Luke Ball Footy Boots

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Russman
Club Player

Luke Ball Footy Boots

Hi All
Any idea what brand of Footy Boots Luke Ball wears?
I need to get some boots for my 10 year old son , and he wants to wear the same type/brand as Luke Ball.

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I'm pretty sure he wears white asics...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

when he went to Xavier and played in the firsts, he used Black puma (im 99% sure), but now he wears white asics.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

White asics.

10 year olds might be called gay for wearing white boots. I'm not sure what modern 10 year olds are like...but in my day. white boots=gay.

esaint66
SS Life Member

brown-coat wrote:Image
White asics.

10 year olds might be called gay for wearing white boots. I'm not sure what modern 10 year olds are like...but in my day. white boots=gay.

what the ...... there not white asics. there white reeboks havent you seen the ads he used to/still does for reebok.

vergs
Club Player

I think Bally might be wearing Xblades this season. Reebok has been his sponsor in previous years.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote: White asics.

Nah, white boots are all that and then some nowadays, if you wear black boots you are likely to get called a dork, anything goes with todays youth, the metro fad has swept the nation, it is disgusting :roll: :roll:

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
esaint66
SS Life Member

Armoooo wrote:
brown-coat wrote: White asics.

Nah, white boots are all that and then some nowadays, if you wear black boots you are likely to get called a dork, anything goes with todays youth, the metro fad has swept the nation, it is disgusting :roll: :roll:

hahah yeh so true i wear black boots and anyone whos game enough to call me a dork better watch out.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote: 10 year olds might be called gay for wearing white boots. I'm not sure what modern 10 year olds are like...but in my day. white boots=gay.
not any more
black boots are pretty boring these days, you go for the ones that stand out more!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
brown-coat wrote: 10 year olds might be called gay for wearing white boots. I'm not sure what modern 10 year olds are like...but in my day. white boots=gay.
not any more
black boots are pretty boring these days, you go for the ones that stand out more!
Quite sad really, you can have bright pink boots on, you still aren't going to stand out as much as the kid who got 40 touches and 5 goals...

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Anyone see the bright orange numbers that Fevola adopted on the weekend? :shock:

They walk amongst us...

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

One of the photos on the West of Moorabbin site from last weekends game has a group of Saints players & every one has on white boots. So much for standing out. :wink: :lol:

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:One of the photos on the West of Moorabbin site from last weekends game has a group of Saints players & every one has on white boots. So much for standing out. :wink: :lol:
I think it used to be about standing out, but now people just get them because it looks good, personally I have always loved black pumas with the thick white stripe thing... Players that want to stand out nowadays usually go for yellow (akka) or orange (fev)...

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I like colour co-ordination so black or white or even red are fine by me. As long as they match the uniform. Even Harves wears the white boots nowadays.

Russman
Club Player

Thanks for your responses guys.
I think I'll give the white ones a miss.
The guy who serverd my wife at the shop reckoned he wears Reebok , because he came in for a reebok promo.
Anyway my son ended up with puma , which he is happy with.
Cheers
Andrew

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

He's in good company with Puma.

Harvey, Dal Santo and Hayes all wear Puma.

You can see some of the players, boots n' all, here.
http://www.gspimages.com.au/photography ... b_code=all

S.A Saint
Club Player

Now days it seems that everyone is wearing white boots or coloured ones, personally im still old school and prefer to wear my coppa mondial boots when im playing soccer.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

SA Saint, that avatar is ridiculously oversize!!

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

iv been an asics wearer for years (both runners and boots)

due to poor boot results in my last two purchases i am likely to be making the change - the boots have got very poor support on the heel = shocking blisters...thought i was by myself but others have complained about blisters after wearing their asic boots.

the asic runners are fantastic but when i went to get a new pair the shoe man made me try on some paramount sauconys and they felt fantastic!

in terms of new boots im leaning towards puma without doing any research what so ever.

esaint66
SS Life Member

HSVKing wrote:Anyone see the bright orange numbers that Fevola adopted on the weekend? :shock:

yeh they were so bad him and mark murphy both cahnged boots during the game :lol:

esaint66
SS Life Member

SaintBot wrote:iv been an asics wearer for years (both runners and boots)

due to poor boot results in my last two purchases i am likely to be making the change - the boots have got very poor support on the heel = shocking blisters...thought i was by myself but others have complained about blisters after wearing their asic boots.

the asic runners are fantastic but when i went to get a new pair the shoe man made me try on some paramount sauconys and they felt fantastic!

in terms of new boots im leaning towards puma without doing any research what so ever.

yeh my mate used to get really bad blisters from asics boot but then again once you wear them in there the best for your feet because they dont have that rolling soul.