Front of Inside Football - new guernsey?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Front of Inside Football - new guernsey?

On the front of the IF this week, there is the inecitable King Vs Blake "score to settle", but has anyone noticed it has King in a red jumper with a white and black stripe down the middle, complete with full AFL and sponsor logos?

Is the the IF being lazy and usinga training pic, or do we have anew clashie after all?

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

That'd be the intra-club game top.

aussiejones
Club Player

King Vs Blake "score to settle", = lazy beat up

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Worthwhile interest. Like Fiora vs Richmond, or any player against their old club. Doubly so for King with the events transpiring around last years grand final.

It's more of interest to Geelong and neutral supporters than it is to us though.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Front of Inside Football - new guernsey?

riccardo wrote:On the front of the IF this week, there is the inecitable King Vs Blake "score to settle", but has anyone noticed it has King in a red jumper with a white and black stripe down the middle, complete with full AFL and sponsor logos?

Is the the IF being lazy and usinga training pic, or do we have anew clashie after all?
While I have been one of those most vocal on the issue of a new clash jumper I would be far less than impressed if we went with that, I imagine they were just intra club tops, but I don't understand why they didn't use the training jerseys which they have in both white and black :? :shock:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

there's a picture in this thread
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=40206

pretty sure it would be because there wouldn't be many photos of Kingy on the saints jumper yet.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
esaint66
SS Life Member

Re: Front of Inside Football - new guernsey?

riccardo wrote:On the front of the IF this week, there is the inecitable King Vs Blake "score to settle", but has anyone noticed it has King in a red jumper with a white and black stripe down the middle, complete with full AFL and sponsor logos?

yeh thats the clash jumper and im gussing that there just using that ebcause there are hardly any pictures of kingy in the normal jumper.

but then again they could have used pictures from the richmond game.

ttufc7
Club Player

While I have been one of those most vocal on the issue of a new clash jumper I would be far less than impressed if we went with that, I imagine they were just intra club tops, but I don't understand why they didn't use the training jerseys which they have in both white and black
The training tops in black and white that you are referring to are actually just training singlets not guernseys the main difference being that they are actually a lightwieght material running singlet whereas the red guernseys are just like your everyday football jumper. They wouldn't have used the singlets for the intra club because there is no way they would hold up if grabbed in a tackle (Although it might have made the game more interesting for the female suppoters :D )
yeh thats the clash jumper and im gussing that there just using that ebcause there are hardly any pictures of kingy in the normal jumper.

but then again they could have used pictures from the richmond game.
Are you sure of this? I thought that they would just be used as the training guernseys for this year. Last year the boys wore those jumpers with the halo on them in the intra club match and they were then used for training guernseys for the rest of the year.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I am pretty sure that they wont be the clash jumper, I don't think they have decided on 2009's apparel yet...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!