Saints supporters in Brisbane

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintgaz
Club Player

Saints supporters in Brisbane

I've made the big move to Brissie from Perth and wondering if there are any normal haunts Saints supporters go to watch games?

One day it's all got to be worth it.
Right????
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Welcome to "unsunny" Qld! We have a very strong supporter group uphere. If you would like to PM me your details I will put you on the list and keep you up to date with what we get up so. Unfortunately TV coverage is some what irractic in Bris, so there isn't a regular get together up there. However, on the Gold Coast we have the luxury of NSW stations as well. So we get together to watch every Saints game that is on TV. We meet at the Mermaid Beach Surf Life Saving Club, in Hedges Av in Mermaid Beach. Hope to meet you some time. 8-)

Qld Saints Supporter Group
JeffDunne

A word of advice - GET FOXTEL!!!!!

RoseInOz
Club Player

I agree you need Foxtel.
At least you get to watch the Friday night games on Channel 518 here in Maryborough, and I have watched all the Friday night NAB Cup games live on Friday nights this year.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Foxtel (or Austar) is an absolute necessity, especially if you have just arrived from a regonised AFL state.

Mark
Club Player

Yep as a Bisbane Sainter I also recommend Foxtel....I went to Mermaid Beach SLSC and joined Bev,Murray and the gang when we beat North in the '97 Prelim Final.They are a great crowd and it was a fantastic night,but when your in Brissie it's a bit far unless you make a weekend of it....go the Foxtel.

Regards Mark

RoseInOz
Club Player

The supporters group will keep you in touch with what is going on as well.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

What suburb do you live in?

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Why don't you guys get a car pool happening? No atmosphere watching TV and we are so much fun 8-)

Qld Saints Supporter Group
RoseInOz
Club Player

I am in Maryborough, about 2 and a half hours North of Brisbane.
I go down to watch the Saints play Brisbane, and this year I am hoping to get to the Kangaroos/Saints game at Carrara, if I can get tickets for both my husband and myself. I need a carer as I am disabled, and can't manage stairs etc, without his help, and the club is not able to tell me if I can get a ticket for my husband for that game yet.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
Saintgaz
Club Player

I'd love to get Foxtel, but the budget won't allow it at the moment.
My parents have it back in Perth, so I can get games taped and sent, but it's not the same as watching live.
I went to Southbank last weekend and tryed to find a pub to watch the game, but no one had it on their TV's.

I live in Wynnum, so I'll trawl around the local pubs and find somewhere.

One day it's all got to be worth it.
Right????
PLUGGER14
Club Player

Saintgaz wrote:I'd love to get Foxtel, but the budget won't allow it at the moment.
My parents have it back in Perth, so I can get games taped and sent, but it's not the same as watching live.
I went to Southbank last weekend and tryed to find a pub to watch the game, but no one had it on their TV's.

I live in Wynnum, so I'll trawl around the local pubs and find somewhere.
Pineapple Hotel near the Gabba generally has games on. The Redlands Sporting Club down your way might be another option.