The fans are rallying

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

yipper
SS Life Member

The fans are rallying

We have secured 13000 members in just 4 weeks. Now that is momentum in anyone's language. That's 3250 per week, add another 2 weeks on that we are behind everyone else by - then we'd be looking at 20000 by Xmas. As it is - we can still hit 17000 by Xmas. The changes and new up-beat vibe down at Moorabbin is now starting to reflect in supporters. The buzz around Moorabbin is really starting to take hold. I told you they were flat-out, and they have been and still are. We are leap frogging up the so-called membership ladder.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

IMO I wouldn't be too worried about any race in membership.

the reality is that there are about 15 to 20k people who buy their memberships regardless.

about 1k hedge betters and scalpers who buy tickets on early season form for final series and GF tickets.

and up to 10k people who will make their decision at the last minute or on early season form.

= club does well early season = big ticket sales.
= club does poorly early season = poor ticket sales.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
yipper
SS Life Member

Agreed Dan - however, therre does seem to be a higher than previous influx of memberships. Much the same as 04 / 05 periods, but with a higher volume thus far. It might taper out to the previous levels - but early signs are that there is some momentum being generated by the off-field goals being kicked lately. I am of the view that we will exceed 07 membership levels by quite a bit.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
Batnoe

Does anyone know how many of the 8000 social club are sold?

am i too late to be on the first 8000

bendigo bob
Club Player

My family has 4 social club memberships - 2 adult, 1 student concession and 1 junior

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

I am an interstate member, have been for years, and have not received anything in regards to 2008 membership. Just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

We also are in sunny Qld and received our membership package quite a while ago, ring the club, it would be a pity to miss out on the highlights DVD.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Thanks for that Bev

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

To Batnoe: I spoke to the membership dept. a couple of weeks ago. They have capped their Social Club members numbers and he said that last season they had 6,000 Social Club Members, so not to panick. I went ahead and still filled out the forms so we would be sure of retaining our Social Club Membership.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

yipper, whilst it is excellent news we have hit 13K so quickly, there would've been a lot of pent up demand to buy memberships, hence the surge.

Now the floodgates have opened, it may quieten down a bit soon, and then pick up again mid-Jan with renewed vigor and another membership surge.

Probably will quieten down a bit in the first half of Feb, and then surge again during the NAB Crap.

.....if only other things in life worked this smoothly......:cool:

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Does anyone know how many of the 8000 social club are sold?

am i too late to be on the first 8000
Well there were 6000 last season, so there were 2000 new ones available.

Unsure on the numbers sold as yet though.

They walk amongst us...

Batnoe

Cheers guys i will it tomorrow, i dont really want to spend the money if i am too late but if there wasnt that many sold last year i should be safe, i am only weary as i dont live in Melb and would only see a few games anyway, so the saints will get a donation, does anyone know if i can get interstate games for free??

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Friday 21 December will really start to tell us where we are at re memberships. That is the cut off date for 2007 reserved seat holders to renew or lose their reserved seats. It would be a fantastic effort to have 20,000 on board by Christmas !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Cheers guys i will it tomorrow, i dont really want to spend the money if i am too late but if there wasnt that many sold last year i should be safe, i am only weary as i dont live in Melb and would only see a few games anyway, so the saints will get a donation, does anyone know if i can get interstate games for free??

I don't think you do. Roger or one of the other established I/S Full members will be able to give a definitive answer !!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:Cheers guys i will it tomorrow, i dont really want to spend the money if i am too late but if there wasnt that many sold last year i should be safe, i am only weary as i dont live in Melb and would only see a few games anyway, so the saints will get a donation, does anyone know if i can get interstate games for free??
Yes Batnoe, us interstaters do get to go to the games in our home state for free (as part of our membership). However, you MUST organise the tickets in the time frame given or you will miss out.

Batnoe

Saint Bev wrote:
Yes Batnoe, us interstaters do get to go to the games in our home state for free (as part of our membership). However, you MUST organise the tickets in the time frame given or you will miss out.

Hey Saint Bev

I have had interstate membership for last 4 years and have done that, i just want to know if social club gets you into interstate or just home games

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:

Hey Saint Bev

I have had interstate membership for last 4 years and have done that, i just want to know if social club gets you into interstate or just home games
I'm guessing you havn't had a Social Club Membership before? My understanding is (and I think I am correct), for access to Grand Final tickets you need a full footy club membership and a social club membership. If there is no chance of you getting to the Grand Final (providing we are in it of course) you don't need a Social Club membership.

For access to games in your home state, you only need to be a footy member, it doesn't matter what type of membership, and you don't need to be a social club member.

Social club membership can only be used in Melbourne, funny enough, to get you into the social club, eg. Telstra Dome.

You can't just purchase a Social Club membership without a footy membership.

I hope this makes sense, pm me if you have any questions. :)

Huzzad
Club Player

Stephen Theodore wrote:I am an interstate member, have been for years, and have not received anything in regards to 2008 membership. Just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat.
I haven't received anything yet. Signed up last week or before. First time I have been able to afford it. Thought I might go the whole 9 yards and get interstate and social club. Glad to finally make everything offical! Can't remember this much buzz since Malcolm Blight came to town and the G-Train and Hamill got on board! Let's just hope we have more success than we did that year!

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Huzzad
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:

Hey Saint Bev

I'm guessing you havn't had a Social Club Membership before? My understanding is (and I think I am correct), for access to Grand Final tickets you need a full footy club membership and a social club membership. If there is no chance of you getting to the Grand Final (providing we are in it of course) you don't need a Social Club membership.

For access to games in your home state, you only need to be a footy member, it doesn't matter what type of membership, and you don't need to be a social club member.

Social club membership can only be used in Melbourne, funny enough, to get you into the social club, eg. Telstra Dome.

You can't just purchase a Social Club membership without a footy membership.

I hope this makes sense, pm me if you have any questions. :)
Is footy club different to Interstate? Cause I got the Interstate with Social Club option and it said that I would have priority access to tickets, including Grand Final. Unless I read something wrong, it was on the page when I signed up and selected what kinda membership I wanted.

Can someone confirm instead of guessing?

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
asiu

if a 'guaranteed ' ticket to the grand final ....when the saints play ....is the aim ..............only a full membership (11 games or above ) plus social club achieves this

Batnoe

I think i understand Saint Bev

So the $280 i think the membership for social club, what would it cost me to guarantee tickets to grand final, if we're in it? do i have to get the full membership of x amount + social club of $280?

Any help would be appreciated

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Batnoe, Yes you need to be a full footy club member, cost is $160 (same as last season) and a Social Club Membership, cost is $120. Total cost is - $280 to guarantee you a ticket to the GF. As an added bonus, we get to see the 2 games up here this season for free. Plus you become a member of our Supporters Group. PM me your email and I will put you on our list and keep you up to date with what we do in Qld.

noddy

Batnoe i am a interstate saints supporter. I have a footy club membership(can get into 11 saints home games) and a social club membership. My wife and 2 adult age sons are members as well. If you ONLY have a interstate membership and social club membership you can get into 5 saints home games but will not have priority access to GF tickets.

yipper
SS Life Member

Well my op indicated that a target of 17000 was set for Xmas 07'. It has been exceeded, we are over 18000 and our all time pre-Xmas record is 18200!!! This record may still be smashed as the membership ppl are still processing renewals, new members app's over the next day or 2.

If that is not momentum I'll go he... This place is humming along and combined with the reports that everyone is basically out on the park getting very fit, can't wait for the first NAB cup game.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

The couple of added extras by signing before 21/12 has had an effect...

(supported by Archie/Membership dept)

will be interesting how many have renewed earlier or is it up with NEW members......

10%-12%up sametime last year

based on last year numbers anything above 35,000 reasonable target

saint4life