give him a break.
BJ always had a prodigious right foot. Even when he was under-performing his use of the footy was awesome. It was when he was without the footy where he was found wanting imo.

Before Gibbs was drafted he was tagged as someone who wasn't exceptional at anything, but good at everything. Rings true atm. If he becomes a good, serviceable footballer than fair play to him, because that's his limit imo. I've seen him have a couple of good games playing in the backline, but he's not the type of player who will tear games apart on his own.
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
OLB wrote:.

I don't think Ratten is up to it.
How can you say this? He has a 100% record :D :D :D
how can you possibly say this??? he has coached 7 games...give the man a season or two before slagging him off...even a full season

and for the record i fricking hate carlton but thats a little far passing judgement on a coach who has been in the job basically one pre-season...

give carlton a few years and they will be in the 8...then comes the test for ratten as to whether he can take the team to the top...
Fevola's off his face and he gets in trouble with the police on basically the eve before their season opener and he keeps his spot in the side. What kind of message does that send? It says that he's above the club. He had to be dropped imo, for the greater good of the club.

Carlton didn't even bother interviewing for the coaching position last year. They just handed it to Ratten. You'd think after what they've been through over the last 6 or so years they'd explore every possibility and heard what any coach worth his salt had to offer, but they didn't.

Very unprofessional from that tin-pot club.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I hope we destroy the cheating scum next week and snuff out any lingering hope of a rewarding season... my Easter wish! :)

Sobraz
SS Life Member

great win for the tigers last night, and despite what many belive, I feel they have greater upside to Carlton... Sure, Murphey, Gibbs, Kruezer are all big names, but the second tier youngsters dont exist at the blues.. Tigers have a few handy players, who are gutsy.. King and Foley are obvious, but Thrusfield, Moore, Hughes, et al, did some really good things.. And Daniel Jackson is a good player, and he aint old..

Personally, I believe Fev to be one of, if not the, most overrated player in the comp... He is a good, one dimensional FF, nothing else, and has a shocking attitude on the field...Lead, Mark, Kick s not what footy is about these days, and he spills 75% of his opporunities anyway... How Sheehan could have him in his top 20 and Richo not even in the 50 is beyond me.. Fev is a borderline dud, considering his reputation..

Looking forward to next week...