Kosi $67 for Coleman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

Kosi $67 for Coleman

Who is on this????

If he gets 4 goals a game like he did in intra club, that is 88 goals

Im gonna go down tomorrow and put $20 on it, i think he is a shoe in!!!

$81 for the brownlow- gonna put $20 on it. 88 goals in the year, a stint in the ruck, 15 marks a match, 20 odd possesion.

Lets go KOZIIIIIIIIIIII

esaint66
SS Life Member

haha nice batnoe
but from what ive heard ross was going to play him occasionaly in the ruck there for diminishing his chances for bags of goals, but stranger things have happened so i might just join you :D

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:from what ive heard ross was going to play him occasionaly in the ruck there for diminishing his chances for bags of goals
hope not. he's going to be too important to us putting a score on the board and will take enormous pressure off roo and fraser, freeing them up to wreak absolute havoc.

we have adequete ruck stocks to give kosi the chance he deserves at nailing down a key position

esaint66
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
saint edward wrote:from what ive heard ross was going to play him occasionaly in the ruck there for diminishing his chances for bags of goals
hope not. he's going to be too important to us putting a score on the board and will take enormous pressure off roo and fraser, freeing them up to wreak absolute havoc.

we have adequete ruck stocks to give kosi the chance he deserves at nailing down a key position

yeh my thoughts exactly but the thing is me and you arnt the coach ross is :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi $67 for Coleman

Batnoe wrote:Who is on this????

$81 for the brownlow- gonna put $20 on it. 88 goals in the year, a stint in the ruck, 15 marks a match, 20 odd possesion.

Lets go KOZIIIIIIIIIIII
Not sure we play the Scorps every week.

Batnoe

Doesn't it sound so much better when we don't have to use him in the ruck... i know he is good all around the ground but with a proper ruck division the big Koz can play anywhere

Also when he does play in the middle, both Gardiner and King are capable of stretching anyones defence, exciting things to come Sainters

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Doesn't it sound so much better when we don't have to use him in the ruck... i know he is good all around the ground but with a proper ruck division the big Koz can play anywhere

Also when he does play in the middle, both Gardiner and King are capable of stretching anyones defence, exciting things to come Sainters
Gardiner and King will not strech other sides defence to far because if they are ever playing forward we are in trouble. Neither can lead and neither can take a contested mark. Ruckmen only.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:exciting things to come Sainters

couldnt agree more :D :D

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:

bring it on

esaint66
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
saint edward wrote:

bring it on

im starting to twitch :lol:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi $67 for Coleman

Batnoe wrote:Who is on this????

Lets go KOZIIIIIIIIIIII
Just remember where to send my 20% 8-) :wink: !!

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Kosi $67 for Coleman
That's worth putting $20 on :)

woooosaints
Club Player

no chance id rather put money on milne to win kosi wont be played as a permanent FF why waste cash

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

woooosaints wrote:kosi wont be played as a permanent FF
a mistake if that happens, i think.

we need to look at life post-gehrig and kosi deserves a shot at a key position.

i've no doubt that a forward line containing 3 Divas - kosi, fraser and roo - can be made to work so long as the delivery to them is quick and direct.

and think of the crumbing opportunities for milne and schneider.

we'll have many reliable and consistent avenues to goal, something we lacked last year

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
woooosaints wrote:kosi wont be played as a permanent FF
a mistake if that happens, i think.

we need to look at life post-gehrig and kosi deserves a shot at a key position.

i've no doubt that a forward line containing 3 Divas - kosi, fraser and roo - can be made to work so long as the delivery to them is quick and direct.

and think of the crumbing opportunities for milne and schneider.

we'll have many reliable and consistent avenues to goal, something we lacked last year
We lacked good use of the ball from our mids last year which caused poor delivery to our forwards. The set up of the forward wasnt the problem it was due to Ballys injury, Lenny not quite at his best due to coming back from injury and depth of the midfield. That was more of a problem than the forward line and if that doesnt improve this year then the forwards will still struggle however the forward line is set up.

asiu

containing 3 Divas
:)

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We lacked good use of the ball from our mids last year which caused poor delivery to our forwards. The set up of the forward wasnt the problem it was due to Ballys injury, Lenny not quite at his best due to coming back from injury and depth of the midfield. That was more of a problem than the forward line and if that doesnt improve this year then the forwards will still struggle however the forward line is set up.
i agree that the midfield needs to be better, too.

it will benefit enormously from having many reliable avenues to goal rather than just "kick it to roo".

the club has an opportunity here to stretch opposition defences to their absolute limit and we should not miss it

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I might grab the AFL prospectus and use the free $40 bet on Kosi's Coleman.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

I love Kosi and he's a great strong presence and a great pack mark but if he wins the coleman i'll eat my hat.

I'll be wrapped if the big guy can snare 50 this year with other solid contributions from G ROO MILNE SCHNEIDER

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

id rather put money on stkilda being the highest scoring team this season

gehrig, milne, schneider and riewoldt will kick to many of the teams goals for koschitzke to be a genuine coleman threat

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We lacked good use of the ball from our mids last year which caused poor delivery to our forwards. The set up of the forward wasnt the problem it was due to Ballys injury, Lenny not quite at his best due to coming back from injury and depth of the midfield. That was more of a problem than the forward line and if that doesnt improve this year then the forwards will still struggle however the forward line is set up.

can't we add gilbert, gram and baker (when he's available) to the midfield rotations to see if that doesn't shake things up a little? we have the depth to cover them in defence and, as you say, the midfield is an area for concern

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

can't we add gilbert, gram and baker (when he's available) to the midfield rotations to see if that doesn't shake things up a little? we have the depth to cover them in defence and, as you say, the midfield is an area for concern
We can add them but I really doubt Gram and Gilberts ability to be true midfeilders. Baker does it as a tagger now.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I really doubt Gram and Gilberts ability to be true midfeilders. Baker does it as a tagger now.
in which areas would you consider them to be deficient?

endurance? strength? skills? disposal? ball-winning ability? too tall? surely not too slow.

i think it would be worth a shot to find out. imo gilbert, in particular, could be very good in there
Last edited by bigcarl on Wed 13 Feb 2008 10:17am, edited 2 times in total.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

IMO this year we have a far better looking midfield than last year's...
Lenny Fit > Lenny Recovering
Ball Fit (Hopefully) >>>> Ball Playing Injured
Dal Santo (3rd man in midfield) >>> Dal Santo (1st Man In Midfield)
Montagna Already at that level from round 1 >>> Montagna Stepping up
All those players can quite easily find a target,
Then add in midfield rotations from the likes of Gram, Xavier, L.Fisher, Baker, Schneider, Goddard, Gilbert, Geary etc.

We have quite a nice looking midfield, they most definitely have the skill and ability, I can't comment on their fitness as of yet (which was our BIGGEST weakness last year) and there is a lot of strong leadership in there as well.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I really doubt Gram and Gilberts ability to be true midfeilders. Baker does it as a tagger now.
in which areas would you consider them to be deficient?

endurance? strength? skills? disposal? ball-winning ability? too tall? surely not too slow.

i think it would be worth a shot to find out. imo gilbert, in particular, could be very good in there
Gilbert may have pace around the ground but wouldnt be smart enough or quick enough with his hands and mind to be amidfielder IMO. Grammy would be a very outside midfielder who could do the job briefly but in the real heat of battle would struggle IMO. We need Armo to come on and Geary. They are true midfielders.