Clinton Grybas Dead

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

An absolute shock :cry:

This is very sad, AFL coverage will suffer for it :cry:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:An absolute shock :cry:

This is very sad, AFL coverage will suffer for it :cry:
agreed, one of the best, if not the best....

a very sad loss :cry:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
midas_touch
Club Player

Clinton was a great commentator. Condolances to his family and friends, for what is a tragic loss. The footy world is definitely worse off without him.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
asiu

wow

vale

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 10:25am, edited 1 time in total.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Not sure if this is correct, but this is already on wikipedia.

A preliminary report indicates that Grybas died as a result of head injuries due to a sleep-walking induced accident.

I can't seem to find anything else on the net at the moment to back that up.

whatever has happened still has me in shock thats for sure.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
bigmicka
Club Player

The sleep walking theory is whats being reported in the Sunday HS.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

RIP Clinton.

Too young, way too young.

Goody
Club Player

As one of the many that watched his debut on payTV with the excellent White Line Fever I feel shattered.
An excellent sports journalist who could mix with anyone and often did, had an unbiased view and great judgement.
He will be sorely missed.
Why couldnt it have been one of the others who over inflated ego's and talked crap and fished a lot!!

RIP Clint

Goody

Followed Saints since '71
Sir Robert Harvey was my favorite player
Stewie Lowe and Plugger before that.
Loved watching Rooey and Jack Steven
Now looking forward to the future

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Absolute shock, i emailed him so many times in the last few years and he replied to everyone, it shows his passion.

Before Im 85
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

AFL and clubs pay tribute to Grybas
7:19 PM Sat 5 January, 2008
with AAP News
THE AFL has paid tribute to 3AW and Fox Sports broadcaster Clinton Grybas, who died on Saturday at the age of 32.

AFL chief executive officer Andrew Demetriou said the AFL was deeply saddened by the death.

"Clinton was a class act both on and off air," Demetriou said in a statement released on Saturday night.

"Whether he was hosting football programs on 3AW or Fox Sports, or fronting key events such as the AFL's All-Australian dinner, his professionalism, his passion and his personality always shone through.

"As well as being one of the best Australian Football commentators, he was also a gentleman who was universally liked and admired within our organisation and throughout the wider industry.

"On behalf of the AFL, I would like to extend our condolences to Clinton's colleagues, his family and friends. Our thoughts are with them."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... 132433.htm

Police are waiting for autopsy results to find the cause of death of 3AW sports broadcaster Clinton Grybas.

He was found dead in his Southbank apartment yesterday after failing to arrive for work.

Police say there are no suspicious circumstances.

Grybas was discovered during an ABC competition to find young cricket commentators in the mid-1990s.

Former ABC sports broadcaster Peter Booth says the 32-year-old won the Victorian competition.

He then went on to work for community station Eastern FM as a reporter.

Mr Booth says a year later, Grybas sent an audition tape to the ABC.

"And I had a drawer full of audition tapes from aspiring commentators all around Australia, and unfortunately none were going anywhere, but when I heard Clinton's tape, straight away I said to the staff 'I'm going to put him on Friday night football, because this man is an absolute natural and should be exposed to the media and the public as soon as possible'," he said.

"And thankfully Clinton went on to prove my judgement right, because he was one of the best commentators in Australia, and had he lived longer, he would have been the best commentator in Australia."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just found out that his girlfriend is Lourenna Toulmin, the Melbourne traffic reporter for the Today Show. Met her once, really lovely friendly gal.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Very Sad news.

32 is too young to die.

Can happen to anyone at my time.

We all have a tenuous grip on what we call life.

Puts all the petty little squabbles about footy into pespective.

Vale CG. Very good at his job, and very well liked by collegues and fans it is evident.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

people often overrate someone once they have passed on however this is one instance where it isn't true

the man was already the best commentator in australia and nearly being picked up by espn in america proved this fact

but he stayed in australia to broadcast football and this truly displayed his passion

rip

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Great guy.

.Great commentator

Will be greatly missed...

I was a White Line Fever addict and the main reason it was a great show for me was Clinton.....

He is a sad sad loss....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Unbelievable. :(

I'm still struggling to get my head around it.

Not only the best commentator in Australian sport but one of the best commentators in world sport for mine. A natural with a mic.

Gone way too soon. RIP.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:Not sure if this is correct, but this is already on wikipedia.

A preliminary report indicates that Grybas died as a result of head injuries due to a sleep-walking induced accident.

whatever has happened still has me in shock thats for sure.
Woah, I heard that he fell off a ladder, I guess the truth will be revealed in the next few days, if it was a sleep walking incident I wonder if that sleeping pill had anything to do with it, was it Stillnox or something like that...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Absolute shock.

One of the nicest blokes in the business and a credit to his profession. Will be missed by all.

Condolances to his friends and family. RIP CG.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Don't know how many people will want to see it, but I thought it was very moving and its amazing how many people in the footy world had the upmost respect for a man only 32 years of age

RIP Clinton.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

We were only talking last night about our favourite commentators and reporters. Clinton topped everyone's list. The next morning, the paper says he's dead.

Absolute shock. Will be sadly missed. RIP.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

It certainly is very sad, I found Clinton Grybas to be a warm and inviting host on WLF, The Winners, etc.

I never really like any commentator, past or present, in any sport, I usually switch the sound down, so I won't comment on this one way or another but I rarely missed WLF and always watched The Winners (when we won) so he will be missed there.

How can Fox Sports replace him?

Richter
SS Life Member

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:Not sure if this is correct, but this is already on wikipedia.

So sad. Incomprehensible really. Condolences to friends and family.

A year younger than me. As others have said it really makes you value what is important in your own life.

Re. cause of death, the Australian suggested that he had a day off work with a splitting headache last September. This points towards the possibililty that was due to a "warning bleed" of a sub-Arachnoid haemorrhage. If so, then that is doubly sad as this is a treatable, preventable condition if detected early enough.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Have been in absolute shock since i heard the news.

The best commentator of any sport in this country since i was born - of that i have no doubt.

He challenged ideas and views about the game and the way it should be called - but never made ways and always seemed like he was everyones best mate.

Only met him once but he was an absolute gentleman and everyone i know who has met him or emailed him has said the same thing.

Bloody good commentator, and a bloody good bloke too.

RIP.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
Bloody good commentator, and a bloody good bloke too.

RIP.
Beautifully put Nick :wink:

...just about sums it up...

the sense of shock and loss I [and obviously everyone else ]still feel is quite amazing... :roll:

And footy just won't be quite the same ever :cry:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
sax
Club Player

My very favourite commentator!!!!
I was absolutely devastated when White Line Fever was taken off air, and was hoping it would one day make a come back. Now I don't think it ever could.
You were an absolute super star, Clinton, and I'll miss your broadcasting immensely!

R.I.P.