entry into Friday night footy at the dome

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

entry into Friday night footy at the dome

hey guys Im planning on coming to melb in April (round 5 to be exact) just wanted to get some idea of what i got to do to get in to the game both the wife and myself will have our membership and we will be dragging my Geelong loving father-in-law along if we buy a ticket for him and we use our membership for entry does this mean we will be still able to sit together or will he have to buy 3 tickets to be able to sit together and if so what section do most of you guys sit in ?

also we are planning to take the old man to a Geelong game on the Saturday in Geelong what’s the best way to get to Geelong and does anyone know if its hard to get tickets to games there as my father-in-law has a Geelong membership and my wife and i will have to buy tickets ?

any help would be greatly appreciated

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: entry into Friday night footy at the dome

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:hey guys Im planning on coming to melb in April (round 5 to be exact) just wanted to get some idea of what i got to do to get in to the game both the wife and myself will have our membership and we will be dragging my Geelong loving father-in-law along if we buy a ticket for him and we use our membership for entry does this mean we will be still able to sit together or will he have to buy 3 tickets to be able to sit together and if so what section do most of you guys sit in ?

also we are planning to take the old man to a Geelong game on the Saturday in Geelong what’s the best way to get to Geelong and does anyone know if its hard to get tickets to games there as my father-in-law has a Geelong membership and my wife and i will have to buy tickets ?

if you have general membership, or reserve seating then just buy an extra ticket at the gate. and you all can sit on level 3.

as long as it is not a ticketed match.

go to level 3 sit in area aisle 35 and you will find most of saintsational people there.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote: hey guys Im planning on coming to melb in April (round 5 to be exact) just wanted to get some idea of what i got to do to get in to the game both the wife and myself will have our membership and we will be dragging my Geelong loving father-in-law along if we buy a ticket for him and we use our membership for entry does this mean we will be still able to sit together or will he have to buy 3 tickets to be able to sit together and if so what section do most of you guys sit in ?
Members get access to the public reserve...ie Level 3. So you can all sit there together without extr cost for the 2 memberships.

However watch out of the game is declared a fully ticketed one...if so you will need to pre-buy to be sure of getting in.
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: also we are planning to take the old man to a Geelong game on the Saturday in Geelong what’s the best way to get to Geelong and does anyone know if its hard to get tickets to games there as my father-in-law has a Geelong membership and my wife and i will have to buy tickets ?

Yes it is hard to get tickets even for cat fans. But I have not been to KP for a number of years.

I think you can pre-buy......but that just rocking up on the day would be risky.

You will want good info on this.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:hey guys Im planning on coming to melb in April (round 5 to be exact) just wanted to get some idea of what i got to do to get in to the game both the wife and myself will have our membership and we will be dragging my Geelong loving father-in-law along if we buy a ticket for him and we use our membership for entry does this mean we will be still able to sit together or will he have to buy 3 tickets to be able to sit together and if so what section do most of you guys sit in ?

if you have general membership, or reserve seating then just buy an extra ticket at the gate. and you all can sit on level 3.

go to level 3 sit in area aisle 35 and you will find most of saintsational people there.
the wife and myself just have the basic interstate membership that entitles us to 5 home games at the dome
with it being a friday night game against Essendon is it likely to be a ticketed game only and if soo how do i go about getting into the game then ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Will probably depend on how the Dons start the year.

If they are crap....not fully ticketed.

If they start well (not likely) then probably fully ticketed.

If ticketed easiesy way for you to buy would be Ticketmaster www.ticketmaster.com.au
either over the phone or online.
As you have 2 members and one non-member over the phone may be easier.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Will probably depend on how the Dons start the year.

If they are crap....not fully ticketed.

If they start well (not likely) then probably not fully ticketed.

If ticketed easiesy way for you to buy would be Ticketmaster www.ticketmaster.com.au
either over the phone or online.
As you have 2 members and one non-member over the phone may be easier.
so basically ill have to wait til the season starts b4 i can get organising the tickets ?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If it is declared fully ticketed....past record would indicate that if you book when tickets become available that you should get them pretty easily.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
so basically ill have to wait til the season starts b4 i can get organising the tickets ?
If you want to buy 3 seats you should be able to do so earlier...but they are not on sale yet.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Fully ticketed by the way means ....that to gain entry that everyone has to have a ticket and that individual seats are assigned. ie Members would have to geta ticket.

For non-fully ticketed games you just scan your bar code and sit anywhere on level 3.

For fully ticketed games from mememory the club holds a ceratain nimber of tickets for walk up members on the day.....but not for non-members who are only sold tickets on the day if the public area was not pre-sold out.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:If it is declared fully ticketed....past record would indicate that if you book when tickets become available that you should get them pretty easily.
this is the part i dont quiet understand so if the game is fully ticketed i have to then buy tickets meaning i dont get a "free" entry for my membership ?

esaint66
SS Life Member

saintly wrote:go to level 3 sit in area aisle 35 and you will find most of saintsational people there.

is that where you all sit i might come up and sit with you when i cant get my regular tickets.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:If it is declared fully ticketed....past record would indicate that if you book when tickets become available that you should get them pretty easily.
this is the part i dont quiet understand so if the game is fully ticketed i have to then buy tickets meaning i dont get a "free" entry for my membership ?
You can pre-purchase using a membership for "fully ticketed" matches, you are using your membership so you don't pay the ticket price, but you have to cover the Ticketmaster booking fee (I think it was about $5.50 last year).

You also have to do it at a Ticketmaster so they can scan your barcode.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
You can pre-purchase using a membership for "fully ticketed" matches, you are using your membership so you don't pay the ticket price, but you have to cover the Ticketmaster booking fee (I think it was about $5.50 last year).

You also have to do it at a Ticketmaster so they can scan your barcode.
You can also ring and quote the number go online...and type it in (but he has a non-member too....so ringing is probably best as he is in WA.....or give the local the bar code numbers and he can do it locally)

djsburke
Club Player

Hi St Trav,
I've sent you an PM about Geelong games.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

cheers guys
its all a bit confusing comaired to good old subi games where you just call up the club and if your in early enuff you get the tix sent to you address

is the public transport to geelong anygood ? or would you recomend hireing a car for the day ?

esaint66
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:cheers guys
its all a bit confusing comaired to good old subi games where you just call up the club and if your in early enuff you get the tix sent to you address

is the public transport to geelong anygood ? or would you recomend hireing a car for the day ?

i dunno the saints dont play many games down there anymore but the only time i ever went down there was by car and it was really easy cause the road you drive on from melbourne to geelong is the same road that skilled stadium is on.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

"What's the best way to get to Geelong?"

Try driving a ute, pack a banjo and blacken out your two front teeth, then tell the bloke on the gate that you're all cousins. Should get you a spot on the fence! :wink:

esaint66
SS Life Member

Ghost Like wrote:"What's the best way to get to Geelong?"

Try driving a ute, pack a banjo and blacken out your two front teeth, then tell the bloke on the gate that you're all cousins. Should get you a spot on the fence! :wink:

i thought he was asking for skilled stadium not AAMI stadium :?.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:"What's the best way to get to Geelong?"

On a more serious note...if you don't have a car you can catch a train to Geelong from Melbourne (Southern Cross Station).
You can walk to the cats ground from the station.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

public transport down to geelong on game day is awesome!
went down there this year for the cats v port game (was a ripper as i was a port fan for the day!)
i think it was from 6am V-Line runs trains every hour up until 10am, and from there they are every 45 mins. (all of these trains are stopping all stations such as: Nth Melbourne, Sportswood etc, then east geelong, Geelong, and you get off at Nth Geelong because its a 2 min walk to the ground from there.)
but the 12.15pm and 1pm trains are expresses to nth geelong and then from then trains go back to every hour...2pm, 3pm, and so on.....(so the last train you can get is a 1pm express)
getting home is aseasy, trains every 45mins going express to spencer st!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Saints94
SS Life Member

saintly wrote:

Level 3 so you don't sit on level 1 on the wing?

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

homework wrote:
saintly wrote:

Level 3 so you don't sit on level 1 on the wing?
Level 1 is mostly reserved seating, and it costs extra on top of a membership in the areas its not reserved.

Plus L1 view is not generally as good as L3 in my book.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

you ahve to pay a 'booking fee' to the asswhipes even if you have a membership.

I think it is or was about $6 a ticket.

given the incompetence, inneficiency and rudeness of said ticketing agency you can see why its so expensive.

another AFL scam.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
yipper
SS Life Member

riccardo wrote:
Plus L1 view is not generally as good as L3 in my book.
I'll take sitting on the wing down on lvl 1 over the top deck anyday. Fantastic viewing and atmosphere amongst the rabid Saints reserved seat holders. Close to the players - you can sometimes hear their comments and some of the hard collisions. Well worth the extra $ I spend!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
bigmicka
Club Player

ill take standing at the back of level 1 anyday.

don't pay the ridiculous prices the level 1 seat holders have to pay and you get the same view.

don't have to walk up 20 ramps to get to a free seat on level 3.

and when the games finished i'm first to the gate getting out.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.