Jeld-Wen !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Jeld-Wen !!

I was one of those who had never heard of Jeld-Wen prior to them coming on board, although I know of Corrinthian Doors & Stegbar Windows.

I noted with interest that the Jeld-Wen logo has recently appeared out the front of Stegbar on Stud Rd Rowville !!

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I believe they are re-branding all their businesses under the Jeld Wen logo, and are hence seeking to get the name out there in a big way.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:I believe they are re-branding all their businesses under the Jeld Wen logo, and are hence seeking to get the name out there in a big way.
Luckily for us :)

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Talking about Jeld-Wen on here won't do any harm, as long as it is all positive !!

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I'd vaguely heard of Corinthian Doors (I think), but never Jeld-Wen.

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

All their products will eventually be marketed/sold under the JeldWen brand. We are very fortunate to have them on board so lets help them succeed as we succeed. All you builders out there will be familiar with their products and how good they are.

Incidently, don't any of you guys whach the V8 Supercars - there's a Falcon running around, and pranging, with JeldWen written all over it.

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:Incidently, don't any of you guys whach the V8 Supercars - there's a Falcon running around, and pranging, with JeldWen written all over it.

Unless they've plastered the back of the car with Jeld-Wen sponsor's labels most of the Holden folk won't be aware of that.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jeld-Wen !!

Eastern wrote:I was one of those who had never heard of Jeld-Wen prior to them coming on board, although I know of Corrinthian Doors & Stegbar Windows.

I noted with interest that the Jeld-Wen logo has recently appeared out the front of Stegbar on Stud Rd Rowville !!
Noticed the same thing Eastern between Christmas & New Year. Just opposite the Pirates of the Carribbean Market.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
yipper
SS Life Member

[quote="Go Sretnias Go"]All their products will eventually be marketed/sold under the JeldWen brand. We are very fortunate to have them on board so lets help them succeed as we succeed. All you builders out there will be familiar with their products and how good they are.

Incidently, don't any of you guys whach the V8 Supercars - there's a Falcon running around, and pranging, with JeldWen written all over it.[/quote]

Driven by James Courtney - also of Dancing with the stars fame. They ditched the V8's to come onboard with us in the AFL.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

cowboy18 wrote: Unless they've plastered the back of the car with Jeld-Wen sponsor's labels most of the Holden folk won't be aware of that.
Little mean there ford boy - especially as I am about to change my BA XR8 for the current SS.

Brilliant engine in the ford, great response and most easily revved V8 I hav ever driven but could they posibly ever get the brakes right and resolve electronics issues on their transmissions?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
cowboy18 wrote: Unless they've plastered the back of the car with Jeld-Wen sponsor's labels most of the Holden folk won't be aware of that.
Little mean there ford boy - especially as I am about to change my BA XR8 for the current SS.

Brilliant engine in the ford, great response and most easily revved V8 I hav ever driven but could they posibly ever get the brakes right and resolve electronics issues on their transmissions?

Why not consider a Prius? Cost you much less to run and lots less CO2 emissions. I know you're going to love my suggestion and rush right out and buy one.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

st.byron wrote: Why not consider a Prius? Cost you much less to run and lots less CO2 emissions. I know you're going to love my suggestion and rush right out and buy one.
Yeah, I thought about it, but there are two problems:

1) my vehicle costs me nothing to run, it is part of my salary package

2) I don't like them

However, I promise that if my vehicle ever needs a replacement starter motor, a Prius will be one of the choices I consider.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
milney044
Club Player

wow eastern thats freaky i just saw that sign yesterday and id never really heard of them before either. you know you're a nutter when you get excited about seeing the clubs sponsor haha.. either that or just really passionate :wink:

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
|Andy|
Club Player

i saw it today whilst driving (Ls) and i was like dad its our sponsor!! and he was like, keep ur eye on the road :(.

linz
Club Player

Our new motto could be: jeld-WEN ARE WE GOING TO WIN THE FLAG?

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:Our new motto could be: jeld-WEN ARE WE GOING TO WIN THE FLAG?
Good work! Should be adapted to the theme song.

Jeld-Wen the saints, go marching in
Jeld-Wen the saints go marching in
Official makers, of premiership windows (AND DOORS)*

* that's the new richmond yelling bit ("YELLOW AND BLACK) many want imitated in the song

linz
Club Player

cowboy18 wrote:
linz wrote:Our new motto could be: jeld-WEN ARE WE GOING TO WIN THE FLAG?
Good work! Should be adapted to the theme song.

Jeld-Wen the saints, go marching in
Official makers, of premiership windows (AND DOORS)*

* that's the new richmond yelling bit ("YELLOW AND BLACK) many want imitated in the song
BRILLIANT: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
st.byron wrote: Why not consider a Prius? Cost you much less to run and lots less CO2 emissions. I know you're going to love my suggestion and rush right out and buy one.
Yeah, I thought about it, but there are two problems:

1) my vehicle costs me nothing to run, it is part of my salary package

2) I don't like them

However, I promise that if my vehicle ever needs a replacement starter motor, a Prius will be one of the choices I consider.
Yep, despite my armchair green credentials and high moral stance I'd be taking the salary package car if I had no choice of vehicle. However if I did have a choice and it was a salary package option, I'd be down to the Toyota showroom immediately.
I can also see that your point 2 could be a disadvantage, but think how good you'd feel knowing that you at least weren't guzzling petrol.

Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

yipper wrote:
Go Sretnias Go wrote:All their products will eventually be marketed/sold under the JeldWen brand. We are very fortunate to have them on board so lets help them succeed as we succeed. All you builders out there will be familiar with their products and how good they are.

Incidently, don't any of you guys whach the V8 Supercars - there's a Falcon running around, and pranging, with JeldWen written all over it.[/quote]

Driven by James Courtney - also of Dancing with the stars fame. They ditched the V8's to come onboard with us in the AFL.
Ibelieve they havent left the v8 supercars,they are also sponsoring us,Courtneys falcon will still have JeldWen/Corinthian sponsorship.

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
Go Sretnias Go wrote:Incidently, don't any of you guys whach the V8 Supercars - there's a Falcon running around, and pranging, with JeldWen written all over it.

Unless they've plastered the back of the car with Jeld-Wen sponsor's labels most of the Holden folk won't be aware of that.
Only way they can be identified after a head on with the wall? :wink:

They walk amongst us...

sax
Club Player

yipper wrote:
Go Sretnias Go wrote:All their products will eventually be marketed/sold under the JeldWen brand. We are very fortunate to have them on board so lets help them succeed as we succeed. All you builders out there will be familiar with their products and how good they are.

They definately still sponsor James Courtney. They also sponsor Marcus Ambrose in the US, aswell as the Saints.

http://www.jeld-wen.com.au/

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

|Andy| wrote:i saw it today whilst driving (Ls) and i was like dad its our sponsor!! and he was like, keep ur eye on the road :(.
A wise man is your dad. Gives good advice !!

Snakeman66
Club Player

sax wrote:
yipper wrote:

They definately still sponsor James Courtney. They also sponsor Marcus Ambrose in the US, aswell as the Saints.

They have links on their site to everyone they sponsor. Courtney, Ambrose and Saints.

Had not heard of Jeld Wen until they sponsored Courtney.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

Snakeman66 wrote:
sax wrote:
yipper wrote:

They have links on their site to everyone they sponsor. Courtney, Ambrose and Saints.

Had not heard of Jeld Wen until they sponsored Courtney.
Dont they also own Pirtek?
Or Pirtek is an armof there branch in some form or another,remember reading something about that as a link when they actually took over from pirtek sponsoring Courtneys falcon(then Ambrose).

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
|Andy|
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
|Andy| wrote:i saw it today whilst driving (Ls) and i was like dad its our sponsor!! and he was like, keep ur eye on the road :(.
A wise man is your dad. Gives good advice !!
i'd have to agree that he is. he didnt even yell at me for nearly hitting a bus today :S.i was going to turn right out of this little bus station intersection thing, and there was trees on my left, there was no car on my right. and then i went to turn right, and suddenly this bus comes out of nowhere, didnt even sound his horn, and i nearly hit the side of it...scared the hell out of me, and i was going at like 5 km/h to turn. but yeh, trying to keep a manual car running whilst going really slow really takes a toll on you. It's prob easy for you, but i keep releasing the clutch too early or too late...

anyways, theres my life story :D. my dad is a wise dad. even had a laugh about it at home :D.