Saintsational v Collingwood 20th Jan *Gosch's Paddock* 2pm

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

esaint66
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:Gosch's paddock DOES have a fence...albeit only 3 ft high..and 1/2 the fence is swathed in advertising hoardings....cos the Pies train there in summer.

im pretty sure it doesnt unless the whole sort of area where the lexus centre and olympic park is called gosch's paddock because on the news they show the pies practicing on the smaller oval over near the sheel on punt round and that has no fences so if thats not what your talking about we could play there

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saint edward wrote:
saint66au wrote:Gosch's paddock DOES have a fence...albeit only 3 ft high..and 1/2 the fence is swathed in advertising hoardings....cos the Pies train there in summer.

im pretty sure it doesnt unless the whole sort of area where the lexus centre and olympic park is called gosch's paddock because on the news they show the pies practicing on the smaller oval over near the sheel on punt round and that has no fences so if thats not what your talking about we could play there
hmm?

after the bridge crossing over from the botanical gardens (i think its swan st) you continue down the road and on the left you have the vodafone and rod laver arenas and then the mcg and then richmond station

on the right its the lexus centre, olympic park, construction stadium, rugby pitch and gosches paddock which is at the next main intersection

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
saint edward wrote:

hmm?

after the bridge crossing over from the botanical gardens (i think its swan st) you continue down the road and on the left you have the vodafone and rod laver arenas and then the mcg and then richmond station

on the right its the lexus centre, olympic park, construction stadium, rugby pitch and gosches paddock which is at the next main intersection
Correct..its pretty much straight opposite the Shell servo in Punt Rd.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Ilzy#8
Club Player

i think the transport access (Richmond Statioon) makes GP a clear winner?? anyone from all over melbourne can get to richmond station, and then its less then crossing the road to get to the ground...

quick question, say i wanted to drive, where wud i park? lol

#13 BALLBANDWAGON Member

" You don't lose a game, you just run out of time to score "
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

vg is out of the question. they are trying to keep the ground in perfect condition, what means no public. so i think the paddock is the way to go!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
sarah 2
Club Player

i am preety sure the storm train at goshs park as well, sorry wont be able to make it am going to a twins 2nd birthday

GO SAINTS
HarveysDeciple

Anyone seen Glenferrie lately? lol

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

sarah 2 wrote:i am preety sure the storm train at goshs park as well, sorry wont be able to make it am going to a twins 2nd birthday
they train on the rugby pitch next to the football oval

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:Anyone seen Glenferrie lately? lol
it has some green grass on it, mainly yellow, and still looks pretty hard!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
LennyBoy
Club Player

How about Royal Park Oval?

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
Ilzy#8
Club Player

with so many suggestions... how bout we just play at the gabba?

#13 BALLBANDWAGON Member

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Do you mean the Oval on the corner immediately after the first intersection from Richmond Station?

Maybe I'm confused but last time I went there it had Rugby goals on it, and the one next to that has all been ripped up to prepare for the new ground.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:doubt youll be allowed on gooches paddock

its where collingwood acctually train and sometimes richmond...would be a pain getting kicked off halfway through a game so your gonna have to be honest and get one of the magpies to ask the club
exactly

How about we just stick with Glenferrie Oval, we know this is a goer

afterall we'll only be playing against black and white witches hats

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
sainter35
Club Player

sarah 2 wrote:i am preety sure the storm train at goshs park as well, sorry wont be able to make it am going to a twins 2nd birthday
Storm moved to Optus Oval at the start of last year.

It's just Collingwood that train there now.

It's the ground on the corner of Swan St and Punt Rd. Collingwood used to train on the ground next to Olympic Park but as that's no longer there they train at Gosch's Paddock.

MilneyMagic
Club Player

I'm keen to play. I just got back from a year overseas, so I'm pretty underdone, but could use a good run around.

esaint66
SS Life Member

since we have no idea about the venue why dont we just ask the magpie people?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Ilzy#8 wrote:with so many suggestions... how bout we just play at the gabba?
the goal squarer there are pretty dry, i was thinking more on the line of Subiacco? :wink: but if not that i think we should stick with glenferrie as barks said because we know whats there and how it all works.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

at the moment we are locked in for glenferrie oval on the 20th at 2pm.

dan the saints fan
Club Player

footy game

hey hd count me in too ok mate

robert harvey the man the legend
LennyBoy
Club Player

I went past Glenferrie Oval this morning, the ground is looking fairly dead still, and the goal square at the Aquatic Centre end is looking more like the Sahara. :lol:

The grass is still very patchy, and hard under foot especially around the wings and 50m marks, there is no line markings either.

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
Beekay
SS Life Member

Happy to play if there are still some spots.

Ilzy#8
Club Player

HD me and mightysainters are bringing a friend down aswell. He has played before on a number of occasions, his names widdum!

#13 BALLBANDWAGON Member

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

can we please have a vote, for who wants to play at Glenferrie Oval or Gosch's Paddock (pies training oval)

Gosch's is in perfect condition and we CAN play on it, it is an awesome oval!
Glenferrie has no grass, only weeds and sand/dirt with a hard surface!

i think you know which one i am voting for :wink:

so far the score board is:
Glenferrie - 0
Gosch's - 1

esaint66
SS Life Member

gosch's has got my vote

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

but if we play at the paddock there will be no after match bbq (because there is no bbq there), only drinks!