Best piece of memorabilia?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

esaint66
SS Life Member

Richmond 72 (don't ask!)

hahaha yeh i had a 10 round stint with the tigers hahah

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

can't believe that mirror went for that much on ebay

came out in the late 70s early 80s and were pretty shabby from memory

oh well there is always an ebay sucker somewhere

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Sounds pretty average I know, but my favourites are my framed Nicky Winamr print and framed Harvey print (The Saint). Both will sit lovingly either side of my framed and signed Saints jumper from last year, with a photo of me with each signee. Personalises the jumper for me, and don't care what it's worth to anyone else. NOw all I need is the bar to hang them in (and it's on the way now :D )

esaint66
SS Life Member

not the greatest but i have a tony lockett 1990 scanlens card which i got when i bought a pack of the 1990 cards in 98 the man in the shop asked me who i supported i replied with stkilda and he said hope you get a tony lockett sure enough he was frist card in the pack :D

ben_fff
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote:can't believe that mirror went for that much on ebay

came out in the late 70s early 80s and were pretty shabby from memory

oh well there is always an ebay sucker somewhere
I'll do you a bargain and sell you my one for $20

+ $60 p&p

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

On the Bench wrote:I'm not sure why Juspen has been called a troll, unless it is for previous posts.

I too had some Saints condoms. They're probably still in my wallet 'cause I'm sure I never had any use for them.

As for Memorabilia, I'm a Saints Jumper Collector. I love them all, the heritage tops, the yellow perils, the Red Hot Cross's even tho old woolly ones with the floppy collars.

My favourite would have to be the framed Sir Robert Harvey Memorabilia with the 2 Brownlows. Of course it's in the poolroom.

He's a Carlton troll that just tries to stir things up.

Batnoe

LoeweBrow wrote:I have the saints premiership piece (one of 65) which is very nice,

I also have a game worn 66 jumper signed by the player who wore it in the match

If it's not asking too much, what is the "saints premiership piece" of which there are only 65?

And which player jumper have you got from 66?

It all sounds like a pretty god collection to me, and that's just your footy stuff! Must have a pretty nice boxing/cricket collection...

That piece come out in the year 2000 by the saints

They got all of the 1966 players to sign a huge framed picture

and the coach and captain signed the reproduction guernsay in the middle

there were only 66 of them made

what makes it even more valuable some of the players are dead

I have one, number 23. My brother has one and it is number 40 odd

supersaints
Club Player

I had the BEST ever Saints memorabilia, but only for a very short time.
It was the crutch that Plugger threw at Eddie Maguire from the back of the ambulance at Morrabin... Sadly Plugger missed Eddie and I passed the crutch back to Plugger in the Ambulance... (Plugger has been on record as saying one of his biggest regrets in his footy career was missing Eddie with the crutch). Maybe I should have ran off with the crutch...Plugger would hardly have been able to chase me to get it back !!!!

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

my nicky Winmar "moment in time print holds a special place for me but my all time favorite it the painting of bangers i painted that my wife secretly got it signed by the great one at perth airport the paintings not the best ive ever done but the fact bangers signed it ans had a chuckle at the fact i got his hair style and his posture prefect was priceless

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
esaint66
SS Life Member

bought some old records today saints v pies 92 elimination final at waverly and the centenary 96 souvenir pre season edition.

esaint66
SS Life Member

saint edward wrote:hahah gotta love those pro star little player models and there heads were twice as big as the body and they came with a card where you would mark the player rating out of 10. ive got 2 out of the three, got loewe and burke missing winmar. i'll start looking out for one now :D

btw can anyone tell me if they have a winmar one that they are willing to sell. not many people have them because there part of the unpopular 2nd series.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Tony Lockett's signed gameday No 14 jumper from Round 19 1987 the day when he kicked his first ton against Footscray.

It was raffled off in the social club after the game and my mum won it

Only time Plugger kicked a ton wearing the number 14

Could be worth a bit :)

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

saint edward wrote:bought some old records today saints v pies 92 elimination final at waverly and the centenary 96 souvenir pre season edition.
Would be a good read for memories sake....Goin back to the days of ol Spud Frawley :D

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
esaint66
SS Life Member

Halo-9 wrote:
saint edward wrote:bought some old records today saints v pies 92 elimination final at waverly and the centenary 96 souvenir pre season edition.
Would be a good read for memories sake....Goin back to the days of ol Spud Frawley :D

hahah yeah what made it better was the fact that next to every pies players name was a demeaning comment hahaha :D

esaint66
SS Life Member

hahah got some badges today. i hate pies, west coast wankers and only wankers play with there anchors :P

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Didnt Plugger throw the crutch through a door he had just walked through?

From what I remember he wasnt in an ambulance when he threw it...

I could be wrong though!

esaint66
SS Life Member

n1ck wrote:Didnt Plugger throw the crutch through a door he had just walked through?

From what I remember he wasnt in an ambulance when he threw it...

I could be wrong though!

yeh i remember he threw it through a door at the hospital and eddie being eddie had to get to close

SideshowMilne
Club Player

Saint 58 wrote:I have a 1966 GF Weg poster, framed and signed by Allan Jeans.

Is this what you have http://www.leski.com.au/catalogues/a223/TFOO.php
Item 826

Would never sell it, I'll pass it on to the eldest son, but would love to know what it would be worth.
I have a mint 66 Weg. This is an original ($1200)http://www.leski.com.au/news/20030702/index.php but shows folds slighlty reducing it from mint.

In best condition somewhere between 1000 - 2000 I would reckon. Believe it or not the signing actually reduces its value, and the cardinal sin is to laminate. Laminating an original would reduce it to around 100.

There are of course the more recent reprints (different image) which aren't as nearly valuable, and would be the only one I'd chase signatures on.

The holy grail for saints fan is the Cazaly 'Signature' Trevor Barker card. Vey rare, I have never seen one for sale.
Last edited by SideshowMilne on Mon 14 Jan 2008 1:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrumpyOne

SideshowMilne wrote: The holy grail for saints fan is the Cazaly 'Signature' Trevor Barker card. Vey rare, I have never seen one for sale.
Likewise.... never seen one for sale..... in fact, I have never seen one at all.

What does it look like?

Do you have a link to a picture?

SideshowMilne
Club Player

Probably (but guessing) same picture as used in the widely available Gold Card, just with added detail and markings. I believe it came with a redemption card. I'm trying without success to find a picture of at least one of the other player signature cards as an example.

esaint66
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
SideshowMilne wrote: The holy grail for saints fan is the Cazaly 'Signature' Trevor Barker card. Vey rare, I have never seen one for sale.
Likewise.... never seen one for sale..... in fact, I have never seen one at all.

What does it look like?

Do you have a link to a picture?

i dont have a picture link but i think i know the card your talking about i think it has the mark barker took over dennis scanlon and it has a green outline but then i could be totally wrong.