thoughts on young players in the nab cup

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

big_mac_evoy5
Club Player

thoughts on young players in the nab cup

the only good thing about nab cup is seeing our young talent and i am actually excited to see the game tommoz night i want to see eddy geary and miles but my favourite would be armitage my tip to take number 4 him or bally.

how do u thing the young guys will go??? personally i think armitage will break ito the 22 and i think geary is a chance. because i can see raph going out and mayby milne but he might stay in because they were talking about roating schneider through the wing and midfeild

saints for the flag armitage for rising start
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Geary is ahead of Armitage at the moment. Armo has more potential than any other mid in our side though, it's just up to him to take it to the next level of intensity.

Raph is set for a big year, it's time for him to deliver on his promised potential, or face the chop/trade table.

Our rookies in Eddy, Miles, and Chivers are likely to play, as is Allen (source: plugger66 in the squad thread). Of course we've already seen McQualter but hopefully he can kick things up a notch too - perhaps he can have the job on Foley.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Geary is ahead of Armitage at the moment. Armo has more potential than any other mid in our side though, it's just up to him to take it to the next level of intensity.

Raph is set for a big year, it's time for him to deliver on his promised potential, or face the chop/trade table.

Our rookies in Eddy, Miles, and Chivers are likely to play, as is Allen (source: plugger66 in the squad thread). Of course we've already seen McQualter but hopefully he can kick things up a notch too - perhaps he can have the job on Foley.
Why is Geary ahead of Armo. Would have thought they both did fairly well last year at Scorps and Armo did play 3 AFL games.

big_mac_evoy5
Club Player

the list was named and allen wasn't names which i am shattered about the club has massive raps on him they think he has the potential to be a sam fisher but both ends very versitile and chivers didn't either look at west of moorabin has the full team on there

saints for the flag armitage for rising start
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

big_mac_evoy5 wrote:the list was named and allen wasn't names which i am shattered about the club has massive raps on him they think he has the potential to be a sam fisher but both ends very versitile and chivers didn't either look at west of moorabin has the full team on there
English please.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
big_mac_evoy5 wrote:the list was named and allen wasn't names which i am shattered about the club has massive raps on him they think he has the potential to be a sam fisher but both ends very versitile and chivers didn't either look at west of moorabin has the full team on there
English please.
lovey lovey long time $2 $2

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Why is Geary ahead of Armo. Would have thought they both did fairly well last year at Scorps and Armo did play 3 AFL games.
Geary is a better player at present in my opinion, but both will come up well this year. Different kinds of players so they're not wholly comparable.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't mind seeing Birss on Foley again because I rate Birss as a possible 22 player in '08 even if it is only a rotation off the bench...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

GIVE THE KIDS A RUN.

*who are the kids*

/totally out of the loop.

RBnW
Club Player

watch Geary tonight.....he will be a gun.... :wink: :wink:

Our best is yet
to come......
saintbart
Club Player

Its VR that I'm looking forward to the most tonight.

Was very impressive in the intra-club, and is a massive size.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I just wish they had their names on their backs ala one day cricket, so I'd know who all the new ones are!

I don't like refering to team sheets to see what number is what player etc....

It is the nab crap afterall, where normal rules are designed to be broken!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:I just wish they had their names on their backs ala one day cricket, so I'd know who all the new ones are!

I don't like refering to team sheets to see what number is what player etc....

It is the nab crap afterall, where normal rules are designed to be broken!
Get to know the players numbers and you'll be right :wink: