What I Hate about Saintsational...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

What I Hate about Saintsational...

Reading through the threads at Bigfooty, the moderators started two threads to discuss what their posters liked/disliked about their site....

A lot the the problems were not technical, highlighting some of the areas that the posters themselves could improve.

Here we go....

I Hate....

-The lack of quality threads, the threads that don't even begin with capital letters. I would rather 5 threads with 100 posts over 50 threads with 10 or so comments/opinions/thoughts....The flooding of threads

-Can't stand how it is impossible to know which threads you have replied just by looking at the titles on page one... Compared to bigfooty, it indicates which threads you have replied to which make it easier (and so much less frustrating) to find the replies to that 'amazing' piece that you wrote a couple of hours/days later

-How any opinion or negative feedback for any "St Kilda" player catogorises them as a 'whipping boy'. Whipping boy isn't an argument people, you can't blame people having opinions on certain players due to the fact that they are a whipping boy.

.....feel free to continue...but please keep it friendly!!!

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

The way certain keyboard cowboys go around hijacking threads and bagging people out with personal insults and non-sequitor arguments.

Would be nice to discuss our differing opinions as adults without resorting to playground-esq sniping.

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

The word 'F***'. Spell it properly.

Too lazy to update my username
Huzzad
Club Player

riccardo wrote:The way certain keyboard cowboys go around hijacking threads and bagging people out with personal insults and non-sequitor arguments.

Would be nice to discuss our differing opinions as adults without resorting to playground-esq sniping.
Definatly the most dissapointing thing about this site. Look at what happened in 2/3 Time thread today. Great example of one or two forumites taking something so far overboard.

I know some people get upset when their opinion is disagreed with, but people need to show some decorum and deal with the fact that forums are a place to share an opinion and should not be subjected to abuse and personal insults FOR ANY REASON.

For goodness sake, we all follow the same team. Show some respect.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Agree on the thread titles.

The main thing that I think is dragging SS down is the tolerance shown to people who continually post abusive, irrelevant crap.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Agree on the thread titles.

The main thing that I think is dragging SS down is the tolerance shown to people who continually post abusive, irrelevant crap.
Or the people that post just to up their post count.
Like just put a smile and hit submit or start up half a dozen threads about irrelevant crap as you like to put it msg :)

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Quixote
SS Life Member

F U C K
The way certain keyboard cowboys go around hijacking threads and bagging people out with personal insults and non-sequitor arguments.

When constructing an argument, you shouldn't refer to the opposition in affectionate terms. The example here is 'keyboard cowboys'. It dillutes your integrity. And just quietly it freaks me out.
Definatly the most dissapointing thing about this site. Look at what happened in 2/3 Time thread today. Great example of one or two forumites taking something so far overboard.
Do you mean 3/4 Time thread? Or two thirds of the time thread? Have you half a brain? Or two thirds of one?
I couldn't agree more. But this, MSG, coming from yourself? You would fit in perfectly with Statler and Waldorff on the Muppet Show balcony. You're a pest. And you're heavy, wet-blanket analysis is the ultimate drag.
Like just put a smile and hit submit or start up half a dozen threads about irrelevant crap as you like to put it msg
Be kind. Ralphy is a good kid. He's just a little... retarded.

That's all.

Now kids - the lesson to be learnt here is that this is a Forum, an internet Forum I tell you! It has no bearing whatsoever on the real-world, it is an escape and can be quite an entertaining one at that. Why do you think Saintsational.com is so notorious? Because of its characters!

Lighten the f u c k up and learn to take a joke will ya? There is a bigger picture that would blow your hide should you care to address it.

And if you can't do that - F*** off!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: What I Hate about Saintsational...

Spinner wrote:
I Hate....

-, the threads that don't even begin with capital letters.

.....feel free to continue...but please keep it friendly!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: ....i hate spelling....and grammer....nazis..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
F U C K

When constructing an argument, you shouldn't refer to the opposition in affectionate terms. The example here is 'keyboard cowboys'. It dillutes your integrity. And just quietly it freaks me out.
Do you mean 3/4 Time thread? Or two thirds of the time thread? Have you half a brain? Or two thirds of one?
I couldn't agree more. But this, MSG, coming from yourself? You would fit in perfectly with Statler and Waldorff on the Muppet Show balcony. You're a pest. And you're heavy, wet-blanket analysis is the ultimate drag.
Like just put a smile and hit submit or start up half a dozen threads about irrelevant crap as you like to put it msg
Be kind. Ralphy is a good kid. He's just a little... retarded.

That's all.

Now kids - the lesson to be learnt here is that this is a Forum, an internet Forum I tell you! It has no bearing whatsoever on the real-world, it is an escape and can be quite an entertaining one at that. Why do you think Saintsational.com is so notorious? Because of its characters!

Lighten the f u c k up and learn to take a joke will ya? There is a bigger picture that would blow your hide should you care to address it.

And if you can't do that - F*** off!

you tell "em mate...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

"

Like just put a smile and hit submit or start up half a dozen threads about irrelevant crap as you like to put it msg"

...tt.... :wink: :lol: :roll:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I hate pointless acknowledgement threads:
congrats on player x re milestone followed up by 10-20 posts saying congrats, or condolences this etc

Forumites who refer to opposition teams with petty derogatory names: swines, poos, pussies, shockers etc

Forumites that get insulting and abusive the moment a negative opinion is expressed

NE1 that starts a thread about GT in any capacity

Though I'm a major culprit... damn you stinger for starting the whole... trend... singlehandedly destroying my grammer... :wink:

A personal grievance, way to many bandwagon supporters

Huzzad
Club Player

[quote="Quixote"

[/quote]

Need I say any more here? My own example is attacked and proves my initial point even more. This is what I hate about saintsational. Drongos like this insulting people over a simple typo.

As for the "can't take a joke" remark, I have found nothing funny about your posts lately. If this is humour, perhaps stand-up in a prison is your true calling. Grow up.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Saints-06-Premiers wrote:The word 'F***'. Spell it properly.
In modern times it IS correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F***

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Huzzad wrote:[quote="Quixote"
Need I say any more here? My own example is attacked and proves my initial point even more. This is what I hate about saintsational. Drongos like this insulting people over a simple typo.

[/quote]

EXACTLY!
if you say one thing that is wrong/typo/bad grammer you get jumped on. Some people on here think "all people are equil, but some are more equil than others" and that really pisses me off!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

wtf is equil.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
EXACTLY!
if you say one thing that is wrong/typo/bad grammer you get jumped on. Some people on here think "all people are equil, but some are more equil than others" and that really pisses me off![/quote]

Pure Gold Dools

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:wtf is equil.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
I think it means the same as......

equal

:oops:

Quixote
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
EXACTLY!
if you say one thing that is wrong/typo/bad grammer you get jumped on. Some people on here think "all people are equil, but some are more equil than others" and that really pisses me off!

Dooley you have clearly been doing you're reading and as such I stand down.

I take back everything I have said about you.

You are now a Poet-Krout.

Equil at least to the best spastic flat-head from Seddon Kindergarten.

And Huzzard - go monitor a hallway somewhere. You're a useless conservative pleb. Or perhaps consider a drug habit and then options could really open up for you. There are just so many intersections with so many windscreens out there waiting to be washed. In this case you could stop hanging around here so often. And we'd all be blessed. I'll PM you a buck. Ya donkey.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Quixote
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:wtf is equil.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
God I laughed!

Dooley's e-quill is drunk, couldn't make out a cat from a hat.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I only hate a few things about Saintsational

1 - The fact that certain posters can jump down each other's backs when ultimately we all want the same thing.

2 - People who post purely negative things. People are free to their own opinions but I really question whether these people are truly supporters of the saints the way some carry on.

3 - People who reply to everything, even if they don't have an actual opinion on something.

That's it. This site s***s all over bigfooty.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I couldn't agree more. But this, MSG, coming from yourself? You would fit in perfectly with Statler and Waldorff on the Muppet Show balcony.
I neither care or know of what the hell you're carrying on about.
You're a pest. And you're heavy, wet-blanket analysis is the ultimate drag.
Oh yes, god forbid someone posts about footy on here. If you dislike reading for more than 10 seconds at a time or using your brain for 'thinking' then stick to Bay 13 on Bigfooty.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:I only hate a few things about Saintsational

1 - The fact that certain posters can jump down each other's backs when ultimately we all want the same thing.

2 - People who post purely negative things. People are free to their own opinions but I really question whether these people are truly supporters of the saints the way some carry on.

3 - People who reply to everything, even if they don't have an actual opinion on something.

That's it. This site s***s all over bigfooty.
Not a personal attack but.....I hate how posters doubt other posters support for St Kilda....

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

I really hate people posting dribble to up their post count

Before Im 85
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

No seriously I really hate people posting dribble to up their post count :)

Before Im 85
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Geez am i up to 1088 posts already :shock:

Before Im 85