Thomas to take Saints to court - The Age 30/1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

so basically he is suing the club to pay butters' back...after butters' sacked him...

i used to admire gt even shortly after his sacking....even through last year during his short stint in the media...however not now...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:so basically he is suing the club to pay butters' back...after butters' sacked him...

i used to admire gt even shortly after his sacking....even through last year during his short stint in the media...however not now...
I think you are right.

Thomas's ego is as big as his guts!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
If his original contract was not precise...why not???? Remember that GT was the one who sad he was expert in this area. It makes one shudder now for the contracts drawn up by GT for the players under his watch.

If his own contract was poorly worded and he had "expert' Knowledge in this area surely he should bare some of the responsibility for it's shortcomings. Or is this just now the "expert" at working seeking to exploit known by him "shortcomings"?
Name one contract that Thomas drew up?

What a stupid, stupid post.

Even for you.
A little diversion here???.

It would appear that you do not acknowledge what was public knowledge...GT demanded that he oversee all contract negotiations with players including their contracts.

GT did the contracts of not just the players, but trainers etc too.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 70,00.html
Thomas had attempted to mould football - and St Kilda with it - into an utterly new shape. He would not employ a football operations manager. He would take care of those responsibilities. Included in that were player contracts.

Whether GT did or did not draw up the contracts or have someone else do the initial legwork in this area is irrelevant. He had to sign off on it and understand it.....more than understand it he had to manage it. Or are you saying Rodg that GT signed off for the club on contracts with no understanding of what he was signing or negotating, or the implications of same?

He demanded responsibility and accountability in this area...and if he was not up to the task he should not have been doing it.

If he was not capable of it, it would be a clear example of his neglience of him insisting to take resposnibility for something he should not have and in particular when the Club was seeking to make an appointment in this area.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
If his original contract was not precise...why not???? Remember that GT was the one who sad he was expert in this area. It makes one shudder now for the contracts drawn up by GT for the players under his watch.

If his own contract was poorly worded and he had "expert' Knowledge in this area surely he should bare some of the responsibility for it's shortcomings. Or is this just now the "expert" at working seeking to exploit known by him "shortcomings"?
Name one contract that Thomas drew up?

What a stupid, stupid post.

Even for you.
A little diversion here???.
Huh?? Diversion?? From what?

I just noticed that as usual, you climb up on your pedestal and type a huge pile of droppings - with little fact.

If you're going to pretend to be an expert on every topic football, you have to expect to be pulled up for writing lies and rubbish.
saintsRrising wrote: It would appear that you do not acknowledge what was public knowledge...GT demanded that he oversee all contract negotiations with players including their contracts.

GT did the contracts of not just the players, but trainers etc too.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 70,00.html
Thomas had attempted to mould football - and St Kilda with it - into an utterly new shape. He would not employ a football operations manager. He would take care of those responsibilities. Included in that were player contracts.
GT did the negotiations. He didn't 'draw up' contracts. Very, very different things.

saintsRrising wrote: Whether GT did or did not draw up the contracts or have someone else do the initial legwork in this area is irrelevant. He had to sign off on it and understand it.....more than understand it he had to manage it. Or are you saying Rodg that GT signed off for the club on contracts with no understanding of what he was signing or negotating, or the implications of same?
All I'm saying you simpleton, is that you either lied in your post, or are ignorant on the topic. Either way, you shouldn't have opened your trap.
saintsRrising wrote: He demanded responsibility and accountability in this area...and if he was not up to the task he should not have been doing it.

If he was not capable of it, it would be a clear example of his neglience of him insisting to take resposnibility for something he should not have and in particular when the Club was seeking to make an appointment in this area.
I demand lots of things. Whether I get them or not is a totally different thing. My kids insist on lots of things, whether they get them is a different story.

Who is negligent if I give my kids exactly what they wany and it doesn't work out? Them, or me?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:What this proves is a complete lack of process by the previous administration. RB had an arrangement with GT full of holes, which make these sorts of situations possible.
This sums it up I reckon. Lack of quality and clarity in the process = lack of clarity in the result. Add a twist of personal bitterness and a huge dollop of warring egos and it ends up in court.
Distracting for Westaway and the team and unfortunate for the club.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Grant Thomas did a contract with me a few years ago. Never paid up. I'm still waiting. Should I sue the St Kilda Football Club too?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Who is negligent if I give my kids exactly what they wany and it doesn't work out? Them, or me?
You....and particulary if you had no basis to do so....or should have realised in advance that it would have been harmful to them.

If however it is something that they may well have been capable of doing, but it does not work out it is not negligence.

However all parents make mistakes....all people make mistakes, all organisations make mistakes.

A good parent or organisation acts when they realise that they have made a mistake.

Sometimes a parent drags the chain and rectifies their mistake too slowly.....others just keep a blind eye turned.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 30 Jan 2008 11:44am, edited 1 time in total.

Saints94
SS Life Member

What a great way to repay us :evil:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

All I'm saying you simpleton, is that you either lied in your post, or are ignorant on the topic. Either way, you shouldn't have opened your trap.
Interesting turn of phrase Rodger.

I did not lie and have explained what I wrote. Just because you choose to use a different definition than I, does not make me a liar.

I am more than happy to discuss an issue or debate a point, but if you just want to call "names' I fail to see the point.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
A good parent or organisation acts when they realise that they have made a mistake.

Sometimes a parent drags the chain and rectifies their mistake too slowly.....others just keep a blind eye turned.
It doesn't make you a good organisation because you act when you realise you've made a mistake.

What makes you a good organisation is not making mistakes in the first place, or not waiting 5 years before realising you've made a mistake.

Or, realising you've made a mistake and 'rectifying' it at a terribly bad time, for the wrong reasons.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
chook23 wrote:does not prove Club knows he is clearly owed.
You don't just offer $100,000 for nothing.

Clearly, the club knows he's owed some money. There's just a difference over how much.
Once again you are showing your complete lack of business experience.....you dont have a clue about this stuff.....sometimes you will pay to make it go away or not have more legal costs........even if you are right.... :oops:
ROFL...

Yeah, here's $100,000, for an apparantly dubious claim: now go away.

You are pure comedy gold.
JeffDunne wrote:He's not the first sacked coach to be in dispute with a club over money and he won't be the last.

I'm bored with the whole topic TBH
Likewise.

I think it's time for people to let it go at an emotional level - it's an issue between an employer and an ex-employee.

It just so happens that all of us are in the unusual position of being passionate about the employer, which is why so many are siding with their POV.

Whatever happens, I'm sure an appropriate form of justice will prevail.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

savatage
SS Life Member

If he needs money so badly, then he shouldn't have gotten sacked from the Age either. $1k a week.

JeffDunne

SENsaintsational wrote:Grant Thomas did a contract with me a few years ago. Never paid up. I'm still waiting. Should I sue the St Kilda Football Club too?
Do tell.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mabye Mr Thomas has a lot of bills to pay and his diminished cash flow since his coaching contract was terminated is not enough to service these debts?

I'm tipping this may be the case. I bet there is more to it than what is in the papers.

Oh BTW that is my opinion only and I dont have any late or inside mail, adnd I wouldn't like to lay odds on my suppositions.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Fair Dinkum!

This post was made 7 hours ago and NOTHING from barks4eva.

NOTHING....ZILCH....ZIPPO!

...anyway, back on topic.....indeed, screw GT - I hope he goes bankrupt.

What a prick.

Take the $100K and just piss off into the sunset you clown!

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:Fair Dinkum!

This post was made 7 hours ago and NOTHING from barks4eva.

NOTHING....ZILCH....ZIPPO!
Maybe someone stole the CTRL, 'C' and 'V' keys off his keyboard.....

8-) :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Maybe GT just misses the spotlight... he may go a bit 'Warwick Capper' on us yet.... :wink:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I can quite honestly and confidently say that I don't care.

Not one iota.

Not a skerrick.

Not an ounce.

Couldn't give a shiit.

And, I'm surprised that others do.

GrumpyOne

markp wrote:Maybe GT just misses the spotlight... he may go a bit 'Warwick Capper' on us yet.... :wink:
The thought of him in those shorts........ :shock:

markp
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
markp wrote:Maybe GT just misses the spotlight... he may go a bit 'Warwick Capper' on us yet.... :wink:
The thought of him in those shorts........ :shock:
Or worse... the x rated dvd :shock: :shock:

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

if he's owed the 100g fair enough...as for the rest he's claiming GET STUFFED
coaching is a 24hr aday 7 day aweek 52weeks ayr position...every coach worth his salt would treat it as such

if we give in to that how much is harvey worth in backpay....ie training out of season,doing extra away from the club in his own time,studying opponents in own time,thinking & working on his game 24hrs a day,7 days a week,52weeks a yr for 20 yrs

with barks on this one..tell him to stick the 160 grand up his arze

Batnoe

rodgerfox wrote:
killa_gram wrote:GT's a knob.
He also has a double chin.

and looks as if he has bad breath

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Question to stinger or any others in the legal fraternity..

Has a stat dec ever been found in court to be null and void cos it was "signed under pressure"??

I thought the whole point of getting them witnessed by a JP or similar (which is a joke really cso 1/2 the time the JP or pharmacist or whoever doesnt know you from a piece of soap) is to maek them watertight.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
markp
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
killa_gram wrote:GT's a knob.
He also has a double chin.

and looks as if he has bad breath
...and farts a lot.

I think we're getting a clearer picture of the man.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:if he's owed the 100g fair enough...as for the rest he's claiming GET STUFFED
coaching is a 24hr aday 7 day aweek 52weeks ayr position...every coach worth his salt would treat it as such
well said....

I particularly note this claim "and public holiday entitlements"....as rogerwa basically said.....when you are at that level getting paid that much...you do not get paid extra for working on public holidays.....it is taken as a given that you will be putting in well beyond normal hours and will put in the time required.

Indeed overtime, pay for extra days worked, public holidays or not etc are normally foreign concepts for anyone on such high salaries.

GT would have had his yearly package with no doubt bonuses for achieving KPI's (was there not a huge bonus if he did win a flag etc???).