Basicly we need the money- Herald sun.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Just keep players on the park and win a god damn flag. With prudent management, the rest will take care of itself.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: Basicly we need the money- Herald sun.

GrumpyOne wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:Who cares about what happened in the past?
There's an old saying OWTS, that those who don't learn from history are condemned to repeat it.
History has brought us one flag and too much debt.

I remember all too well what we've done wrong, but the key is to identify it, isolate the factors behind it, and lock in successful practices to ensure they never happen again.

However, it's my belief the 'optimistic' generation of St Kilda supporters needs to be preseved, not discouraged.

They will not accept mediocrity as willingly as past fans...they believe the sky is the limit for this football club. No more Struggle St; we are in charge of our destiny.

I reckon it's spread beyond the younger fans, too. Older fans are saying enough's enough. The proof? We voted in a board who agreed enough was enough.

Because enough really is enough.

Learn from the past, but don't get weighed down by it. We choose to write our own future. We will not be shackled by our past.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I remember all too well what we've done wrong, but the key is to identify it, isolate the factors behind it, and lock in successful practices to ensure they never happen again.
exactly. it's pretty simple really. don't spend what you haven't got.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html
Saints bank on cup ride
Jon Ralph | March 04, 2008 12:00am

Thomas and the club are set for a three-day civil trial after they could not agree on his settlement terms.

St Kilda's financial report states that "legal proceedings were brought against the company during the year by a former employee.

This matter is being strongly defended and has a potential maximum liability of $278,000.

I sincerely hope that the club do strongly defend this and start to set a precedent in handling legal matters + tribunal defence's more professionally.

Afterall in this situation we have an arsewipe/pissant who is claiming $168,000 for holiday pay when he already overpaid himself $500,000 a year for five years, as if somehow earning 2.5 million dollars for coaching an AFL club has left him feeling screwed over to the point where he feels like he wants more and is prepared to sue the club he says he'd never do anything to hurt :roll:

Furthermore the whizzbang negotiator who insisted on full control of the football department and player contracts, has already signed a stat dec stating that he is NOT owed any holiday pay and would like us to believe that he was pressured into signing :roll:

and this guy had full control of our football department :roll:

Brooks for picks 6 and 31
Ackland
McGough
Guerra etc...etc...

all calls made by Rendell and Thomas with McGough being Thomas's call 100%

The long 4 and 5 year contracts and payouts to Penny and Hamill have ended up costing the club over one million dollars for virtually nothing after both players were cactus after two.

These decisions by Thomas to sign these two players to long term contracts have cost the club around one million dollars.

anyway back on topic

As far as holidays go, lets' not forget the three all expenses paid overseas training camps/holidays which took in a lot of sightseeing etc...

bottomline, Thomas should not have signed the stat dec stating he was not owed any money, if in fact he honestly thought he was owed money, I mean fair dinkum and let's be fair dinkum here

Does anyone seriously believe that Thomas could be pressured into signing anything?

The mind boggles how, on the one hand this machiavelian maestro demanded full control of player contracts and now the slimy svengali snake oil salesman would like everyone to believe that he's so incompetent that he can't even look after his own :roll:

and let's not forget

The St.Kilda Football Club was prepared to settle for a bit over $100,000 for hush money which was offered by Butterss and which should never have been offered in the first place, and this was rejected by Thomas

$100,000 for just going away quietly, for nothing more than keeping your mouth shut, :roll: talk about manner from heaven

It's a disgrace that Butterss even offered this to begin with!

FAIR DINKUM

2.5 million, coaching an AFL club for 5 and a half years, three all expenses paid overseas holidays disguised as training camps and still he takes out legal proceedings against the St.Kilda Football Club

To my mind the St.Kilda Football Club has been very good to Grant Thomas, even his current employment is as a result of his time at the St.Kilda Football Club.

Thomas wants $168,000 for holiday pay when he's already signed a stat dec stating he's not owed this money, it would be rolled gold comedy if it wasn't the St.Kilda Football Club this pissant was trying it on with.

I, as a paid up socail club and reserved seat holder x 2 sincerely hope the St.Kilda Football Club defend this stongly, and not let this lying grub get one cent of OUR membership dollars.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:bottomline, Thomas should not have signed the stat dec stating he was not owed any money, if in fact he honestly thought he was owed money, I mean fair dinkum and let's be fair dinkum here

Does anyone seriously believe that Thomas could be pressured into signing anything?
Statutory Declarations
(1) A Statutory Declaration must -

contain an acknowledgement that it is true and correct and is made in the belief that a person making a false declaration is liable to the penalties of perjury; and

be signed by the person making it in the presence of a person who is authorised under section 107A(1) to witness the signing of a Statutory Declaration

(2) A person who makes a declaration which the person knows to be false is liable to the penalties of perjury.

(Source: http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.as ... ent_ID=214)

Solar
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html
Saints bank on cup ride

Thomas and the club are set for a three-day civil trial after they could not agree on his settlement terms.

St Kilda's financial report states that "legal proceedings were brought against the company during the year by a former employee.

This matter is being strongly defended and has a potential maximum liability of $278,000.

I sincerely hope that the club do strongly defend this and start to set a precedent in handling legal matters + tribunal defence's more professionally.
see barks the above statement is enough, in fact its something I agree whole heartly.... then why the full page waffle needed?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html
Saints bank on cup ride

Afterall in this situation we have an arsewipe/pissant who is claiming $168,000 for holiday pay when he already overpaid himself $500,000 a year for five years, as if somehow earning 2.5 million dollars for coaching an AFL club has left him feeling screwed over to the point where he feels like he wants more and is prepared to sue the club he says he'd never do anything to hurt :roll:

Furthermore the whizzbang negotiator who insisted on full control of the football department and player contracts, has already signed a stat dec stating that he is NOT owed any holiday pay and would like us to believe that he was pressured into signing :roll:

and this guy had full control of our football department :roll:

Brooks for picks 6 and 31
Ackland
McGough
Guerra etc...etc...

The long 4 and 5 year contracts and payouts to Penny and Hamill have ended up costing the club over one million dollars for virtually nothing after both players were cactus after two.

These decisions by Thomas to sign these two players to long term contracts have cost the club around one million dollars.

anyway back on topic

As far as holidays go, lets' not forget the three all expenses paid overseas training camps/holidays which took in a lot of sightseeing etc...

bottomline, Thomas should not have signed the stat dec stating he was not owed any money, if in fact he honestly thought he was owed money, I mean fair dinkum and let's be fair dinkum here

The mind boggles how, on the one hand this machiavelian maestro demanded full control of player contracts and now the slimy svengali snake oil salesman would like everyone to believe that he's so incompetent that he can't even look after his own :roll:

and let's not forget

The St.Kilda Football Club was prepared to settle for a bit over $100,000 for hush money which was offered by Butterss and which should never have been offered in the first place, and this was rejected by Thomas

$100,000 for just going away quietly, for nothing more than keeping your mouth shut, :roll: talk about manner from heaven

It's a disgrace that Butterss even offered this to begin with!

FAIR DINKUM

2.5 million, coaching an AFL club for 5 and a half years, three all expenses paid overseas holidays disguised as training camps and still he takes out legal proceedings against the St.Kilda Football Club

To my mind the St.Kilda Football Club has been very good to Grant Thomas, even his current employment is as a result of his time at the St.Kilda Football Club.

Thomas wants $168,000 for holiday pay when he's already signed a stat dec stating he's not owed this money, it would be rolled gold comedy if it wasn't the St.Kilda Football Club this pissant was trying it on with.

I, as a paid up socail club and reserved seat holder x 2 sincerely hope the St.Kilda Football Club defend this stongly, and not let this lying grub get one cent of OUR membership dollars.
Mods please put this in the right thread. The dejavu thread is further down the page.

Violent Stool
Club Player

barks4eva wrote: Brooks for picks 6 and 31
Ackland
McGough
Guerra etc...etc...

I'm no Thomas fan (never really was) but if these are the only things he did wrong in 6 years as head coach of an AFL club, it's not really that bad compared to most others.

How far down the rabbit hole do you really want to go?
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:Who cares about what happened in the past?
There's an old saying OWTS, that those who don't learn from history are condemned to repeat it.
History has brought us one flag and too much debt.

I remember all too well what we've done wrong, but the key is to identify it, isolate the factors behind it, and lock in successful practices to ensure they never happen again.

However, it's my belief the 'optimistic' generation of St Kilda supporters needs to be preseved, not discouraged.

They will not accept mediocrity as willingly as past fans...they believe the sky is the limit for this football club. No more Struggle St; we are in charge of our destiny.

I reckon it's spread beyond the younger fans, too. Older fans are saying enough's enough. The proof? We voted in a board who agreed enough was enough.

Because enough really is enough.

Learn from the past, but don't get weighed down by it. We choose to write our own future. We will not be shackled by our past.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.
Classy post.

I am of the optimistic generation. I see no reason why St Kilda can't be one of the strongest and most attractive clubs in the AFL.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Violent Stool wrote:
barks4eva wrote: Brooks for picks 6 and 31
Ackland
McGough
Guerra etc...etc...

I'm no Thomas fan (never really was) but if these are the only things he did wrong in 6 years as head coach of an AFL club, it's not really that bad compared to most others.
The list is too long too mention, but if you ask nicely I'll do it 8-)

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

barks4eva wrote:The list is too long too mention, but if you ask nicely I'll do it 8-)
:lol:

Just go to your Word documents barks, highlight it, hit CTRL plus 'C' then CTRL plus 'V'

I'm sure we'd all like to read your views on GT.

You know you want to!

:wink: