Family Day update

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lendog heaven
Club Player

Family Day update

reckon 5000 tops were there-last nights team arrived ard 1.15 with the cup (isn't it great top have some more silverware in our barren cupboard?)- all there except mgardiner who had a 'family commitment'-coach confirmed goose and bj coming along really well, dempster fit, G poss ok for rd 1, no injuries from last night. Banger got sustained applause when he got his guernsey more so than anyone else (surprise). G got his from the little girl who he handed it to at richmond game (nice touch.) MC Dee Dunleavy introduced Yapper as "No 45" -s'pose hard to remember his real no. All in all it was a pleasant day - heaps of kids. really nice setting at F'ston, can see the Bay, oval surface great, shld be fab when we get there in 2010.

Tramps like us.............
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

yes, it was a good day apart from the boys only signing for about an hour. its very frustrating when a family takes over each quene and jumps from line to line when they are close to the front. that is a bit disappointing. apart from that i got really burnt but i throughly enjoyed chatting with the young kids.

Go saints in '09!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Could someone please remind me not to go to the family day next year. To old to get signatures and to play the small amount of footy games they have. Actually not sure it is a great day for any age group.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

awww no one is too old to get signatures. apart from the players getting the jumpers and the signatures, there isnt too much there. i think the merch tent went well though.

Go saints in '09!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Family Day update

lendog heaven wrote:G got his from the little girl who he handed it to at richmond game (nice touch.)
Same one? :wink:

Owwwww how cute.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
lendog heaven wrote:G got his from the little girl who he handed it to at richmond game (nice touch.)

Owwwww how cute.
yea it was, she gave him a big hug too/

Go saints in '09!
saints_forever
Club Player

it was an awesome day got heaps of photos with the players.. but the best photo of all was getting a picture wiith the cup that was sweet as....

loving nick dal santo
Ice Wolf
Club Player

I went, DD was good for a laugh with her stuff up's, poor Schneider she skipped him in her excitement to get to Ball lol. and of course Milne was funny as when he walked up on stage and showed his jumper number eventually, followed next by the real #45.

Merchandise was good all the new gear on show heaps of stock, Training t-shirt I bought had a knick in it and they replaced it no questions asked.

Collected my Cap and scarf, love the Caps they had 3 variation of it (only change was wording on sides), 1 for Reseved Seat holders, 1 for Social Club members, and 1 for those that have Reseved seats and Social Club (me) thought it was a real nice touch, much better hats the '06 Bill Express hats.

Felt a bit sorry for the players who played last ight you could clearly see how buggered they were from last night (least Harve's only has a nice short trip back home).

Great atmosphere, with all the toddlers running around having a great time whilst their parents chased after them trying to keep them in sight.

esaint66
SS Life Member

had a great day it was excellent.

loved the heritage mueseum tent. had some great stuff there.

thought dd was being a bit harsh/weird when she announced to the whole crowd that kosi smelt like beer. what ese are they going to smell like gatorade?
:roll:

Saint-Nick
Club Player

I went and thought it was great!

Unfortunately, the queues were just too long to be able to get any autographs and like someone said - lots of people had a plan for each part of the family to stand in different queues. Next year, I'll get there early.

I'd love to know how much they raised at the gates. What's more, I'd love to know how much the Merchandise tent made. I bought a supporter's jacket - not something you want to try on in that kind of heat!

Loved seeing Fraser up close! I tried not to stalk him as he went from one area to the next, but that was difficult. Instead, I used the zoom on the camera! :oops:

I thought it was really sweet when Riley gave Fraser his guernsey back. The whole crowd went, "Awwww"!

Throughout the presentation, I was just dying of heat but kept telling myself that they went through worse the day before - which kept me going for a while. Unfortunately, I don't think I lost the 4kg that they did in the heat.

All in all, a nice time - but it would be especially good if you have young children. The best part of it was being amidst a sea of Red White and Black - just beautiful! :lol:
________
VERMONT MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
Last edited by Saint-Nick on Sun 27 Feb 2011 9:38am, edited 1 time in total.

golden hawk
Club Player

saw fraser got his jumper back that was a very nice touch bet he probably would not have minded if she kepts it [if it was the old one he got back might have been this years jumper she was giving him maybe?]

hawks day got 8,000 you day was pretty hot may have had some people stay home cause of the heat

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:saw fraser got his jumper back that was a very nice touch bet he probably would not have minded if she kepts it [if it was the old one he got back might have been this years jumper she was giving him maybe?]

hawks day got 8,000 you day was pretty hot may have had some people stay home cause of the heat
Yeah, it was this years new jumper she gave to him, not the old one.

They walk amongst us...

golden hawk
Club Player

HSVKing wrote:
golden hawk wrote:saw fraser got his jumper back that was a very nice touch bet he probably would not have minded if she kepts it [if it was the old one he got back might have been this years jumper she was giving him maybe?]

Yeah, it was this years new jumper she gave to him, not the old one.
thats good i am sure he would want her to keep the old one

nice guy is Fraser

Sam23
SS Life Member

I hate Family day.

Went last year and it was an absolute horror day, nothing went right.

Goddard.
golden hawk
Club Player

last year is last year we are talking this year !

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Did they have the training jumpers (intra-club ones) there for sale?

SharpShooter
Club Player

Otiman wrote:Did they have the training jumpers (intra-club ones) there for sale?
I don't think so no. What from I remember they should be available from the club around early to mid April.

Many people asking for those jumpers though. Will be quite popular when they come in.

djsburke
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

Owwwww how cute.
She had a big weekend. We were talking to her at Adelaide.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:awww no one is too old to get signatures.
Really? I reckon it's a bit weird for anyone over the age of 15 and downright wrong for anyone over the age of 30. Photos I can understand though.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
milney044
Club Player

Yeah signatures n photos is a hard one.. I stopped getting as many signatures now but im 17, I got a couple yesterday but they were pretty much used as an excuse to have a chat to the players. And i try not to get too many photos because it must annoy the hell out of the players, but on the odd ocassion i cant help myself :wink: Team signatures always look good on the guernsey though no matter how old you are.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

B W and R all over wrote:
Really? I reckon it's a bit weird for anyone over the age of 15 and downright wrong for anyone over the age of 30. Photos I can understand though.
Its the other way round brother...

...Never too old for signatures.....20 is too old for photos.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Could someone please remind me not to go to the family day next year. To old to get signatures and to play the small amount of footy games they have. Actually not sure it is a great day for any age group.
Still, it get's you out of Oakleigh for a day 8-)

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

oh really no way! im only 18 and i still do both. i dont feel embarassed there are heaps of older people like 60+ getting signatures!

Go saints in '09!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:
oh really no way! im only 18 and i still do both. i dont feel embarassed there are heaps of older people like 60+ getting signatures!
im now 16, and i probably have 3 signatures from each player and 2 photos from each player, but i still find more saints things to get signed and more photos! its all a bit of fun!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Could someone please remind me not to go to the family day next year. To old to get signatures and to play the small amount of footy games they have. Actually not sure it is a great day for any age group.
Yeah I have never been to one and don't think I ever will, I'm really not fussed in getting signatures or meeting the players...
If I saw a player walking down the street, I don't think I'd even bother saying hello, they've got more important things to do then talk to me :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!