Where did the suggestion that Riewoldt had done an ACL come?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

DownAtTheJunction wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:If you think about it is possible the origonal poster of this thread started the rumour/suggestion. Which could've been his intention all along.
Thanks for the welcome to saintsational, ausfatcat. I am a first time poster, who carefully read the etiquette required of members. I have tried to be balanced in my arguments, presenting the facts as I know them.
I would prefer that you respected other points of view, and not cast suspicion without basis. After 2843 posts you should be setting a good standard for others.
So which media outlet do you work for?

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

DownAtTheJunction wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:If you think about it is possible the origonal poster of this thread started the rumour/suggestion. Which could've been his intention all along.
Thanks for the welcome to saintsational, ausfatcat. I am a first time poster, who carefully read the etiquette required of members. I have tried to be balanced in my arguments, presenting the facts as I know them.
I would prefer that you respected other points of view, and not cast suspicion without basis. After 2843 posts you should be setting a good standard for others.

If you have been around the forum a bit you would know that there have been many many trolls trying to stir people up and spread rumours and they are always people with low posts and joined up on the day they posted these rumours, as you have with this post. So I am a little hesitant to believe you espeacially with your instantance on keep calling it suspicious situation after two days ignoring any sensiblities if this was actually the case people would've seen him on crutches sometime over the last month (he's been very visible lately) and the fact there is no benefit for the club in hiding this if true.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

GeorgeYoung27 wrote:Matthew Drain rang 3AW tonight to say that rooey trained yesterday and will again tomorrow. Slight chance he will play Saturday but more likely next week, especially if we win.
Thanks for that info.

Lyon said before the game last week that Rooey would have played had it been a final, so he can't be too far off.

They wouldn't be hiding an ACL - you've either torn it or you haven't. You can't hide it.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt had some cartilege problems when he started at St Kilda. Could it be that this has flared again?

The Herald Sun reported last week that he had knee tendonitis, which as I mentioned in a previous post, is a bugger of a complaint - very painful, and reduces a player's ability to do a lot of running. Sav Rocca suffered from it during the middle of his career and it really affected his form.

It's a good thing we recruited Charlie Gardiner, who can do all that hard running that we're used to seeing from Riewoldt, because if the tendonitis doesn't settle, Riewoldt will have to modify his playing style to manage the injury.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

its no the end of the world because we coul possibly sacrifice gardiners game to play a tim boyle like role as the hit up forwar to gain good meters...

roo is damn dangerous inside 50 and it might not be the worst thing ever to happen...cause could play the second hit up role with roo and g parked in the 50...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt worry not so drastic
Michael Gleeson | February 21, 2008
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/r ... 84970.html

WHILE football's rumours mill dictates that Nick Riewoldt is either undergoing knee reconstruction or missing the first eight weeks of the season, St Kilda insists the case is nothing so drastic.

The club says Riewoldt has tendonitis of the knee and nothing more. It says that while he will not play this week, he should play the weekend after.There is some suggestion that he has a minor strain of his anterior cruciate ligament but this is significantly different to a tear of the ligament and can be managed.

He is able to train fully and pain only appears when he attempts long kicks. The pain is not expected to unduly affect his season.

...then more on Raph's collapse.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

as I said in another thread, lets just see how he is travelling next week (which is when they expect he will play...) until then lets ignore the trolls

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
DownAtTheJunction wrote:

If you have been around the forum a bit you would know that there have been many many trolls trying to stir people up and spread rumours and they are always people with low posts and joined up on the day they posted these rumours, as you have with this post. So I am a little hesitant to believe you espeacially with your instantance on keep calling it suspicious situation after two days ignoring any sensiblities if this was actually the case people would've seen him on crutches sometime over the last month (he's been very visible lately) and the fact there is no benefit for the club in hiding this if true.
In truth, I have been an infrequent reader of saintsational, but wanted to start contributing. I was unaware of the'low poster/rumour' problem.
My intent (and I am not a journalist) was to raise debate about an issue.
As a Saint supporter I'd be delighted if Riewoldt's injury is minor, and being appropriately managed. And I have to say, that does appear to be the case.

GrumpyOne

N. Riewoldt - 2 weeks. :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

hehehehhe
just to prove it's all rumour :!!!!!!
http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/43708

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

yeah he has done a ACL

YET HE IS RUNNING AROUND FINE

he will be out for another week or two i would think

savatage
SS Life Member

ralphysaints35 wrote:yeah he has done a ACL

YET HE IS RUNNING AROUND FINE

he will be out for another week or two i would think
Hey don't joke around about that sh*t mate! Lenny Hayes was running around fine the game he did it, as did good old Jason Traianidis in the VFL one year! :)

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Ah Ok....

he looks fit, i think he is fine.........

savatage
SS Life Member

ralphysaints35 wrote:Ah Ok....

he looks fit, i think he is fine.........
I was being sarcastic! All is good dude!

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

haha!

lenny done his knee and found out the next day!

rooey's Rumour has been around for a week so i think its all false!

rooey looks great bring on '08

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I was told on the Wednesday before the Richmond game that a rumour was spreading about it.

I couldn't believe anything wasn't on here.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:haha!

lenny done his knee and found out the next day!

rooey's Rumour has been around for a week so i think its all false!

nah the rumour is several days old but he did his knee today. :lol:

savatage
SS Life Member

ralphysaints35 wrote:
That should've been this year's membership slogan!

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

haha yeah!

dont ya love rumours!