Thomas/Saints payment dispute settlement

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu

legendary effort zippy

slow news day people ?

unnnnnnnnnnbelievable :lol:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Obvious piss take

The new board are all about moving forward and there's no way they'd entertain this scenario

About as much chance of the above scenario as Paris Hilton joining the nunnery

The biggest worry is that the GT bone monkey crew on here would find this to be a good thing, if it were true, which it is not

Butterss and Thomas most likely IMHO cost us a premiership, while using the football club as their own personal plaything

At least Butterss improved our financial position which is more than can be said for the parasite currently suing the club

P.S If only I could post some inside info I've recieved recently, to at least attempt to educate the know nothing, nuffy, numbnut, disenfranchised malcontents with their GT inflatable's, still stuck in a time warp living in a Thomas in wonderland fairytale, in a gold fish bowl half full of their own bathwater, but as much as I 'd like to,regrettably I can't
Andrew,

Because you have received “some inside infoâ€

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
RBnW
Club Player

Re: Thomas/Saints payment dispute settlement

Zippy wrote:Word from a very good source is that a mutually agreeable outcome has been agreed. Apparently:

- GT will drop his claims for any moneys

- In return, St Kilda will re-hire him in a management role

- his new salary will be much lower than as a head coach, but still in excess of the additional money he's currently claiming: this is good value for the club because they also get his services.

- GT's new role will be in overall co-ordination of the football department, and will provide specific oversight of several key areas, including player development, training services, and facilities management.

- he will provide some mentoring and advice to Ross Lyon, but it's been made clear that Lyon is still the head coach, and Lyon still has the final say on tactics etc.

cheers,
This is the funniest post I have ever read :shock: :oops: .....lets put Haniball back in charge..... :P
At the same time lets get Rob back in charge of PR :roll: ......and Sheldon back to mentor Drain :shock: :oops:
Penny back at CHB..... :roll:
Spider back in charge of raffles :oops: :oops:
Rendell back in charge of the Ruck.... :shock: :oops:
and Lyndsay back in charge of creditors :P :oops:

Have a good Christmas......and keep that sense on humour......I like it :lol: :lol:

Our best is yet
to come......
asiu

one would expect that the info you think your not privvy to, is probably hiding (in plain view) in this post
Perhaps you should just stick to the facts? RB was good for the club , no doubt...but he never put in one cent himself except at a few auctions. Ask him or any of the directors who were on during his time. The truth is that for many years , he was great for the club, but on occasion he used the club towards the end to look after himself and his mates ,which as a lifelong member I think was really wrong. 1. such as Sheldon's appointment after sheldon lost his job at nylex; ;2. his $30000 cash he told the CEO to pay casey (10000 per month for one day per week of "consulting",) that was never disclosed or approved by the board, (again- ask any director with access to the minutes, or ask the CEO- rather than choosing to ignore the facts) which was a deal that just happenned to coincide with Casey losing his job at Nylex, and having no cash flow while he and Rod were getting their well publicised Transition Group together. 3. And it's common knowledge now that Butterss and Casey's invovlement in the company Concept sports ( casey now ceo and butterss shareholder), had been producing all the clubs attire in China for Skins- again, to the annoyance of the new board- without any disclosure to the previous board. There is talk of legal action . Talk about conflicts of interest and breach of directors duties.
Let's acknowledge what he did for the club, and he did a lot ,but not let history and truth go out the window and create an image of him that is far from the truth. And before you start suggesting he paid out Blight, that again is not true. Ask a director, or the ceo at the time. Ask Thomas. They will tell you. It's a myth . I am not sure what your conection is to him, but you have tried pushing this line a few times on this site. Let's simply either stop discussing him at all, or if you want to talk about history, stick to the facts.
I for one think he should be remembered for being the right guy to turn around the club, and give heaps of time , thought, energy and committment for 8 hardworking years, that brought modern thinking, cleared the debt and set up the club for the future. It's a shame that his last year was starting to look a bit like him treating it as his private company, not as one owned by us , the members. Lets remember that he was tipped out in a landslide, and it was not because people loved what he was doing for the club at the end.

asiu

ps....before i go downstairs for the day

i understand its a post about rocket ...... (just add gt to the mix)

and see what you can come up with

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:

i understand its a post about rocket ...... (just add gt to the mix)

and see what you can come up with
Personally I am glad that BOTH Thomas and Butterss are gone AND I DO NOT want either of them back in any shape, form or capacity

The NEW board are moving forward, looking forward, thinking forward
gazrat wrote:
good on ya gt

thanx for having a go

thanx for dragging our ****'d up and ****'d over footy club into the modern day , on no money and by the sounds of it , no support from those who preached 'the ten year plan '

may these issues get sorted , quickly ...for every practicle obvious reason

merry christmas to you and yours grant

may 'sense' reign ....allowing you to be involved with our club again
involvement................perhaps Thomas can buy a membership and that will give him involvement, as much involvement as I'd want to see

The only reason Thomas continues to be discussed is because he is currently suing the St.Kilda Football Club

Thomas even refused for the matter to be settled amicably right here, right NOW, pocketing a further $100,000 of football club money with a settlement, which was nothing more than hush money from Butterss that he should never have been offered in the first place

The extra $167,000 of St.Kilda Football Club money that Thomas wants for himself, is for holiday pay that he's already signed a statutory declaration stating he's not even owed

You do the algebra, and you'll find the squares are rooted

Considering Thomas was paid over 2.5 million and recieved this money after he was appointed in what he himself has described as a flawed process, which he no doubt being great mates with Butterss at the time, was actively involved in, I think financially he's done very well already

'may 'sense' reign ....allowing you to be involved with our club again
I'd suggest from the quote above, that it is you who has more of an issue with moving on, than I do

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

[quote="St Fidelius"] Because you have received “some inside infoâ€

asiu

....that it is you who has more of an issue with moving on, than I do

:roll:

the problem could be that you actually believe that

:lol:

catch up , everyone else let go of it a long time ago

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

[quote="barks4eva"][quote="St Fidelius"] Because you have received “some inside infoâ€

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:
....that it is you who has more of an issue with moving on, than I do

:roll:

the problem could be that you actually believe that

:lol:

catch up , everyone else let go of it a long time ago
gazrat wrote: 'may 'sense' reign ....allowing you to be involved with our club again
yeah, sure you have

Personally, him buying a membership is involvement enough, as far as I'm concerned,

a few other dumbed down malcontents have also expressed their wish recently that they want Thomas back at our club in an official capacity,

the fact is, if it wasn't for Thomas currently suing the club, you did get that bit didn't ya :roll: and mind you for money he's already signed a stat dec, stating he's not even owed, then this thread would not even exist :idea:

apparently you must be of the belief that it is not a relevant discussion and current issue for this forum and that in expressing the view that I regard Thomas as a relcalitrant reprobate for suing the football club after the club has already paid him over 2.5 million for his services through an appointment he himself has said, was a flawed process, to my mind he should be more than happy to take the $100,000 hush money Butterss had no right to offer him in the first place and settle the matter, like the football club has already tried to do, is apparently according to you, somehow evidence that I have not moved on :roll:

it's those that carry on with "good on ya GT" :roll: doing their head in the sand meditation, like love sick puppies, who it would seem, are of the belief that it is some god given right that Thomas should be back at our club, so they can continue to be taken for a ride on their GT inflatables, that are the one's who have not moved on

personally I am rapt that the St.Kilda Football club, is now rid of Butterss and Thomas and would prefer to look forward, like the current board is doing, without expressing some desire for this svengali snake oil salesman to be somehow associated in any way, shape or form

it might give you, with your "head in the sand" meditation some stirring in the jacksie, to revisit your Thomas in wonderland fairy stories BUT the reality is, if you bothered to wake up, you know "open your eye's " to it, Thomas is suing the St.Kilda football club for money he's already signed a stat dec stating he's not even owed and refused to even settle for the highly irregular $100,000 sum which was proposed, solely for his silence :roll:

"good on ya GT"

yeah righto :roll:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:one would expect that the info you think your not privvy to, is probably hiding (in plain view) in this post
Let's acknowledge what he did for the club, and he did a lot ,but not let history and truth go out the window and create an image of him that is far from the truth. And before you start suggesting he paid out Blight, that again is not true. Ask a director, or the ceo at the time. Ask Thomas. They will tell you. It's a myth . I am not sure what your conection is to him, but you have tried pushing this line a few times on this site. Let's simply either stop discussing him at all, or if you want to talk about history, stick to the facts.
By all means castigate RB for what he did wrong or didn't do right, but please give him credit for what he did do right.

Nowhere in the Clubs accounts was the $1,000,000 that was paid to Blight to end his contract ever brought to account. So if the Club didn't pay him then he was paid out privately.

I am told that 2 people each paid half. One was RB the other another Board member. IF your assertion is correct then who paid the $500,000 that you claim GT, the CEO of the time or a Director csay RB didn't pay?

asiu

you go hard dont ya ...

up the disrespect level with each rant that you deliver ....and then cry a river about being 'abused'

**** you sh!t for brains .....

don't be telling me what i know , when you have no idea jack

i'll tell you what i know .....i couldn't give a rats arse about gt being back at our club or not

if it works out that he was back ...surely it would be because those in charge deemed him 'useful' towards the job at hand ....which is winning a preimership

( thankfully u r not in charge of anything , not even your own reality it seems )

if he's not useful to the club , he won't be back

its not hard .....might be too simple for you , but its not hard

now ...talking about useful

how useful is your ongoing 'little spat with the past '......to helping the st kfc you cork ?

dont lay your disrespect onto my life , thankyou...........tolerance and compassion is not a sign of weakness , but a sign of strength

you have none of either

pretender

asiu

By all means castigate....
i wasn't castigating anyone mm....i'm well over both of em

it was a reply to fid wondering what the 'privvy' information was , that has been disseminated out to andrew

if theres new 'talk' on the vine , you dont actually think only andrew knows about it , surely

when you read, more than you talk , new 'talk' stands out like dogsballs

ie.....check out this post, fid , maybe theres something in here thats a bit new

its not hard

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
gazrat wrote:one would expect that the info you think your not privvy to, is probably hiding (in plain view) in this post
By all means castigate RB for what he did wrong or didn't do right, but please give him credit for what he did do right.

Nowhere in the Clubs accounts was the $1,000,000 that was paid to Blight to end his contract ever brought to account. So if the Club didn't pay him then he was paid out privately.

I am told that 2 people each paid half. One was RB the other another Board member. IF your assertion is correct then who paid the $500,000 that you claim GT, the CEO of the time or a Director csay RB didn't pay?
where on earth do you come up with the story that blight was paid out a million dollars? the story at the time was that he was on an alleged million per year.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:you go hard dont ya ...

up the disrespect level with each rant that you deliver ....and then cry a river about being 'abused'

**** you sh!t for brains .....

don't be telling me what i know , when you have no idea jack

i'll tell you what i know .....i couldn't give a rats arse about gt being back at our club or not

if it works out that he was back ...surely it would be because those in charge deemed him 'useful' towards the job at hand ....which is winning a preimership ( thankfully u r not in charge of anything , not even your own reality it seems )

if he's not useful to the club , he won't be back

its not hard .....might be too simple for you , but its not hard

now ...talking about useful

how useful is your ongoing 'little spat with the past '......to helping the st kfc you cork ?

dont lay your disrespect onto my life , thankyou...........tolerance and compassion is not a sign of weakness , but a sign of strength

you have none of either

pretender
oh dear

the club tried to resolve the matter, "GT" refused to

if ya can't figure out "GT's" character by now and even contemplate that the NEW board might be willing to take "GT" back then you're seriously deluded

will NOT happen, why not, if ya don't know by now, then I really can't be stuffed, trying to give you a clue as to why

and btw, every dollar that "GT" tries to leech off the St.Kilda Football Club, you know the club he is suing, you know the club he said he'd never do anything to hurt, is one less dollar the St.Kilda Football Club club has at it's disposal to try and win a premiership :idea:

you wade into the thread with

good on ya "GT"

and

may 'sense' reign ....allowing you to be involved with our club again

exactly what kind of 'sense' is that?

be honest, sounds hardly like someone who doesn't give a rats

stinger
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:Geez .............this forum is taken over by fairdinkum monkeys and it is becoming too boring..............Stinger..........I am surprised you bother to respond to this thread......where are you Eastern.....where are you Roger wa......where are you Mason cj.......where are you St Mart..............please........let this forum go back to it's glorious intellegent days........and where are you Loris possum.............as Viv Richards once sledged........." when the batsmen go home the bunnies come out to bat..."...............this forum at the moment is full of bunnies ......the bats men and women of this forum please come out and bat..............
yep...me too....sorry.....and i mean it....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

lolololololololololololololol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The best sh|t stir I have seen on this site in about two years and you all take it hook, line and sinker ...

Relax ... it was plainly an attempt at stirring, and a brilliantly executed one at that.

Just enough gravitas in the OP to give it a little credibility ...

Absolutely sensational effort Zippy.

And this thread is now locked, because some people can't get over history and repeatedly post the same stuff. Over and over again.

Merry Christmas.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.