kangaroos seek butterss advice on money woes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:This is really funny.

I can only imagine the scorn we'd have seen on these boards if 12 months ago we'd read headlines about a certain ex-coach stepping in to help out another club.

You mean like Allan Jeans going to Hawthorn?????

or ex assistant coach Ross joining the Saints.

What is the big deal????

On RB...is he on record as stating that he would never help another club??? If not...what is the issue????
It would seem to me that Brayshaw acted ina sensible way....which is more than can be said for his topedoing of the GC offer.
Are you a bity slow sRs? The analogy is with GT. Who on the basis of.... what exactly?..... was accused of using his inside knowledge of St Kilda to make a buck for himself and to whiteant the club. By RB. Who is now doing at least one of the above.

Check under I for Irony in the dictionary.
An educated guess may have Butterss and co pitching their services to the Kangaroos and dangling the odd carrot in hope of being contracted, however how have you concluded Butterss and Casey have benefited financially from their meeting with Brayshaw?

Secondly I can not draw the GT analogy as GT would have inside knowledge that could be of use to other clubs on field, I doubt Butterss sharing his financial plan could be detrimental to the club or the current administration.

Even if it were GT he (like RB) is gone and has the right to conduct his business as he sees fit (assuming in accordance with any departing contract he may have signed).

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:BTW, what proof do you have that Butterss & Casey were paid for their advice?
the former St Kilda pair, who are now in business together rescuing or restoring financial health to troubled companies through their firm, Transition Group
Clear enough isn't it?
Sorry, I missed the paragraph that read the Kangaroos have contracted the services of the Transition Group to assist with a business plan… :wink:

As I wrote above, maybe they have pitched their services but to state they have been paid for their services directly from that article is a very long stretch IMO.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Richter
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: An educated guess may have Butterss and co pitching their services to the Kangaroos and dangling the odd carrot in hope of being contracted, however how have you concluded Butterss and Casey have benefited financially from their meeting with Brayshaw?
I don't think that JD did that, he said "I can't say I'm comfortable with our recently departed president & director gaining a personal financial benefit by selling his knowledge of our operations". Me neither. Although I accept that it remains supposition as to whether or not they were paid for their advice by JB - I doubt that they were, probably just met down in Brighton whilst walking the dogs (JB lives in Bayside too).

(Oops, just seen your edit! :wink: :D )
Joffa Burns wrote: Secondly I can not draw the GT analogy as GT would have inside knowledge that could be of use to other clubs on field, I doubt Butterss sharing his financial plan could be detrimental to the club or the current administration.
Generally I agree with that. Although as most suggest that there is competition within Melbourne for resources for footy clubs e.g. sponsors etc. it is arguable that giving the competitor advice is detrimental to the original company. Don't most firms have policies on this sort of a thing - I know friends of mine are oftne not allowed to work for competitors within a certain time frame of leaving their previous jobs.
Joffa Burns wrote: Even if it were GT he (like RB) is gone and has the right to conduct his business as he sees fit (assuming in accordance with any departing contract he may have signed).
Yes, I agree with this. I thought the critiscism of GT doing this was over-the-top. The irony is that RB was one of GT's most vocal critics of this practice at the time, and now look....

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Richter]
Generally I agree with that. Although as most suggest that there is competition within Melbourne for resources for footy clubs e.g. sponsors etc. it is arguable that giving the competitor advice is detrimental to the original company. Don't most firms have policies on this sort of a thing - I know friends of mine are oftne not allowed to work for competitors within a certain time frame of leaving their previous jobs.
[/quote]

I am pretty sure the AFL has a non competition clause between clubs which covers procuring of major sponsors (+$200K) from an opposition club, which would alliviate any concern in the area of sponsorship.

I also believe the AFL hold a pre season conference for all AFL clubs (Marketing and sales staff) where they share merchandising and membership initiatives as a way of assisting resources and revenue growth.

Doubt that this should cause concern to so many on here given their opinion of Butterss performance whilst at the helm of the saints.

bob__71
Club Player

Get over it guys....RB is gone, with our major sponsor....Its not our fault that he is a hypocrite

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:Get over it guys....RB is gone, with our major sponsor....Its not our fault that he is a hypocrite
Sorry bob, I missed the part where Butterss abdicated then ran off with ‘our’ major sponsor. Perhaps you can enlighten me and also on how he is a hypocrite?

Perhaps you should have paid attention to Bob Keddie after 3/4 time :wink:

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

bob__71 wrote:Get over it guys....RB is gone, with our major sponsor....Its not our fault that he is a hypocrite
That's the same major sponsor who left us because of Butterss bad behaviour isn't it?

Now THAT'S devious...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Maybe not the right words, but the sentiment is there:

We voted Butterrsssssss off the Island, he is gone, and his replacement seems to be getting the job done (after a slow start, it must be said). And yes, Vodafone left us, but we got a much better sponsorship deal that seems to be worth far more in the long term.

Why worry about these things now, when we have them replaced with better alternatives.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:Maybe not the right words, but the sentiment is there:

We voted Butterrsssssss off the Island, he is gone, and his replacement seems to be getting the job done (after a slow start, it must be said). And yes, Vodafone left us, but we got a much better sponsorship deal that seems to be worth far more in the long term.

Why worry about these things now, when we have them replaced with better alternatives.
Excellent post, while I feel no affection for either parties I wish them both the best of luck with their future endeavours, as long as it doesn't negatively effect St.Kilda I don't mind...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

He's gone. Move on.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:He's gone. Move on.
That stopped being funny two weeks ago, it's gone, move on...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
mischa
Club Player

God they must be desperate. Go to the Gold Coast.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
RBnW wrote:
Armoooo wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
It's simple the kangaroos wouldn't be in such terrible debt if they would stop wasting their money on employees, facilities and equipment....

Yes........thats the answer, North Members meembers can now expect, less spent on them as members, no functions, no auction night, no magazines, no memeber scarf and no staff to talk to at the club.....
Has Brayshaw lost his mind....he needs to look at how these guys have actually performed.... Nylex shares, went from 46c to 4c, Medivac shares went from 6c to 1.2c, and just how is Concept Sports travelling since the financial genius team of Margarine & Spacey got involved.........North you are gone......they never grew our business or revenue at the club....and they havnt grown anything in thier own business.....that is a fact, check the share prices Brayshaw they don't lie....I had Nylex shares......46c to 4c all thanks to the financial genius of Spacey and Ray Ping as Chairman.......these two will cut that club to death....makes Dimwits forcast of 6 months on the money........
To be fair, the financial plans put in place by Seymour were absolutely neccessary at the time for us.

You can't win flags if you don't exist.

We needed to exist first, then worry about flags. So do North.
butters and co did what they had to do to get us out of the quagmire we were in at the time remebering us and north were on the same level of shiite at the time that butters took over

he did what had to be done and i for one am extremely thankful for what he was able to create and thus allow a new board with a new vision to grow and prosper

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
RBnW wrote:
It's simple the kangaroos wouldn't be in such terrible debt if they would stop wasting their money on employees, facilities and equipment....

Yes........thats the answer, North Members meembers can now expect, less spent on them as members, no functions, no auction night, no magazines, no memeber scarf and no staff to talk to at the club.....
Has Brayshaw lost his mind....he needs to look at how these guys have actually performed.... Nylex shares, went from 46c to 4c, Medivac shares went from 6c to 1.2c, and just how is Concept Sports travelling since the financial genius team of Margarine & Spacey got involved.........North you are gone......they never grew our business or revenue at the club....and they havnt grown anything in thier own business.....that is a fact, check the share prices Brayshaw they don't lie....I had Nylex shares......46c to 4c all thanks to the financial genius of Spacey and Ray Ping as Chairman.......these two will cut that club to death....makes Dimwits forcast of 6 months on the money........
To be fair, the financial plans put in place by Seymour were absolutely neccessary at the time for us.

butters and co did what they had to do to get us out of the quagmire we were in at the time remebering us and north were on the same level of shiite at the time that butters took over

he did what had to be done and i for one am extremely thankful for what he was able to create and thus allow a new board with a new vision to grow and prosper
agree with this. butters did what he had to do otherswise the saints would have been begging for money . however he just stayed on one year too long. Either that or he could not change his thoughts on the lack of spending

JeffDunne

Joffa Burns wrote:
Sorry bob, I missed the part where Butterss abdicated then ran off with ‘our’ major sponsor.
Was Vodafone a sponsor of St Kilda in 2007?

Any co-incidence they are now on board with the Kangaroos?

Just asking.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
Sorry bob, I missed the part where Butterss abdicated then ran off with ‘our’ major sponsor.
Was Vodafone a sponsor of St Kilda in 2007?

Just asking.
Bob_71 wrote major sponsor...
I wrote major sponsor...
Was Vodaphone our major sponsor? I thought it was Bill Express???

Don't let what was actually written get in the way if your agenda JeffDunne :lol:

Notice you didn't respond to my question as to how you have information RB and GC were paid by Brayshaw for their services :roll:
Put up or shut up JeffDunne!
JeffDunne wrote:[Was Vodafone a sponsor of St Kilda in 2007?

So you are now implying Butterss has been involved in getting Vodaphone across to the Kangaroos....care to back this conspiracy theory up with some fact or is it just another in an extremly long line of fabrications :roll:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
RBnW wrote:

you never had Nylex shares did you.....
No but he still owns the stockings.....hes an authority on ladies undergarments...so go with him. :wink:

BTW ...I hate saying this.....but THIS time hes right.... :cry:

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

For someone that tries to paint themselves as an intellectual you do post the most inane comebacks JB.

Do I know they are getting paid? No I don't.

Did I suggest anything about Vodafone? No, I think I asked a question.

Your obsession with me is flattering but at least make it interesting.
Last edited by JeffDunne on Wed 19 Dec 2007 10:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeffDunne

JB can you please PM Teffers your phone number.

I reckon he can help you out with those Buz fantasies. :lol:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote: While I support helping the Kangaroos, I can't say I'm comfortable with our recently departed president & director gaining a personal financial benefit by selling his knowledge of our operations.
JeffDunne wrote:Do I know they are getting paid? No I don't.

Thanks for clearing up the fact your initial quote was just another one of your fabricated fantasies….

Cheers!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:For someone that tries to paint themselves as an intellectual you do post the most inane comebacks JB.

Jeff as JB has repeatedly asked and you fail to do each and everytime - just put up or shut up...you imply, insinuate and hide behind "thats not what I said at all". EVERY time...its bordering on Tony Abbotish.......just back up what you say with a picture or something if your struggling for words or are tongue tied after another marathon "virtual" Board meeting (including mail out) between you and the dog in the cubby.

cheers.

“Yeah….nah””
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:JB can you please PM Teffers your phone number.

I reckon he can help you out with those Buz fantasies. :lol:
:?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:For someone that tries to paint themselves as an intellectual you do post the most inane comebacks JB.

Jeff as JB has repeatedly asked and you fail to do each and everytime - just put up or shut up...you imply, insinuate and hide behind "thats not what I said at all". EVERY time...its bordering on Tony Abbotish.......just back up what you say with a picture or something if your struggling for words or are tongue tied after another marathon "virtual" Board meeting (including mail out) between you and the dog in the cubby.

cheers.
Don't waste your time Teffers, he is still trying to convince us that Schneider, Gardiner and Dempster are veterans..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
Teflon wrote:

cheers.
Don't waste your time Teffers, he is still trying to convince us that Schneider, Gardiner and Dempster are veterans..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I actually think hes genuinely trying to convince you he has some business acumen...hence the late night "virtual" Board meetings.... :lol:

Ah........I do like Jeffery.......good family value entertainment... :wink: :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

What question would my two biggest fans like me to answer (that I haven't already)?

I'm happy to take questions from the butt or his plug.

Fire away guys.