If we win this week, will you travel to the final?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

If we win this week, will you travel to the final?

if we make the NAB Grand Final and end up playing the Crows at Aami Stadium will you go?
i will, it might be the only premiership i see before i die :wink:

title edited for clarity by mods

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Re: If..........

saintdooley wrote:if we make the NAB Grand Final and end up playing the Crows at Aami Stadium will you go?
i will, it might be the only premiership i see before i die :wink:
Not planning on hanging around til September then, dools?

:shock: 8-)

pits
Club Player

i will try to go. I can't be sure but we'll see. Anyway, don't be so negative, 2008 is our year.

really?
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

pits wrote:i will try to go. I can't be sure but we'll see. Anyway, don't be so negative, 2008 is our year.
John, i am sitting next to you right now in Commerce, and you are a Collingwood fan. 'PITS' (your nick name) 'stands for Pies in the sky'
btw, can you please hurry up and finish my work?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
pits
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
pits wrote:i will try to go. I can't be sure but we'll see. Anyway, don't be so negative, 2008 is our year.
John, i am sitting next to you right now in Commerce, and you are a Collingwood fan. 'PITS' (your nick name) 'stands for Pies in the sky'
joe, i dont even understand this work! anyway, u wont go bcos saints won't be playing. Which i spose will b a good thing

really?
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

pits wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
joe, i dont even understand this work! anyway, u wont go bcos saints won't be playing. Which i spose will b a good thing
sorry, but is collingwood yet to win a game this year? we are 2 out of 2, pies are 0 out of 2, lol! hurry up, the teacher is about to correct my work!

devil saint
Club Player

Is it set in concrete that the game will be at AAMI if both the Saints and Crows win?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

devil saint wrote:Is it set in concrete that the game will be at AAMI if both the Saints and Crows win?
crows are 6 goals ahead of us, so we would have to beat essendon by a good 10 goals if we want a home GF

pits
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
pits wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
sorry, but is collingwood yet to win a game this year? we are 2 out of 2, pies are 0 out of 2, lol! hurry up, the teacher is about to correct my work!
I have done too much work this lesson :lol: ... anyway, pies may be 0 out of 2, but all our good player played reserves last week and beat geelongs reserves, which had some AFL listed players, by over 150 pts. I dont care, how did pies do in preseason last year, crap, and they ended up deep in the finals. I beleive, like u shood, saints will get one within 10 years.

really?
hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

The NAB cup a half hearted affair all round. Half the teams are not interested, half the players go in half hearted (injuries much worse than defeat) and the attendance is half of what would attend a real game . Impossible to tell where the teams are at with this competition and Adelaide is too far for all this.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

hilairehinshelwood wrote:The NAB cup a half hearted affair all round. Half the teams are not interested, half the players go in half hearted (injuries much worse than defeat) and the attendance is half of what would attend a real game . Impossible to tell where the teams are at with this competition and Adelaide is too far for all this.

Yep remember Carlton won it, then got the wooden spoon.

Brisbane in there hayday never last very long in the pre-season comp, As wel as recently Sydney.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

pits wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
pits wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
I have done too much work this lesson :lol: ... anyway, pies may be 0 out of 2, but all our good player played reserves last week and beat geelongs reserves, which had some AFL listed players, by over 150 pts. I dont care, how did pies do in preseason last year, crap, and they ended up deep in the finals. I beleive, like u shood, saints will get one within 10 years.
:roll: :roll:
Collingwoods 3 qtr stength team beat the Geelong VFL team, there is no point even mentioning the AFL players they had, 150 points is nothing...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

umm

hawks might beat adelaide, then play us ,

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote: :roll: :roll:
Collingwoods 3 qtr stength team beat the Geelong VFL team, there is no point even mentioning the AFL players they had, 150 points is nothing...
geelongs reserves were supposedly playing in Canberra beaten by the saints young guns- so the Pies actually beat the VFL RESERVES team- with 11 senior AFL guys. :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

hmm.....

we could play hawks which will be in melbourne

StSteven
Club Player

Collingwood beat Geelong VFL....give me a break. Collingwood had half their senior players in, Geelong had 2 (TWO) Reserves players and the rest were local kids who were unlisted.

If you are going to read anything into this, the only positive was that Collingwood side can catch a bus and put their gear on the right way around!

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

hilairehinshelwood wrote:The NAB cup a half hearted affair all round. Half the teams are not interested, half the players go in half hearted (injuries much worse than defeat) and the attendance is half of what would attend a real game . Impossible to tell where the teams are at with this competition and Adelaide is too far for all this.
Love the username HH, not often you run into a Palace loving Saints Fan.

EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeagls

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Anyway, my answer is YES

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:hmm.....

we could play hawks which will be in melbourne
Just because nobody directly responded to you doesn't mean you have to repeat yourself...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

"not often you run into a Palace loving Saints Fan."
[/color][/color]
Yep Been sprung. Lived when growing up within 100 metres of Selhurst park and parents still live there. Been to many Saints games but with only 22 home and away games compared to the now 46 of Palace, it will be a while to catch up in terms of games attended.
A trip to Adelaide for the NAB cup though isn't incentive to increase the tally. Felt the atmosphere for the Richmond Nab cup game was subdued.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I will not travel to an NAB Cup game, even if it is the Final.

If we happen to host or Hawthorn and us both win, of course I'll be there, but I don't really like going I/S anyway, certainly not for a pre-season game.

bozza1980
Club Player

Unfortunately

if we make the final of the NAB Cap and

if it's in Adelaide

I will be unable to make it only because, at the age of 27, I will be playing in my first ever senior cricket semi final. The lure of a Grand Final berth of my own will keep me away.

This should be a good thing as the Night Grand Final I did attend in 98 was not good and our two Preseason Cup wins I was interstate and unable to attend.

Let's just beat the old Bombres this week and then worry about Finals[/i]

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:This should be a good thing as the Night Grand Final I did attend in 98 was not good and our two Preseason Cup wins I was interstate and unable to attend.
About 20 minutes into the second term, I began chundering my guts out...awful business!

An omen for what lay ahead later in the night, I think.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

so far so good for me! :D
i want to go to adelaide! :)

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I hope the final is in Adelaide so we have a week away from Telstra Dome to refresh the legs before Round One.

We need to play on a decent surface and AAMI is perfect.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.