M Gardiner Watch Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Richter
SS Life Member

fingers wrote:This is a good thread and sometimes there is a lot of repeating in threads.
Just thought that this was worth repeating.
fingers wrote:Sometimes there is a lot of repeating in threads.
Ooh! And this one.

:wink: :wink:

Keep up the good work sRs

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

An extract of an article spotted by n1ck of RL's observations....
n1ck wrote:Article in the age todcay too:

Lyon starts new year full of confidence
January 9, 2008 - 1:20PM

Most importantly for the Saints' on-field prospects, they overhauled their football department and so far appear to be finally making headway with their injury management.

Matt Maguire is back running, Michael Gardiner is training well and Brendon Goddard has had no setbacks in his comeback from a knee reconstruction.

"

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So lots of positive news at present.....but pre-season is always normallya time of spin....so how much is spin and how much is accurate????

But then again compared to last year......

fingers
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:So lots of positive news at present.....but pre-season is always normallya time of spin....so how much is spin and how much is accurate????

You're right - the difference I see this year is that guys are actually on the park.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:So lots of positive news at present.....but pre-season is always normallya time of spin....so how much is spin and how much is accurate????

You're right - the difference I see this year is that guys are actually on the park.
wen't they on the park last year pre season, and they got injured during the year? similar to the previous number of years.

remember luke ball saying last year that he did the preseason and it went well, and then look what happened.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
fingers wrote:

wen't they on the park last year pre season, and they got injured during the year? similar to the previous number of years.

remember luke ball saying last year that he did the preseason and it went well, and then look what happened.

Possibly - I seem to remember a number of guys doing very modified pre-seasons. But my memory aint what it used to be.

yipper
SS Life Member

I think you'll find that last pre-season there was:

No M.Gardner (inj)
Kosi - rehab
Goose - rehab
Lenny - rehab
Ball - rehab
Both Clarkes - inj
Rooey - did Hammy
Hamill - inj
Maxie - rehab
and i or 2 others.

This year appears markedly different - with the inclusion of fit new recruits and the full training of others.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

yipper wrote:I think you'll find that last pre-season there was:

No M.Gardner (inj)
Kosi - rehab
Goose - rehab
Lenny - rehab
Ball - rehab
Both Clarkes - inj
Rooey - did Hammy
Hamill - inj
Maxie - rehab
and i or 2 others.

This year appears markedly different - with the inclusion of fit new recruits and the full training of others.
The caveat I suppose is that while obviously good to remove those who are straight up injured, with the individual training programs it becomes difficult to tell who is truly coming good vs. rehab (i.e. Goddard, Goose, Gardiner).

Reports sound positive, but it's a case of one bitten twice shy, and we've been bitten repeatedly for years, so I'm not even going to speculate we're healthy until the warm reassuring optomism blanket of offseason optomism can be comfortably replaced by the round 1 lineup. For now I'm content.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Extract of a training report..
dan the saints fan wrote:hey all went down to moorabbin this morning there was a light skills and training session and some game plan stuff .
However none of this featured g or kosi . The other noticeable absentess where king gardner and no sign of goose ..

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I think a few people need to realise that the days of the entire senior group doing exactly the same training at exactly the same time, are gone forever.

I guess our run with injuries has created some suspicion, but for heavens sake, , Player X (no pun intended) not showing at training for one session or not doing full contact doesnt mean he's gonna miss the first 6 rounds ffs :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:I think a few people need to realise that the days of the entire senior group doing exactly the same training at exactly the same time, are gone forever.

I guess our run with injuries has created some suspicion, but for heavens sake, , Player X (no pun intended) not showing at training for one session or not doing full contact doesnt mean he's gonna miss the first 6 rounds ffs :roll:
Oh no the sky is falling in and we're all doomed !!!!!!

We're doomed !!!!! Doomed I tells ya !!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

You summed it up beautifully !!!!!!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Gardiner broke wind at approx. 8:52pm last night.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I think a few people need to realise that the days of the entire senior group doing exactly the same training at exactly the same time, are gone forever.

Not implying that at all.....was just recording what occured...or in this case what did not occur. :wink:

It has been stated earlier in the string by club officials that players have indvidual training programs and that in particular the taller players are training differently.

ie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 11,00.html

"The Saints big men - Justin Koschitzke, Fraser Gehrig, Michael Gardiner and recruit Steven King - also didn't do the 3km run and instead jogged around a near-by grassed oval. That was part of a new alternative program which has been devised to ensure they all get to the start of the season in perfect shape."

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Gardiner broke wind at approx. 8:52pm last night.
Was that before or after he did the dishes?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
This thread is for ground breaking facts only - do you have proof he did the dishes?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
st.byron wrote:
This thread is for ground breaking facts only - do you have proof he did the dishes?
Only a hearsay report from a neighbour who saw him through a window with soapy hands. It's not conclusive, no. He might have been doing some hand washing or preparing to carry out an operation.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Gardiner scratched his bag yesterday.

Cause it was itchy. No cause for concern.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

From another string..
Animal Enclosure wrote:I've very rarely ever used 'sources' in my posts but a very very reliable friend (with connections very high up in footy) spoke to the surgeon who operated on Gardiner's foot. The word was that Gardiner's foot problems are over (that just leaves his knees, etc!) & that he is working very nicely towards full fitness.

My slant on all this is that Gardiner is taking up one spot on the list & Lyon has made the call that he is a better option on the list than Brooks, Watts, etc. With the acquisition of King (& even McEvoy) to add to Rix, Kosi, etc means that Gardiner is not the saviour as some put it. If he can get fit & in form he will give us, potentially, a very handy 2nd ruckman.

Kosi can still play the 'Spider' role of around the ground, drifting forward as well as chipping in with some ruck duties as required.

Bottom line is that most of us are hoping that Gardiner can get fit and have some sort of an impact. Absolute bonus if he does.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Reading the training reports of 16 Jan M Gardiner trained lightly with a few laps and a little kicking.

Kosi by way of interest is also on an alternative program.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Gardiner scratched his bag yesterday.

yep, would have to be the most boring thread this site has ever had IMO...

A thread on a player that has done stuff all for four years and it had know gone onto it 10 page....

Utter crap IMO.......

FAIR DINKUM....

Lets start up a thread on some decent players and forget players that have not played a decent game since year dot...

Gee, Why don't we start a Rix watch thread and see if it beats this crap?

:roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Don't read it if you don't like it, its not like the title is ambiguous.
I for one am interested and enjoy it.
Keep it going.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:Gardiner scratched his bag yesterday.

yep, would have to be the most boring thread this site has ever had IMO...

A thread on a player that has done stuff all for four years and it had know gone onto it 10 page....

Utter crap IMO.......

FAIR DINKUM....

Lets start up a thread on some decent players and forget players that have not played a decent game since year dot...

Gee, Why don't we start a Rix watch thread and see if it beats this crap?

:roll:
You and Rodger do not have to post in it.....and it is a Forum...so please feel free to start other strings.

It is a lot easier to just throw crap and have cheap shots than to use a bit of imagination and start a string or two.

While you and Rodg seem to be anti-Gardiner there are many forumites including myself who are very interested in his progress and whether he can make it or not.

So if you are so against this string ....please just ignore it. It is that easy.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I am NOT "anti Gardiner"

but the 10 pages that this has produced it surely testament of the poster that has started it IMO...

So you are yet to decide "whether" he can make it????

Are you closer know than this time last year???

My guess is NO...

and the longer you "ponder" about it, the older he gets...

So sorry to interrupt your pondering, please continue with it....

I am sure it is an interesting read to some....

HANG ON! I JUST NOTICED HIM ENTERING THE 3RD CUBICLE AT THIS NITE CLUB...

Gee, would you like me to do an exclusive for you?? :roll:

FAIR DINKUM!

Please "ponder" and sorry for the interruption...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SrS and others keep posting. I have found it very interesting and like to know how Gardiner is going re fitness.

I am getting down to training in a couple of weeks so may even contribute to the thread in a meaningful way.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
jill
Club Player

I'm also interested in following how MG is going - what needs to happen is for the irrelevant posts to be wiped & for comments as to how MG is training/progressing/contributing be focused on.