Will Barry Hall be pinged for holding the ball in 2008?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Will Barry Hall be pinged for holding the ball in 2008?

Since moving to the swans Hall has never once been pinged for holding the ball. *

Umpires let him run through 15 players * with at least 8 * hanging onto him. Then he finally handballs it after being held for 40 seconds * and it's play on.

*may contain traces of fiction to exaggerate the truth

ace
Saintsational Legend

The best way to tackle Barry Hall is to grab one of his hands or arm.
He then can't handball or accurately direct the ball to foot.
He then gets free kicked every time for incorrect disposal.
If you tackle his body the umpire has to decide if you have impeded him sufficiently. They can then give him the benefit of the doubt.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Will Barry Hall be pinged for holding the ball in 2008?

brown-coat wrote:Since moving to the swans Hall has never once been pinged for holding the ball. *
Umpires let him run through 15 players * with at least 8 * hanging onto him. Then he finally handballs it after being held for 40 seconds * and it's play on.

yes he has
i was at the game last year, round 19 at Telstra Stadium.
he tried to run through 3 saints players, but the third one got him (was it dal?) even the swans fans knew it was holding the ball, it was the highlight of the game watching him go down! :D

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
brown-coat wrote:Since moving to the swans Hall has never once been pinged for holding the ball. *

yes he has
he tried to run through 3 saints players, but the third one got him (was it dal?) even the swans fans knew it was holding the ball, it was the highlight of the game watching him go down! :D
Am I getting my incidents mixed up, or was that highlight not followed by the lowlight of the game, when he got a free for a push in the back????

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:

yes he has
i think i might of been attard who got him if its the same game they currently use a grab of it to advertise Foxtel

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/