New Apparel at Saints Shop

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigC
Club Player

New Apparel at Saints Shop

Apologies if this has been raised in another thread.......

Does anyone know when the new gear will be on the Saints site? It is disappointing to see last year's gear on there, and we are now half way through January.

Think of all the merchandising $$$ we missed out on by not having this ready for Xmas.

Its the little things that can affect the bottom line sometimes....

C'mon Boys its OURS for the taking
dan the saints fan
Club Player

new gear

hey i heard feb it will be in i think today gir lat shop talking bout it btw traing tops look mad almost all black

robert harvey the man the legend
esaint66
SS Life Member

Re: New Apparel at Saints Shop

BigC wrote:Apologies if this has been raised in another thread.......

Does anyone know when the new gear will be on the Saints site? It is disappointing to see last year's gear on there, and we are now half way through January.

Think of all the merchandising $$$ we missed out on by not having this ready for Xmas.

Its the little things that can affect the bottom line sometimes....

i think it might be that we have a new manufacturer and a new main sponser.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

It might also be that the staff only returned to work today. This, combined with the fact that the players were seen in the "NEW" gear for the 1st time last week and you will find the answers. Be patient folks, you can be assured that the staff at the club will be doing their absolute best !!

esaint66
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:It might also be that the staff only returned to work today. This, combined with the fact that the players were seen in the "NEW" gear for the 1st time last week and you will find the answers. Be patient folks, you can be assured that the staff at the club will be doing their absolute best !!

if what your saying is true and that they only returned to work today then how long do you reckon it will be till wen get our memberships. dw im being patient i was just wondering.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:
Eastern wrote:It might also be that the staff only returned to work today. This, combined with the fact that the players were seen in the "NEW" gear for the 1st time last week and you will find the answers. Be patient folks, you can be assured that the staff at the club will be doing their absolute best !!

if what your saying is true and that they only returned to work today then how long do you reckon it will be till wen get our memberships. dw im being patient i was just wondering.
i think i read somewhere they get sent out at the START of every month, starting with Feb????

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
saint edward wrote:

i think i read somewhere they get sent out at the START of every month, starting with Feb????
CORRECT !!

Memberships will be mailed out during the 2nd week of Feb !!

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Jeez...you redefine what it means to be positive.

Clinton Jones, you WILL make it!

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Re: new gear

dan the saints fan wrote:hey i heard feb it will be in i think today gir lat shop talking bout it btw traing tops look mad almost all black
I don't mean to be rude but could you translate this into English please? I don't speak TXT.

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

I rang the club about Nov. last year for Guernseys for chrissie for the kids. Were unable to get them and they had very little in stock. Iasked when would the new gear be out and the girl said late Feb early March, this is due to us signing a new sponsor.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

In the past memberships havn't arrived till a week of so before the season starts. Doesn't matter really, not like we will be using them.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Was in the neighborhood today & dropped in to the shop to try & get the little one a new jumper. Nice bloke in the shop (makes a nice change from the rude & grumpyold women who usually are there) said that the new guernseys will be in a few days before the intra club game, the new on field stuff soon after that & the little kids jumpers by March.

As others have said, due to the new sponsors & then change of apparel supplier the new stuff has been delayed. He said they've had to get a the new gear locally rather than in China due to the late appointment of sponsor & suppliers.

So the new gear should be safe for the kiddys to chew on at the least!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Was in the neighborhood today & dropped in to the shop to try & get the little one a new jumper. Nice bloke in the shop (makes a nice change from the rude & grumpyold women who usually are there) said that the new guernseys will be in a few days before the intra club game, the new on field stuff soon after that & the little kids jumpers by March.

As others have said, due to the new sponsors & then change of apparel supplier the new stuff has been delayed. He said they've had to get a the new gear locally rather than in China due to the late appointment of sponsor & suppliers.

So the new gear should be safe for the kiddys to chew on at the least!
local gear is good...........but where did they get it from....probably will be more costly to the club.......

but keeps some more workers here busy.

:shock: :shock:

How come they can have items of sigificance (all sports) out within 24-48

seems like abit of b......to me...........

a bit of pressure and various items could have been out in a few weeks.

saint4life
GreatNo9s
Club Player

chook - not sure how much clothing manufacturing you've been involved with...

The better half works in the rag trade - in fact she manages production. The average production time for clothing is 12 weeks out of China

You're probably referring to Premiers tees or those sorts of things which are out in 24-48 because the AFL / NRL etc know when the GF so can plan production to apply a screen print on a t-shirt. The manufacturer knows he's going to get a 1500-2000 tee shirt order so manages costs accordingly.

Not sure why you are having a crack here as the response from the guy in the Saints shop sounds about right.

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
chook23
Saintsational Legend

GreatNo9s wrote:chook - not sure how much clothing manufacturing you've been involved with...

The better half works in the rag trade - in fact she manages production. The average production time for clothing is 12 weeks out of China

You're probably referring to Premiers tees or those sorts of things which are out in 24-48 because the AFL / NRL etc know when the GF so can plan production to apply a screen print on a t-shirt. The manufacturer knows he's going to get a 1500-2000 tee shirt order so manages costs accordingly.

Not sure why you are having a crack here as the response from the guy in the Saints shop sounds about right.
My point was they are saying they are getting it local to avoid the delay from china.......

by the time it comes out WE COULD have it it from China given your time frame......

No a liitle about it though.....(ragtrade)

Could have had the ball rolling............would have been in dicussion with Jeld-wen etc a bit before final announcement just like your example etc.

saint4life
GreatNo9s
Club Player

sorry to pick you up but...

the Club announced JW early Dec - 12 weeks puts product into Saints first week March

Chinese NY is a major issue in manufacturing. Most factories take 2 weeks off, some of the better halfs factories take 4 weeks off !

Factor that in - even a 2 week delay - and we have nude players for NAB Cup and have the clothing just in time for the season.

My point is - it's not as easy as you might think

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
chook23
Saintsational Legend

GreatNo9s wrote:sorry to pick you up but...

the Club announced JW early Dec - 12 weeks puts product into Saints first week March

Chinese NY is a major issue in manufacturing. Most factories take 2 weeks off, some of the better halfs factories take 4 weeks off !

Factor that in - even a 2 week delay - and we have nude players for NAB Cup and have the clothing just in time for the season.

My point is - it's not as easy as you might think
that is if we were getting it from china!!!

saint4life
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Sorry if you misunderstood me but the impression that I got was that the club was going locally to ensure that all of us impatient members can get our hands on Jeld Wen branded stuff before the season started.

Keep in mind the downtime over Christmas would have also delayed the 'Chinese' order.

The bloke also confirmed that the onfield supporter wear would feature the 'GT' stripe (his term not mine- I'm sure a few on here may have issues with that term!) that the players are wearing at training.

So don't have a go at the club, yes they may miss out on the profit margin of buying chinese but they're getting the gear to us asap & also buying australian, which should be applauded.

I hope everyone goes out & loads up on new stuff to offset any loss of revenue.

The Craw
Club Player

Ummm..... actually, the onfield jumpers are made locally as are most of the onfield apparel. The clothing that is made in china are the bulk T-shirts caps etc.

I would say that once the new sponsers were confirmed it would take time to delevop the artwork, get it approved by the AFL the source fabric etc.

My experience is that to develop the artwork would take 1-2 weeks, getting it approved by the AFL, the club and sponsors etc 2 weeks, the fabric alone for the onfield jumper would take 4 weeks, mostly likely 1 week for printing and another 3 weeks to manufacture and 1 week for distribution. So in total you are looking at 12-13 weeks for locally made product.

Hope that may explain a few things.

Not Craw, CRAW!