David Armitage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

F_Q_F
Club Player

David Armitage

What do you guys think of about using Armitage in a run with role this season?

While Bakes is out of the team I think we need a player that can go with the oppositions key midfielders and i think Armo would be a good replacement.
From the couple of games i've seen of him he looks like he is a tough player, great tackler and pretty competitive.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

a waste

hAyES
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:a waste
Agree. He's too good in close to waste on shutting someone down.

busso mick
Club Player

It looked like he was shadowing Foley on Friday and I think he can play a negating role while he learns the game. He is a strong tackler and following an opposition playmaker will lead him to the ball. I reckon that is what Lyon will want him to do in the remaining NAB/practice games. A crack at Bartel might be on the cards this week.

nebulousdog

leigh fisher, sean dempster are both options to fill in a following role in place of baker. IMHO Armitage is being underutilised a bit, although I reckon Geary was perhaps even more impressive on Friday night.

Proud Sponsor of Gilbo and Geary 2008
Proud Sponsor of Raph, Steven, Heyne and Tungatalum 2009
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

busso mick wrote:It looked like he was shadowing Foley
Birss was on Foley. Agree that Armitage's offensive body work, tackling, shepherds and screens will be one of the best in the AFL. Not really suited to a run-with role, but can play a negating role at stoppages.

We have quite a few tagging type players, guys like Birss, Dempster, L. Fisher and even Blake will be suitable replacements. Hopefully Attard will be back in action for us in '09 too.

Baker is an experienced guy and I believe we will play him a lot more offensively as seen in patches last year.