McQualter goes for next draw

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

jill wrote:Until his shoulder injury, CJ was an exciting, enthusiastic contributor!! Would rather have had him out there than more "gifted" players who lacked heart/dedication! eg Brooks.
I agree with you 100% Jill, from memory it took Riewoldt and Lenny awhile to recover from the same injury also and they have just a tad more experience than CJ. :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
|Andy|
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:scheider is the one that probably has enough form to walk into the 22 of all the players we took.

any particular comments on his integration in the side? his role in practice? his relationship with his new colleagues?
what about king?? i mean all this talk about him being super fit?? he should be able to walk in too..seeing he is a better tap ruckman then RIX and blake.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

King would be more of a certain starter than Schneider IMO...but having said that I would imagine that at the seasons commencement that both will be in our first 22.

If King and M Gardiner and both fit and in touch I would play both.....

At this stage you would imagine though that King would in front of Gardiner as he was playing football last year after being eased into......and by GF time was in the groove.

Gardiner by contrast still has to firstly get match fit and secondly actually play some gametime.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

Personally think Schneider will be in our 1st 22 for round 1.

The selection committee would know best,and dont know if schneider has any pre exisiting injuries,going by the news from the last few days he wouldnt have as all are training well,but yeah i reckon he`d be in the 1st line-up of 2008.

While on McQualter,its a pity he never took a stranglehold of a spot in the midfield,he`s a great kick and hopefully he one of them late bloomers and yet becomes a 100 game sainter,,besides,with no Thommo now,someone named Andrew has to keep the name going at St.Kilda :wink: :P

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Schneider is already in our top 10.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Schneider is already in our top 10.
Big Call.

Who are our top 10 anyway?

Riewoldt
Hayes
Gehrig
Dal Santo
Koschitzke
Goddard
Baker
Milne
Montagna
Harvey

Who would he displace? Milne? Harvey?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
Big Call.

Riewoldt
Hayes
Gehrig
Dal Santo
Koschitzke
Goddard
Baker
Milne
Montagna
Harvey

Schneider is at least on a par with Montagna, and easily ahead of Gehrig and Milne. Harvey, too, is probably in the 10-15 category.

I'd even mount a case that in terms of actual importance to the side, Gehrig is now a luxury player and Milne isn't certain to be on the list in 2009, whereas Schneider is essential to our chances of winning a flag.

We've missed a player of his type for so, so long. He'll be a massive asset to this football club and I hope to god he plays out his AFL career with us.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Otiman wrote:
Big Call.

Riewoldt
Hayes
Gehrig
Dal Santo
Koschitzke
Goddard
Baker
Milne
Montagna
Harvey

I agree with evertonfc. Otiman, as for Milne in our Top 10, how did you come to that conclusion?

I would have Schneider and Sammy Fisher long before I'd look at Milne and Baker (for talent and importance) in our Top 10

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Schneider top 10????

Was he top 10 at the Swans....?? Anyone know their B&F results for the last few years.

I really like Schneider as an aquistion for us as he is a type of player playing in a role that we were lacking.

At almost 24 he does have the potential to be in our top 10 in 2008,,,,but I will not at all be upset or worried if he is not. If he did become a top 10 player that would be IMO a real bonus.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Schneider is at least on a par with Montagna, and easily ahead of Gehrig and Milne. Harvey, too, is probably in the 10-15 category.
On par with Montagna? Montagna, our only quality fast midfielder who came 3rd in our B&F, on par with Schneider, the handy but inconsistent small forward who was told that he wouldn't get a game at Sydney next year.

Montagna 2007 averages: 24 possessions, 5 marks, .5 goals, 3.5 tackles
Schneider: 15.5 possessions, 4.5 marks, 1.3 goals, 3 tackles

Schneider is a good recruit and suits our needs nicely, but he is nowhere near as important or as good as Montagna.

My top 10

Dal Santo
S.Fisher
Goddard
Gram
Harvey
Hayes
Hudghton
Koschitzke
Montagna
Riewoldt

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
Big Call.

Riewoldt
Hayes
Gehrig
Dal Santo
Koschitzke
Goddard
Baker
Milne
Montagna
Harvey

Sam Fisher is a definite Top 10.

A fit Max would be too.

Gram could well be....

As an aside.....I am hoping that with a fitter list and our new recruits that in 2008 that we will not have a top 10 per se as the team outside the top stars will be very competitive and even...

For example....Schneider, Fiora, King, X and Gilbert could all be part of even group of players playing quite different roles, all valuable contributors hopefully notching up some Top3 votes some weeks with some dazzling games and being just good contributors most weeks. Who is top 10?

Having a more even team will make it harder for the opposition to close us down.

In recent years opposition teams have concentrated on say shutting down Dal and Milne and limiting GTrain (often conceding that Roo will get the ball but having gaps way up the field to draw him away from the danfer zone).

Schneider will make Milne harding to stop......as will X.

Having all of X (particularly if he can kick straight at goals), Milne and Schneider as a forward mosquito fleet will cause opposition coaches and players many headaches. Which of the 3 will be more valuable?

Finding another "third" forward marking option to replace Hamill will increase the value of Roo and Gtrain. The trick is not be too cumbersome up forward. Will C Gardiner emerge???..or maybe Gilbert???

King or M Gardiner drifting down at times could add potency.....and have the Gtrain causing some more headaches.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes Joey has really stepped up the last two years....and is aderseved current Top 10 player.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:Schneider top 10????

Was he top 10 at the Swans....?? Anyone know their B&F results for the last few years.
B&F results can be a little bit misleading sRr imo..........

As evidenced by people on this forum being up in arms about Jason Blake finishing so high last season

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Was a very quickly thrown together list. Yes i'd have Gram, Max and Sam Fisher in there too. Which makes it even less likely for Schneider to be in our top 10.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Our Top 10 Player's IMO:

1- Nick Riewoldt
2- Nick Dal Santo
3- Lenny Hayes
4- Justin Koschitzke
5- Sam Fisher
6- Jason Gram
7- Leigh Montagna
8- Max Hudghton
9- Brendon Goddard
10- Adam Schneider

|Andy|
Club Player

LTN16 wrote:Our Top 10 Player's IMO:

1- Nick Riewoldt
2- Nick Dal Santo
3- Lenny Hayes
4- Justin Koschitzke
5- Sam Fisher
6- Jason Gram
7- Leigh Montagna
8- Max Hudghton
9- Brendon Goddard
10- Adam Schneider
i concur.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Schneider is at least on a par with Montagna, and easily ahead of Gehrig and Milne. Harvey, too, is probably in the 10-15 category.
On par with Montagna? Montagna, our only quality fast midfielder who came 3rd in our B&F, on par with Schneider, the handy but inconsistent small forward who was told that he wouldn't get a game at Sydney next year.

Schneider is a good recruit and suits our needs nicely, but he is nowhere near as important or as good as Montagna.

My top 10

Dal Santo
S.Fisher
Goddard
Gram
Harvey
Hayes
Hudghton
Koschitzke
Montagna
Riewoldt
Agreed.......

Joey is far ahead of #13, and to suggest that an "opportunists" type of player is ahead of a player that had the average of Most possessions for the Saints in 2007 is just fanciful .....

Joey had an average of 24 possessions a match (the highest posession getter in the team) and is not in the same league of this #13....

Joey = possessions and entry into the forward 50

#13 = Not even close and at best an opportunists

THEY ARE NOT EVEN IN THE SAME LEAGUE....

And if you consider they are just why would Sydney let him go FFS...

Look at some games FFS

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
|Andy|
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:

My top 10

Dal Santo
S.Fisher
Goddard
Gram
Harvey
Hayes
Hudghton
Koschitzke
Montagna
Riewoldt
Agreed.......

Joey is far ahead of #13, and to suggest that an "opportunists" type of player is ahead of a player that had the average of Most possessions for the Saints in 2007 is just fanciful .....

Joey had an average of 24 possessions a match (the highest posession getter in the team) and is not in the same league of this #13....

Joey = possessions and entry into the forward 50

#13 = Not even close and at best an opportunists

THEY ARE NOT EVEN IN THE SAME LEAGUE....

And if you consider they are just why would Sydney let him go FFS...

Look at some games FFS
nick riewoldt is not 10th...he is 2nd if not 1st.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote: As evidenced by people on this forum being up in arms about Jason Blake finishing so high last season
On Blake, the team we are building, and the style of play we play, he could be a real contender to be a top 10 player in his own right.

For what he can do, see his first half vs West Coast at Telstra Dome, 2007. I haven't seen the video but i was there at the game, and he really impressed with his work on Cousins. Just didn't have the legs to go with him in the second half, especially with his tag-team-mate Attard out with his knee.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Has Goddard done more than Ball to warrant top 10?...even Maguire if we include past performances over a season?

I mean Balls been injured but 04....even 05 to an extent he was superb........

I think Goddards still to hit his straps (been great in parts) and possibly his true position so not top 10 for mine yet.

Im praying a ruckman - ANY - ruckman forces their way into that list and Im not sure as a small fwd Sneider has done more than Milne....Milnes goal avg is very good for a small fwd....and Sneider has also been accused by Swan fans of going missing at times (still gonna be a great asset for us mind you).

“Yeah….nah””
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

|Andy| wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:My top 10

Dal Santo
S.Fisher
Goddard
Gram
Harvey
Hayes
Hudghton
Koschitzke
Montagna
Riewoldt
You don't notice any other pattern in that list that may see Riewoldt being the last listed?

|Andy|
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:
|Andy| wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:My top 10

Dal Santo
S.Fisher
Goddard
Gram
Harvey
Hayes
Hudghton
Koschitzke
Montagna
Riewoldt
You don't notice any other pattern in that list that may see Riewoldt being the last listed?
is it alphabetical?? lol...

sasaint
Club Player

Just on raw talent ( which doesn't allow for injury etc) the top ten would look more like this IMO.

35 Robert HARVEY
12 Nick RIEWOLDT
14 Luke BALL
23 Justin KOSCHITZKE
7 Lenny HAYES
26 Nick DAL SANTO
9 Fraser GEHRIG
3 Xavier CLARKE
18 Brendon GODDARD
15 Michael GARDINER

And yes, you could debate the order... and yes it is very unfortunate that we don't see the talent on display most of the time. :(

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

schneider is in our best 22, probaby best 18.

he is no where near the same quality as a midfielder as montagna.

what king's value to the side long term or even medium term is speculation at the moment.

I hope he turns out as a quality 4 to 5 season player for us, but Im not holding my breadth.

schneider could effectively play for us 200 games of quality.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!