Frankston Grandstand up in flames...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ice Wolf
Club Player

riccardo wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:Hope they had insurance.

If so could be a smart insurance job, leave some fuel and matches lying around and let some deros do the job for you. j/k
I have knowledge of insurance and, as you may know, deliberatly causing or contributing to a fire results in a dishonoured claim and possible legal action.

If you start it, you aint covered for it.
Exactly thats why i said they could have 'accidentally' left some flammable material and a few matches lying around, and then some deros completely unrelated to the council/football club set it alight as an act of vandalism/arson cause they were bored.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Eastern wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Are you implying something
Where were you at 2.30 this morning ? :wink: :roll: :wink: !!
Seeing my supplier and getting my bitches to work. What about you hey?
Me, I was at home busy counting all the money I'm going to save by NOT buying drinks on Friday Night :lol: :wink: !!

iceman
Club Player

For those who may have never seen the grandstand, the Frankston football club has it pictured on their banner on the main page.

http://www.frankstonfc.com.au

Its a bit hard to see, but you can kind of see how much of an 'icon' it would have been.

casey scorp
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Are you implying something casey scorp?
I'm not implying anything at all. The police have cited arson. I don't think that anyone associated with St Kilda (the major beneficiary as I see it) would have had anything whatsoever to do with burning down the grandstand. To have done so (and I'm not even suggesting it was considered) would have been a very high risk strategy, and any risk manager would tell you that, even with a low likliehood of being caught, the catastophic consequences to reputation etc for an AFL club would result in it being an approach to be avoided.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

It was a beautiful old grandstand sitting magnificently in all its glory on show as people made the trek up Kars St. Can't imagine what it looks like at the moment. I was very upset to hear the news this morning & don't find any humour in the jokes or implications.

Homeless people have been known to sleep under the grandstand so it wouldn't surprise me if it was started by a discarded match or cigarette. Must have gone up very quickly as the fire station would only be 500 metres away.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

snoopygirl wrote:It was a beautiful old grandstand sitting magnificently in all its glory on show as people made the trek up Kars St. Can't imagine what it looks like at the moment. I was very upset to hear the news this morning & don't find any humour in the jokes or implications.

Homeless people have been known to sleep under the grandstand so it wouldn't surprise me if it was started by a discarded match or cigarette. Must have gone up very quickly as the fire station would only be 500 metres away.
i went down this morning snoopygirl and it was terrible. i have 1 picture on my phine but i have no idea how to upload it due to my lack of technological brains

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

DW, I saw enough photos on the Dolphins website. Horrible images & must be heartbreaking for those involved with the club.

sainta
Club Player

I have some info regarding what happened due to my work... A squatter was evicted by police from the stadium in the early hours of the morning only to return again. The second time the police saw a small fire in that area and went to report it but due to the grandstand being so old half of it was on fire in the time it took him to report and have the fire fighters there. I know a lot of work has been done to try to keep the squatters out but they find a way in again.

I know of late there has been a problem with squatters in the area living in abandoned homes and causing fires also.

RBnW
Club Player

This is sad that it has happened, does anyone know if it will delay what we are doing at Frankston....I hope not.... :roll: :roll:

Our best is yet
to come......
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Are Frankston called the "Penninsula Dolphins" now?

Thats weak, comprable to "Western Bulldogs" IMHO.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

no it is the Frankston Dolphins

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:no it is the Frankston Dolphins
Thats not what thier website banner says.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

iceman wrote:For those who may have never seen the grandstand, the Frankston football club has it pictured on their banner on the main page.

http://www.frankstonfc.com.au

Its a bit hard to see, but you can kind of see how much of an 'icon' it would have been.
there are also heaps of photos following the fire...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.