M Gardiner Watch Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:can we not call him BNS??

its just lame...

is it true or crap that he wants everyone to call him big show though???
Im only going off what my dad - GW
(you can work out who Im referring to....) :wink: says.

cheers
GW isnt your dad

RB is...
As usual...your sauces are impeccable.

I'll say this one last time....(cause i like it)

RB is not my father..........Darth Vader is.....mmmmwwwwwahhhaaaa (thats me evil laugh)
its funny however that you bring it all up first though teffers.....
yes .....it is funny.....what do you think Im up to colonel sleuth?...am I psyching ya into doubt over Rod being my old man? :lol:

Your good value dude. :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Quote from Matthew Drain in the H-S yesterday...

I've been really impressed with Gardiner. He's very, very realistic and he's got to get back on the park and play some games. But he's going well."

That will do me thanks :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Quote from Matthew Drain in the H-S yesterday...

I've been really impressed with Gardiner. He's very, very realistic and he's got to get back on the park and play some games. But he's going well."

Plus....

Defender Matt Maguire is expected to be fit for Round 1 after a stress fracture in his foot while Michael Gardiner, Robert Harvey and Fraser Gehrig are training well.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Frank Spencer

delete.
Last edited by Frank Spencer on Sat 29 Dec 2007 1:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:

Plus....

Defender Matt Maguire is expected to be fit for Round 1 after a stress fracture in his foot while Michael Gardiner, Robert Harvey and Fraser Gehrig are training well.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year by the sounds of it...

St Igmata
Club Player

Leo.J wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Plus....

Merry Christmas and a happy new year by the sounds of it...
It is very different to actually playing.
Gardiner hasn't played 10 games in 3 years.
Has he?
It's a big ask to get the same out of Harvey as in previous years,

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

guys saw an artical in the sunday times here in perth (cant find the link for it) stating how gardi has been working hard during the off season and is primed for a big year , the article said that in his time off over Xmas he stayed behind in melb and is swimming 3kms a day as well as jogging around the local streets from his st kilda apartment . the article also stated "it is believed Ross Lyon has plans for him to play 50% of this years game (i dont know if they mean 11 games or half of every game but they worded it half the games this year) they also wrote that Stevie King is earmarked as to be playing on and off the bench in the comming season as and attempt to combat his previous chronic injuries

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

http://saints.com.au/tabid/5315/News/Ne ... wsId=54537
Saints on the rise
2:36 PM Mon 7 January, 2008 | Back

By Ben Broad

News
ST KILDA coach Ross Lyon hopes a couple of old names can help provide a new impetus for his side as the Saints try to reverse their fortunes in 2008.
The Saints, who finished ninth last year and well below the lofty expectations of many football observers, will be hoping to launch themselves up the AFL ladder.

A large part of St Kilda’s anticipated rise will rest on the shoulders of its new-found ruck strength.

An area of concern in recent years, largely because of injuries to key big men, the Saints’ ruckmen look to be in good working order heading into the 2008 home and away season.

They were on display on Monday when the Saints tackled a 3.2km time-trial around PrincesPark, followed by a brief skills session.

Michael Rix, Justin Koschitzke and Jason Blake are likely to enjoy far more help from a fit Michael Gardiner, while former Cat Steven King has also traded in the blue and white for the red, white and black.

Lyon knows the importance of having a formidable on-ball brigade.

“It’s an opinion business and everyone has different thoughts on it, but if you look at the premiers over [recent years] … West Coast, Sydney, Port, Brisbane, they all had two ruckmen with 200-plus hit-outs,â€

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

SrS, why would you repeat what's already been done - is that why your posts are in the multiple thousands.?

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:SrS, why would you repeat what's already been done - is that why your posts are in the multiple thousands.?
Well to explain what I thought would have been obvious:

If you read the OP you would understand that this string was created to track Michael Gardiner through his pre-season.

This is why the string was clearly titled the Michael Gardiner Watch Thread.

I have been posting all news on his progress since I created the string...and invited others do do likewise.

This is the point of this string.

That is is why I added the update this morning.

I am not sure if you look at other forums including non football ones but you can read on other forums strings that have been running for years.

Indeed Sainsational is probably the forum I read where the convention of posting in existing strings rather than creating new ones is followed least.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 09 Jan 2008 10:20am, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:- is that why your posts are in the multiple thousands.?
Thanks for the cheap shot.

I shall read your extended well thought out future posts with interest. You do you write some I hope???

I have written many opinion pieces here, and often put together various facts and figures and do not indulge in posting for just getting up a post count.

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

It seams to me sRr that you love to repeat, repeat threads left right and centre - becomes very boring you know 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:It seams to me sRr that you love to repeat, repeat threads left right and centre - becomes very boring you know 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Well if that is your opinion...more fool you for opening my strings then.

The forum view shows both who created a string and who put the last post up. Perhaps you should make use of this information?

jill
Club Player

SrR you've done a good job & I've enjoyed following this thread. I'm just one of the many who are hoping M Gardiner has taken the opportunity the Saints have given him, turned his life around & gives the Club some great footy in return. At this stage the signs are very promising.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

thanks 4 doing this thread its good to see how hes goin with out having to troll through all the other threads and dont worry bout that bloke he just has nuttin better to do with him self than troll others threads and point out minor inconsistencies to make him feel better about not having nething better to do with his time haha

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

excellent thread sRr and thanks for the updates. Good to be able to keep up with the progress of MG easily. I still think we'll be lucky to get half a dozen games out of him, but will be happy to be proved wrong.

yipper
SS Life Member

The prospect of a fit, keen Michael Gardner is a tantalising one. So many questions will be answered this year. Can he still play in the ruck? If so, can he re-claim his title of no. 1 ruckman? Facts - he is big, is a thumping kick and has some mongrel about him. He can also take strong pack marks so could be dangerous resting / lurking up forward. Is he still mobile enough? Don't know - but he is putting together a very strong fitness base and getting himself into the best shape possible to play. We look like having 2 x big, strong and experienced ruckman in our side this year. How much will this improve us? It certainly allows us to look more dangerous than previously if you can leave a bloke like Kosi up forward all day. Interesting times. Even a tad exciting.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

This is a good thread and sometimes there is a lot of repeating in threads.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Sometimes there is a lot of repeating in threads.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 11,00.html

"The Saints big men - Justin Koschitzke, Fraser Gehrig, Michael Gardiner and recruit Steven King - also didn't do the 3km run and instead jogged around a near-by grassed oval. That was part of a new alternative program which has been devised to ensure they all get to the start of the season in perfect shape."

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I am trying really hard not to get my hopes up about Gardi, but it is getting more difficult by the article.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

ausfatcat wrote:I am trying really hard not to get my hopes up about Gardi, but it is getting more difficult by the article.
I had my hopes up last year but I think he is more of a chance to play this year. Gardiner and Kingy would be a great combo in the Ruck.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

From a training report..
spiral2 wrote:

Kosi, Gardiner, King
didn't participate in main skills session. a bit of running

Which is in line with an earlier report that the big fellas have a separate program.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:I am trying really hard not to get my hopes up about Gardi, but it is getting more difficult by the article.
I know the feeling...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
spiral2
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:From a training report..
spiral2 wrote:

Kosi, Gardiner, King
didn't participate in main skills session. a bit of running

Which is in line with an earlier report that the big fellas have a separate program.
Gardiner did a bit of running with the main group just after the warm up, 50m run throughs at varying pace. he brought up the rear each time, looked sluggish. maybe instructed to take it easy though, hard to know...