Wednesdays training photos link

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

Few things to note

Schnedier looks a lot thinner and meaner, but also toned up. At Syndey i always thought he could have been overweight but he is looking ready to go

Maguire - i now know why he shaves his head, i swear he is going gray in some of that, that foot must carry a lot of stress with it. no wonder they call it a stress fracture

Ltn16- Change your picture lol

claystreet
Club Player

King is a giant compared to Kosi :shock:
King looks fit............ very fit.

8-)

karnak
Club Player

Of course King looks massive compared to Kosi,

that's what 5 or so preseasons extra will do to ya! However; Kosi is very strong and isn't carrying any fat,

One thing I did notice though is how big Milne's Quads are looking, he obvioulsy wants to work on his leg strength, interesting for forward pressure.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

New training tops look great. Not sure, but I think the Frankston Dolphins play in a very similar style jumper. It's a few years since I've seen Frankston play.

midas_touch
Club Player

The training tops look pretty good. Is it me, or is Ross Lyon balding in those pics?

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Batnoe wrote:Ltn16- Change your picture lol
Why whats wrong ??

I think it's sexy 8-) :lol:

savatage
SS Life Member

karnak wrote:Of course King looks massive compared to Kosi,

that's what 5 or so preseasons extra will do to ya! However; Kosi is very strong and isn't carrying any fat,

One thing I did notice though is how big Milne's Quads are looking, he obvioulsy wants to work on his leg strength, interesting for forward pressure.
Milne's always had the tree trunk legs, upper body has always left a little to be desired :)

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Training tops are gross.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

karnak wrote:Of course King looks massive compared to Kosi,

Plus king is 4cm taller....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Kudos on the training gear - I hope it translates to a jumper design I reckon it also looks clean and sharp.... :wink:

Anything but the urine stained acid washed clash cr@p from 07....

please let it be Lord... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Batnoe

I just went to West of moorabbin where there are more photos

Looking at the contraption on Bakers hand, it looks as though he has done a tendon injury in his finger, but possibly on the back of his hand

Who is the guy with red boots? he looks like a young Brett Voss!! Has Brett's dad been busy?

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Batnoe wrote:Who is the guy with red boots? he looks like a young Brett Voss!! Has Brett's dad been busy?
He is definitely from the AIS because he is wearing AIS socks.

He's a tall kid when you see him standing next to Rix in the WOM pics.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Re: goose

st48 wrote:apparently they are stilll taking it slowly with Goose, but he keeps surprising with what he can handle.
If Goose can have a relatively injury free season and play 20+ games I will become Misson's biggest fan, I like his approach, a lot better than our previous guys (from an outsider's point of view)

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
st48 wrote:apparently they are stilll taking it slowly with Goose, but he keeps surprising with what he can handle.
If Goose can have a relatively injury free season and play 20+ games I will become Misson's biggest fan, I like his approach, a lot better than our previous guys (from an outsider's point of view)
not that this is a GT against the rest, but i was sure that in GT stated somewhere that each player had individual programs?

was i wrong?

The Peanut
Club Player

saintly wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
not that this is a GT against the rest, but i was sure that in GT stated somewhere that each player had individual programs?

was i wrong?
Yep, GT did start the individual player data collection process and the club spent some money on software in his reign to obtain well-being and other data. I am not sure of the details but speaking to Fizz the other day, he mentioned the data collection in the same breath as Ross Lyon's reign - so perhaps they are either using the data more or have taken the data collection a step further.

saintm
Club Player

The Peanut wrote:
saintly wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

was i wrong?
Yep, GT did start the individual player data collection process and the club spent some money on software in his reign to obtain well-being and other data. I am not sure of the details but speaking to Fizz the other day, he mentioned the data collection in the same breath as Ross Lyon's reign - so perhaps they are either using the data more or have taken the data collection a step further.
Wasn't it after the collection of data at training one day that they made that now infamous trip to the movies??

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I have been told that there are no complete records of fitness or training management at the club for each player prior to 2006 ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:I have been told that there are no complete records of fitness or training management at the club for each player prior to 2006 ...
All players have been given individual training programs for at least 5 years but it could even be longer. My memory isnt that good.

The Peanut
Club Player

saintm wrote: ... Wasn't it after the collection of data at training one day that they made that now infamous trip to the movies??
You have triggered my memory and touched a nerve I believe. :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The wellness survey was not an individual training program......it just surveyed how each individual play fealt...and recorded it over time.

Ok as a tool for monitoring where players headspace is at....but it is in no way a proper player conditioning monitoring system.

From The Peanut's report on WOM..

Aaron Fiora Chat by 'The Peanut' (WoM Ed)
I caught up with Aaron Fiora for a chat over the fence.
We spoke about the fitness and coaching staff. He said that the structured training is so much better than he has previously experienced and no matter where you are there is always a coaching staff member close-by. He said that the individual training programs were 'smart' and that the big men don't have to do all of the same training tasks as he does because they have different roles in the game.

I think that there is individual training and there is individual training...

From people that I have spoken too including an ex-club Doc some players had individual traing, particularly injured ones...but by and larger all players were lumped in together wityh some tailoring.

Difference is now that EVERY player hasa fully individualised program and more importantly a completely individual assessement that the program is based on for a variety of factors from current fitness, past history...through to position that the player will be playing.

A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing......and previously our fitness and player conditioning was being run by guys who thought they knew...but did not.

Take Banger's foot. He jumped off a table and was lucky not to permanently injure himself, though reportedly now has a flat foot from it.

So what does that tell you when the Club's greatest ever player chooses to self-medicate ina dangerous way???? Complete lack of faith and respect for the so called professionals who were meant to be looking after his fitness and conditioning.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:who is that running with goose?
your joking ofr course.......????

the fullback of the century is who.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

all sporting bodies since the days of charlie chaplin take breaks from training routines & have movie nights or other such get togethers

bet my leftie the bears during their 4 g/final yrs had a movie night

dont tell me the great hawthorn sides didnt do something "different"

we made one mistake we didnt have a training session BLINDFOLDED as the eagles did during their premiership season

imagine the chyt hiting the fan if we held a training session blindfolded

its all in the eyes of the beholder

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:I have been told that there are no complete records of fitness or training management at the club for each player prior to 2006 ...
All players have been given individual training programs for at least 5 years but it could even be longer. My memory isnt that good.
Were records kept of the specific times and performances of players at training sessions and of when and after what activity certain injuries occurred? No, and it is this data that is critical.

Our fitness and injury department wasn's a shambles, but it was a LONG way from AFL best practice over the period 2004-2007.

It cost us a premiership. Period.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Were records kept of the specific times and performances of players at training sessions and of when and after what activity certain injuries occurred? No, and it is this data that is critical.

Our fitness and injury department wasn's a shambles, but it was a LONG way from AFL best practice over the period 2004-2007.

It cost us a premiership. Period.
Yes records were kept and that I can remember is from as far back as 10 years ago.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Well, David Misson lamented missing records when he got to the club, so someone stuffed up somewhere.