TV this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussiejones
Club Player

TV this week

Anybody know if its on Foxtel ?

thanks

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Other threads on this, but yes, it is.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

why isn't it on free-to-air?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:why isn't it on free-to-air?
beats me

the two melbourne matches are on fta and the two interstate games on foxtel

= lower game attendances for the melbourne games and lower audience ratings for channel 7/10

aussiejones
Club Player

Foxtel you need Sports option activated at $ 17.95 for a month.

Worth it just to see our boys !!!!!!!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i wont be watching the game this w/e because im going away for the w/e, but if i was you and i didnt have fox i would go to a local pub or TAB and ask if they are showing the game!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Solar
Saintsational Legend

not the point, it's a bug bear of mine that they put the interstate games (t's the preseason FFS!) that contain victorian teams on foxtel and the ones playing down the road on free to air. I'm sorry but that is just not good enough....

yes I'll head down to the nearest pub but still it's a disgrace. Get an idea AFL!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:not the point, it's a bug bear of mine that they put the interstate games (t's the preseason FFS!) that contain victorian teams on foxtel and the ones playing down the road on free to air. I'm sorry but that is just not good enough....

yes I'll head down to the nearest pub but still it's a disgrace. Get an idea AFL!
The AFL dont pick who covers games. The TV stations do.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:not the point, it's a bug bear of mine that they put the interstate games (t's the preseason FFS!) that contain victorian teams on foxtel and the ones playing down the road on free to air. I'm sorry but that is just not good enough....

The AFL dont pick who covers games. The TV stations do.
The AFL run the game, easy thing to do is bring the TV stations in and "suggest" that free to air needs to show these games, especially during preseason when victorian teams are looking too boost membership. It's strange what what you can get when asked, got a strange feeling looking after victorian fans is not high on the agenda.....

And next time the rights come up make sure that victorian teams are shown free to air when playing interstate, even if it's delayed!

But don't mind me, I know it's soooo not the AFL's fault.... *yawn* keep the cut and paste going plugger66, your very predictable.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure that the TV stations want the best rating games in the times when the ratings can be maximised.

Friday and Saturday nights are the picks.

The St Kilda - Geelong match would clearly rate higher than the Hawthorn - Carlton or Bombers - Bulldogs match.

The trouble is that both St Kilda and Geelong played in Victoria last weekend. The Hawks, Blues, Bulldogs and Bombers played interstate. So they must play in Melbourne this weekend which leaves the St Kilda - Geelong game to be scheduled at Canberra. Manuka Oval, of course, does not have lights and is unable to host a match for Saturday night.

Hence the reason that ten are covering the Carlton - Hawthorn match.

Not that easy to schedule a draw that keeps everyone happy.