Burkey's worry meter- Inside football news

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Burkey's worry meter- Inside football news

http://insidefootballonline.com/burke.html
me thinks the proximity of inside football to the saints is showing - just about every feature writer has something on them :)

YOU'VE GOTTA HAVE FAITH!
For the next week, all football fans can enjoy the blind optimism of pre-season writes NATHAN BURKE.

HOPE springs eternal in March. At no time during the coming season will the optimism levels of all 16 clubs be as high as it is right now.
Albeit blind optimism for a lot of teams; nonetheless March is the time to see the bright side of life.
To illustrate my point, talk to any Tigers or Blues fan. Despite finishing in the cellar last year they are acting like kids on Christmas Eve. Especially Carlton fans who are expecting Chris Judd to make this the best Christmas ever.
This state of anticipation happens every year, and since the AFL decided there should be a gap between the NAB final and Round 1, the excitement levels have doubled.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

but come on OX showerhead?
BLINDERS

Ross uses his showerhead to beat Crows
Dare I say it, but Neale Craig might have been outfoxed on the weekend by Ross Lyon and his tactics with football science last weekend. Craig is regarded as one of the best innovators within football circles, so when he is outplayed in this area, eyebrows are raised. Last Saturday night he was beaten at his own game with the Saints taking the initiative by removing their players from the ground at quarter time and three-quarter time to cool down in the change rooms by having showers.
but love your work on Harves
Harvey responds in great fashion
I don’t want to say I told you so, but to all you Muppets out there that doubted Robert Harvey and his ability to play the game at the age of 37, suffer in your jocks. We have been told so many times to never ever knock a champion because as soon as you do they will turn around and prove you wrong. It was only eight days ago when many were criticising Harvey and his decision to play this season because his form against Essendon had been below par. “He looks like he’s running in gumbootsâ€

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Burkey's worry meter- Inside football news

Gram weighs in a big way
Watching St Kilda’s battling win over Adelaide in the NAB Cup last weekend, I couldn’t help thinking that Jason Gram has become a huge part of the way the team operates.
Damn right he has!

Not too much in the way of congratulations on here, glad SOMEONE noticed how good he was on Saturday night (I always think he rocks, so thats no indication!)

Yay, Grammy. :D

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:

Gram weighs in a big way
Watching St Kilda’s battling win over Adelaide in the NAB Cup last weekend, I couldn’t help thinking that Jason Gram has become a huge part of the way the team operates.
Damn right he has!

Not too much in the way of congratulations on here, glad SOMEONE noticed how good he was on Saturday night (I always think he rocks, so thats no indication!)

Seriously, how good did he play.....

Especially running through the corridor, one instance he should have handballed....but he backed his pace and it was the right decision!!!! I loved it!

He is the type of defensive/damaging running player most teams only dream of.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:

I think most people noticed Riccardo...he did get BOG after all....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
riccardo wrote:

Of course people noticed, but there were no new threads of congratulations. For refrence - at least 5 on Riewoldt being named captain, which I'm not having a go at, but theres always a different mood when a lesser light does well as opposed to the stars of the team like Riewoldt, Ball, Gehrig, etc.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:me thinks the proximity of inside football to the saints is showing - just about every feature writer has something on them :)
Could have something to being one of two teams televised over the past week, as well as winning the match.

That's the major bonus of the later rounds of the NAB cup, as the losers move into obscurity or recieve negative publicity, the media outlets all focus on those teams left in the comp. Notice how the bombers were being built up and talked about in great detail, then we beat them and it all went silent.

All the talk was about our new ruck combo, schneider, and our potential success without any injuries.

We have also had big announcements as one of the last teams to select a captain, as well as announcing a huge 10m+ development in Frankston. Perfect timing by PR on all of this to get the saints on the lips of everyone talking footy at the moment.

Persuader
Club Player

Don't think anyone could possibly see Jason Gram as a lesser light.
He's one of the competition's stars ..... and good on him for getting himself there after being tossed on the scrapheap by Brisbane.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
Banger2Plugger
Club Player

Brisbanes loss our GRAM !

If everyone speeds, why haven't you been overtaken?
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
riccardo wrote:

Of course people noticed, but there were no new threads of congratulations. For refrence - at least 5 on Riewoldt being named captain, which I'm not having a go at, but theres always a different mood when a lesser light does well as opposed to the stars of the team like Riewoldt, Ball, Gehrig, etc.
Agree...But if you look though those congratulation type threads, they are actually pretty boring reading.

All they contain is 25 posters each writing a one line congrats message to Roo.....like he reads it.

No opinions, no discussions, no actual real individual thoughts.

st paddy
Club Player

riccardo wrote:

Gram weighs in a big way
Damn right he has!

Your crush on poor grammy is embarrassing - maybe u should get out more?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:

Gram weighs in a big way
Damn right he has!

Yeah that's all fine Ric, but what about his new hair colour??? :lol:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:Of course people noticed, but there were no new threads of congratulations. For refrence - at least 5 on Riewoldt being named captain, which I'm not having a go at, but theres always a different mood when a lesser light does well as opposed to the stars of the team like Riewoldt, Ball, Gehrig, etc.
I think it reflects more on the unimportance of the NAB cup.

I'm sure that we would see no end of congratulatory threads if he won the Norm Smith or Brownlow or B&F.

He was BOG in a praccy match...He played very well but it was a praccy match.

aussiejones
Club Player

He was BOG in a praccy match

You cant do much better

Well done GRAM

PS whats with the hair ?????