Stkilda VS adelaide teams

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

be a shame to drop the likes of jones armatage and allen concidering they did so well to get the team to the cup i reckon if we top up with our starting 22 we will find it harder to win then if we run the kiddies

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
JuanTheSydSainter
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Pretty sure Allen will play. Has done well in 2 out of 3 games.
Who knows? I wouldn't be annoyed if he did.....

My thinking was just along the lines of balancing the side. With Kosi, Max and Chips back we can't really afford not to drop a tall or two from last week? Allen has been played forward and with Roo and Kosi up there, will there be room for Allen? We can always rest one of our rucks up forward if we want some extra height during certain periods of the game. It's really a question of who else misses to keep Allen in the side.

milney044
Club Player

Just out of interest plugger 66 cause i generally value your opinion, if it were round 1 this Saturday night what 22 would you go with?

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
JuanTheSydSainter
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:be a shame to drop the likes of jones armatage and allen concidering they did so well to get the team to the cup i reckon if we top up with our starting 22 we will find it harder to win then if we run the kiddies
Do you say that because our 'starting 22' is not match fit? If so, then we better get some game time into them because Saturday night is the last chance before the season proper.

If it's not an issue of match fitness then saying that playing all the kids will give us a better chance, is paramount to saying they are actually in our best 22........

aussiejones
Club Player

Re Fiora being lucky

I just think he is a bit off this year , though I was very pleased with his 2007.

Re Birss He is improving

I just hope the Saints are quick enough , so I would have Jones instaed of Fiora

Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

So you don't think Fiora is quick?

aussiejones
Club Player

I rate Fiora , but at this point would rather Jones .

Fiora exceeded all expectations last year under RL.

Lets just see ,

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

JuanTheSydSainter wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:be a shame to drop the likes of jones armatage and allen concidering they did so well to get the team to the cup i reckon if we top up with our starting 22 we will find it harder to win then if we run the kiddies
Do you say that because our 'starting 22' is not match fit? If so, then we better get some game time into them because Saturday night is the last chance before the season proper.

If it's not an issue of match fitness then saying that playing all the kids will give us a better chance, is paramount to saying they are actually in our best 22........
no more to do with the desperation i said it last week how the kids are bringing a new life to the club i think the "old" guard are a little complacent and rely on someone else to do the job for them where as the kids just wanna have a crack at it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

aussiejones wrote:I rate Fiora , but at this point would rather Jones .

Fiora exceeded all expectations last year under RL.

Lets just see ,
from my observations Fizz is kinda stuck in the middle hes not the top shelf seasoned player and hes not the flashy excitement rookie player anymore . he kinda looks outa place at the moment

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Remember Rutten got injured mid-game when we beat the crows last year, it was actually the turning point of the game. Commentators were saying he had not missed a single minute of gametime for something like 16 games in a row.