Brendon Fevola caught speeding through school zone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noddy

Brendon Fevola caught speeding through school zone

Just heard that Fevola has been done for speeding through a school crossing....hang him :D

CARLTON spearhead Brendan Fevola has been caught speeding in a 40km/h school zone this afternoon. It is believed he was nabbed at 60km/h.

Carlton officials have confirmed the Blues player was caught about 2.50pm along the Nepean Highway in Elsternwick, but they did not reveal his penalty or whether he had lost his licence.

Drivers automatically lose their licence for speeding offences if they are caught travelling 25km/h or more over the speed limit.

In an official statement released today, the club said: "While Brendan was unaware that the reduced limit applied on that particular stretch of road during that time of day (approximately 2.50pm), he is nonetheless remorseful for his actions".

Fevola contacted the club within an hour of being intercepted by police.

He was quick to apologise for the incident.

"I appreciate that there can be no excuse for going over the limit," he said.

"It's a wake-up call for me and hopefully a reminder to everyone that the speed limit must be observed, particularly at selected times in and around school areas."

The club said Fevola was keen to ensure that his error in judgment could be used to reinforce "the message of road safety in the community".

Earlier this month Geelong forward Steve Johnson was fined $500 and has had his driver's licence suspended for 12 months without conviction after pleading guilty to speeding.

Police clocked the 24-year-old premiership player driving his Ford XR6 at 128 km/h in a 50km/h zone along Limeburners Point Rd in East Geelong on January 16 this year.

The court heard he and teammate Shannon Byrnes were on their way to the Eastern Gardens golf course.

Johnson's car was immediately impounded by police under hoon laws for driving nearly 80km/h over the limit.

Magistrate Stephen Myall ordered Johnson to attend a road trauma awareness program on top of the 50-hours community service work already imposed by Geelong Football Club
CARLTON spearhead Brendan Fevola has been caught speeding in a 40km/h school zone this afternoon. It is believed he was nabbed at 60km/h.

Carlton officials have confirmed the Blues player was caught about 2.50pm along the Nepean Highway in Elsternwick, but they did not reveal his penalty or whether he had lost his licence.

Drivers automatically lose their licence for speeding offences if they are caught travelling 25km/h or more over the speed limit.

In an official statement released today, the club said: "While Brendan was unaware that the reduced limit applied on that particular stretch of road during that time of day (approximately 2.50pm), he is nonetheless remorseful for his actions".

Fevola contacted the club within an hour of being intercepted by police.

He was quick to apologise for the incident.

"I appreciate that there can be no excuse for going over the limit," he said.

"It's a wake-up call for me and hopefully a reminder to everyone that the speed limit must be observed, particularly at selected times in and around school areas."

The club said Fevola was keen to ensure that his error in judgment could be used to reinforce "the message of road safety in the community".

Earlier this month Geelong forward Steve Johnson was fined $500 and has had his driver's licence suspended for 12 months without conviction after pleading guilty to speeding.

Police clocked the 24-year-old premiership player driving his Ford XR6 at 128 km/h in a 50km/h zone along Limeburners Point Rd in East Geelong on January 16 this year.

The court heard he and teammate Shannon Byrnes were on their way to the Eastern Gardens golf course.

Johnson's car was immediately impounded by police under hoon laws for driving nearly 80km/h over the limit.

Magistrate Stephen Myall ordered Johnson to attend a road trauma awareness program on top of the 50-hours community service work already imposed by Geelong Football Club
Last edited by noddy on Thu 28 Feb 2008 5:35pm, edited 2 times in total.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Lol, what speed are we talking here? 8-)

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
GrumpyOne

Was he in a bingle at the time?

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

:lol:

In other related Carlton Court news I just bumped into Lance Whitnall and his missus in the Magistrates Court when I was helping a barrister with some documents from work.

Quite a little media scrum forming down the bottom too.

You would think they have more important stuff to report these days in Court.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'll be sure to tell my employer next time I break the speed limit...fair dinkum.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

HarveysDeciple

according to Herald Sun there is no record of the charge and they can't find the cop anywhere lol.

Strange.

snippa
Club Player

nothing story........ :roll:

in other news, it has been reported that Chris Judd has just sneezed

I am the king of the divan
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

CHRIS JUDD SNEEZED

TELL EVERYONE.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

snippa wrote:in other news, it has been reported that Chris Judd has just sneezed
It could be the plague.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
snippa wrote:in other news, it has been reported that Chris Judd has just sneezed
It could be the plague.
Wishful thinking. :wink:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:according to Herald Sun there is no record of the charge and they can't find the cop anywhere lol.

Strange.
And to keep up the 'conspiracy story', that section of Nepean Highway is an 80kmh zone out of 'school hours', so why was Fevola only doing 60kmh? Wouldn't have anything to do with the fasct that if he actually was doing that speed (70-80kmh) he would lose his license if caught?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

snippa wrote:nothing story........ :roll:

in other news, it has been reported that Chris Judd has just sneezed
Agree, and disappointing that it would be considered of interest to Saints fans...

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.